***Official*** Too Human Thread Page 56

• Page

of 56 First / Last

Next
  • RedSparrows 25 Jul 2012 13:27:30 23,919 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't mind you guys bumbling about - I fully appreciate it's not easy to pick up, and it's funniest when peopled don't know what they are doing (usually).

My thing wasn't about skill/pace anyway, it was about your opinions.
  • 1Dgaf 25 Jul 2012 15:41:30 3,936 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I suppose it was too early to form them. At the time, I thought it had potential. Skeleton thought it was OK, a sort of mindless game (in a good way).

Now I've finished SP, I like it more. I'm trying to decide how deep it is. Initially it looks shallow, then it seems complex and now I'm undecided.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• RedSparrows 25 Jul 2012 16:26:26 23,919 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's somewhere in between, mainly to do with loot and skills: runes, charms, weapon/armour slots/sets, maximising use of skill points, etc.
  • 1Dgaf 25 Jul 2012 16:45:55 3,936 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That bit is fine, but thn there's this drop off in complexity when it comes to combat. I can tell which enemies I have to avoid and what status effects they'll give me, but I can't do much about it others than kill them at a distance.

It feels like there needs to be something extra there; some way for me to play with he fact there are different enemies, rather than just tying to kill them at a distance.

• nickthegun 25 Jul 2012 16:48:34 61,117 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is where the multiplayer comes in. Some of the levels just dont work, even with two of you and in single player it *really* needs an AI with you to compensate for whatever your character is shit at.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• telboy007 26 Nov 2012 12:28:41 638 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've just started playing this game again and I've only just found out about the Grendl loot glitch... still, better late than never!

Unlocked the achievement Exploring Uranus

• 1Dgaf 26 Nov 2012 12:34:08 3,936 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In the intervening months I bought the strategy guide.

• telboy007 26 Nov 2012 12:53:34 638 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It is amazing how a court case and an order to destroy unsold stock reignites your desire to play a game. I saw some crazy shit yesterday with level 3 charms causing vortexs and all sorts...

• RedSparrows 26 Nov 2012 13:39:57 23,919 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My dual blades of leetness ocassionally opened up wormholes to hell (well, effectively), sucking in all bad guys whilst I cackled demonically.
  • telboy007 10 Dec 2012 13:39:35 638 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Four years later I finally worked out how to do Charms...

• telboy007 18 Dec 2013 13:33:09 638 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So when the dust settles and we do a top 10 of xbox 360 games, this is going to get number one spot right?

• RedSparrows 18 Dec 2013 13:37:46 23,919 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haha.

It comes top of my list of 'Unexpectedly enjoyable games that are otherwise universally reviled as farcical jokes'.

So much wrong with it, so much right with it, so much just waiting to be unlocked in a sequel. Ah well.
  • telboy007 18 Dec 2013 13:43:42 638 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Very true, we'll never know what Loki wanted with that big ol' Giant. In the top 10 Too Human would be closely followed in 2nd place by that XBLA space game Fusion Genesis we played. :)

• RedSparrows 18 Dec 2013 13:59:56 23,919 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, Fusion Genesis is a very similar case to TH. I'd absolutely love to see sequels announced for either. If I were a billionaire I'd get on to that immediately.
  • Page

of 56 First / Last

Next