Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • RedSparrows 31 Mar 2011 18:12:30 22,300 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BUMP. Recent TH loving and defending has reminded me I still have a couple of achievements left. Anyone for co-op sometime soon?
  • Deleted user 31 March 2011 18:16:34
    ewww. i wouldn't touch this if it was in the bargain bin for a pound. :p
  • ronuds 31 Mar 2011 18:17:20 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What ever happened to TH2?
  • Deleted user 31 March 2011 18:18:31
    i think one game is enough, don't you?
  • ronuds 31 Mar 2011 18:20:24 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    More than enough...
  • agparrot 31 Mar 2011 18:23:03 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Really liked TH, not sure it is still knocking around in my house.. might pick a £4.50 'extra protein' copy up from CEX when I go down there to reacquire RDR.

I particularly liked the 'lobby' system, which had clearly been designed with the sort of features you'd want in a 4UP lobby, and then neutered when they'd decided the co-op couldn't handle more than 2 players.

Never did play it in HD, either, so would be interesting to see if that made the confusion of light and blur any clearer in the gameplay.

Thought the story was actually fairly well wrought - not the same sort of anticipation that I had after ticking of ME1, but still enough interest to mean I'm still looking forward to the rest of the trilogy, however forlorn this hope may be.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2011 18:28:47
    i think dyack is too busy suing epic. you got more chance playing the new x-com game (which is also a debatable release, as there's no news about it atm) than seeing TH2 tbah.
  • ronuds 31 Mar 2011 18:31:10 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think we would have heard something by now. The last I heard, he still "wanted" to make the trilogy, but I don't think MS cared too much.
  • agparrot 31 Mar 2011 18:33:27 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes, it was a very strange case of Hype vs Game in the end, wasn't it?
  • ronuds 31 Mar 2011 18:36:15 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, he set the expectations too high... and was somewhat full of himself during development. I don't think in the end it was a terrible game, but it certainly fell short of expectations.

Then the whole being banned from GAF thing gave him bad street credit across the internet - as ridiculous as I thought that whole thing was.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2011 18:39:08
    aah of course, if dyack had issues with epic it would be safe to assume MS frowning on that, with gears being an exclusive franchise on teh 360.
  • ronuds 31 Mar 2011 18:40:56 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I doubt MS would care about that. Everyone is suing everyone else these days.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2011 18:45:55
    yeah, but dyack went ott when the shit storm hit. not the best thing to do if you're slagging of a company that close to MS. i mean gears is a console seller, pure and simples! i know people here hate that term! :D
  • ronuds 31 Mar 2011 18:52:20 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, I don't remember reading about any of that. That Dyack sounds like he has quite the temper, though - it's what got him kicked off GAF as well.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2011 18:57:31
    exactly. joining a games forum and acting like that was definitely ott. i have very little sympathy for dyack tbh.
  • ronuds 31 Mar 2011 19:05:48 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Even though he acted like an idiot, the arrogant reply some jerky little nobody mod gave him as to the reason for the banning angered me even more.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2011 19:14:09
    i missed that, not being a member of GAF. and i can't read GAF either, as its scrambled. thanks internet gaming media! D: (well they kept linking stories to the GAF forums whilst this went on, yea i blame EG etc!) :D
  • RedSparrows 31 Mar 2011 19:45:06 22,300 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I prefer Dyack to the cowards of the internet.

TH2 please.

Co-op anyone?
  • ronuds 31 Mar 2011 20:05:11 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DcP729UK wrote:
    i missed that, not being a member of GAF. and i can't read GAF either, as its scrambled. thanks internet gaming media! D: (well they kept linking stories to the GAF forums whilst this went on, yea i blame EG etc!) :D

The reply was all over the place at the time.

I ended up taking Dyack's side because of it.
  • ronuds 31 Mar 2011 20:32:44 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I found the reply!

As Confucius once said, “the photoshop cat juggles a ball of yarn, and unravels it all over his face.” You are Baldur, Denis. You’re the poorly animated bald Norse technogod, the Übermensch with a thousand pointless book references misunderstood by the dirty proles who aren’t worthy enough to judge you.

Your favorite Nietzsche quote, “he who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster,” is one you’ve fallen victim to yourself, if your opinion of this site is to be taken to heart. In these pitiable confrontations with us you’ve proven to be the monster of gaming development, a sore on the industry and a squanderer of your subordinates’ time and effort. Through all this, through this self-inflicted PR nightmare, you’ve conquered vast new frontiers of unwarranted hyperbole and desperate pseudo-intellectual grasping. Buy an unaccredited doctorate, change your given name to Derek, and take up the reins; Derek Smart would eagerly defer to the greatness of Dr. Dyack.

What is an appropriate action to take in response to the man who continues to post here? I won’t be tolerating a second retconned “social experiment,” a second call for NeoGAF’s closing, or a second “worst forum” insult. You decided to ignore the option for real terms for your pointless tag bet, so with the majority of reviews condemning your magnum opus to mediocrity I’ll claim a suitable prize by telling you to get the hell off NeoGAF.

We’re saying nothing.

Seems to me like they're saying something.

Looks too as though he went a little crazy with the thesaurus.

Edit: Wait a second - the thread where I got that reply from... look at the names of those who left a reply to the article. A lot of familiar faces, methinks!

http://www.vg247.com/2008/08/19/dyack-banned-from-neogaf-after-worst-forum-comments/
  • RedSparrows 31 Mar 2011 21:27:03 22,300 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I prefer Dyack to the cowards of the internet.

TH2 please.

Co-op anyone?
  • 1Dgaf 16 Jul 2012 12:09:45 3,798 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Played this for first time last night, did co-op with a friend. What isn't clear is whether the co-op missions are only for the level/stage you chose or if they take you into later ones automatically.

We played for an hour, but had no indication if we'd finished the level, started a new part of it, started an entire new level or what. Any ideas? Is there a big glowing sign that says 'OK, you've done this bit go back to the co-op screen'?

Also, do you get to choose your alignment in co-op or is that for SP only? Because there aren't any cutscenes we don't know what's going on or where we're going. Here's a forest bit, you can lean over like you're pushing a car etc.

Edited by 1Dgaf at 12:14:28 16-07-2012

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• telboy007 16 Jul 2012 12:16:31 430 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You're right, you get naff all indication what is going on co-op. You need to have played the single player game to know what you're meant to do! Crazy stuff.

Edit: I can't remember what happens on co-op and you complete a level, it has been a long time since I played this co-op.

I really REALLY like Too Human; regardless of the fact most of the time is spent running around HUGE maps with nothing to do. the combat system is extremely marmite and the death scenes take ages to run and are not skipable!

It still floated my boat.

Edited by telboy007 at 12:17:07 16-07-2012

Unlocked the achievement Exploring Uranus

• Page

of 56 First / Last