***Official*** Too Human Thread Page 52

• Page

of 56 First / Last

• Phattso Moderator 1 Aug 2009 13:12:15 13,259 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He's right, DUFFMAN5, the 'B' button is your friend. We could all give you reams of advice on the game, most of it complex, but the single best bit of advice you can get is not to get shot/hit/sliced by the bad guys. And the best way to do that is to dodge. :)
  • Xerx3s 1 Aug 2009 13:35:44 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also, dodging more or less makes you immune to damage, even stuff like poison.
  • RedSparrows 1 Aug 2009 13:55:33 22,215 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll be on much later. 10/11ish my time, so 12 yours? Or maybe about 8/9. Not sure! Need to write lots!
  • Xerx3s 1 Aug 2009 14:37:25 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh, I'll be out tonight. :/
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Aug 2009 15:34:19 14,529 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HI lads
    I have been playing for a couple of hours, started this morning. Just defeated the GRNDL-1 boss ?
    Few questions (due to not having the manual with the game)
    1:When I jump up on some bigger enemies (after pressing the A prompt) what am I suppose to do or press ? I just keep falling off.
    2:I have been killed a good few times already, can I speed up the death scene?
    3:Any advice on what to upgrade fastest. I have my blade at 10 and then the 3 things below at (working from left to right) 6/6/6 and the next tier down I only have the gun icon on a further 2 (if you can understand that at all)
    4:the save system sucks. I save then go back and it has started me back before I made the save...is that right ?
    Overall, really enjoying. I thought the demo was shite all those months ago, but the game is not. I may have to try and source a manual as I feel I might be missing out on all the little nuances.
    Cheers for any feedback.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• RedSparrows 2 Aug 2009 15:40:24 22,215 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    1) Centre yourself with left stick, then use up/down on right stick to stab the troll. It's in Advanced Combat in the menu.
    2) No. Don't die. Soz!
    3) Depends on class. What are you? It's usually best to go down one path - MUCH later on you can get more points to spec the first bits of the other paths (so I have 10 (+5 on the Beserker Ruiner thing)-10-10-10 accross the top 4. But ignore that.
    4)Saves are tied to token sections - go to stats and you'll see the tokens you've got so far in a level. Saves take you back to the start of the most recent section.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Aug 2009 15:44:17 14,529 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cheers fella

• DUFFMAN5 6 Aug 2009 08:08:27 14,529 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just can't make my mind up about this game. I'm just about to start the last area, having spent around 11 hours in game and at level 23 champion. The endless repetition of bots coming at you makes the game very much a button masher, which I think I rather hoped it wasn't going to be. The death scene which I have witnessed an amazing number of times (not got THAT achievement yet) buy very near in fact is a total pain in the arse, just what were they thinking.
    You guys that are at a very high level, what keeps you playing ?
    Have SK confirmed the second game yet. I hope to god they make a lot of improvements. I will more than likely complete (as is my way) but don't know if I have the stomach for another run through.

• Xerx3s 6 Aug 2009 08:54:03 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The death scene is punishment for failing. Diablo did the same thing by spawning you back in town. They couldn't do that in TH for the obvious reasons so I reckon that this is their countermeasure.

That said, it drives me up the wall.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Aug 2009 08:50:17 14,529 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Completed. What a total pain in the arse the whole last section is. Overall boys not convinced with the game. I have looked on the game release sites for the next 12 months and can't see number 2...I'm I to assume there will be no second and indeed third due to the games poor showing?

• Phattso Moderator 8 Aug 2009 10:13:39 13,259 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Completed. What a total pain in the arse the whole last section is. Overall boys not convinced with the game. I have looked on the game release sites for the next 12 months and can't see number 2...I'm I to assume there will be no second and indeed third due to the games poor showing?

Second play through with the same character is where you'll reap your rewards. Collect some loot (you'll now be able to open all the secret areas in Cyberspace because you have all of the abilities) and you'll suddenly be an overpowered killing machine.

You can't "complete" this kind of game. They're not built to be played once. They're built to be run again and again getting better each time until you're a Level 50 character decked out in all the best gear who's drinking pain and shitting vengeance. Trust me. ;-)

My first play through was a disaster (I didn't know you had to repair armour - was getting plenty pissed at dying every five minutes as a result) but once it all clicked and I got some gear and spent some talent points, suddenly I was in loot grind nirvana. Sixty hours later I decided to move onto another character. :)

Try to coax someone into co-op if you can, too - that's where the game really shines.

And no - no sequels have been announced, nor do they seem likely, a fact we bemoan in this thread every dozen pages or so.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Aug 2009 10:41:48 14,529 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hi Phattso
    Cheers. It was meant to be a trilogy though, so have SK given any idea as to what/when or indeed if ?
    I will go through again, I'm level 27 (nearly 28) champion, did not manage to complete even one battle arena.
    Will keep the same character, and then maybe start a new game. I'm starting to replay, right after nearly every game I complete, it is so I can soak up the atmos more and relax in the knowledge I have "completed"
    I should really just move on to the next game,whatever it may be, like all of us I have loads of games as yet untouched or unfinished.
    Lastly do you chaps still play this on line then (co-op)

• Phattso Moderator 8 Aug 2009 11:08:09 13,259 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Silicon Knights have kept schtum on any sequels. My thinking was: they had the engine, they had the assets, in the very least they could churn out an expansion even if only over XBOX Live. But it's a year on now, and not even a rumbling, so I guess they moved onto something else (the title of which was recently leaked/discovered).

It's definitely worth doing at least one more play through with your main character - it'll be a lot quicker second time through, and a lot more fun as well. But it does need _you_ to grow, as well as your character. Better tactics, better control. String together combos more efficiently - it's a bit like a fighting game in that regard, your own skill plays a very large part in any success you might enjoy.

That is where it was better than most other loot grinding games for me: you needed some actual skill on the pad to not suck. ;)

A few in this thread still co-op. With a bit of planning ahead I'm sure someone could be tempted to come back for some more fun.
  • Agent_Llama 8 Aug 2009 11:41:27 3,353 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Game have this for a fiver at the moment, worth picking up?

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• agparrot 8 Aug 2009 11:42:34 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Agent_Llama wrote:
    Game have this for a fiver at the moment, worth picking up?

I would have to say yes at that price - in fact have been meaning to pick it up again myself, and that sounds like a bargain!
  • Xerx3s 8 Aug 2009 12:36:10 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I doubt that MS would be interested in doing another game. That said, if they do then there might be hope for a shadowrun sequel.

/dreams
  • ripsa 8 Aug 2009 14:08:58 288 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hmm thinking of picking this up. I seem to be getting alot more enjoyment out of games which have had mixed critic reviews but very good word of mouth (God Hand, Sacred 2) lately then hugely lauded games (BioShock, Halo 3)..
  • RedSparrows 8 Aug 2009 14:34:51 22,215 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Duffman - remember, if you don't like it, you just don't! Plenty of people don't like this game at all ;)
  • Xerx3s 8 Aug 2009 16:10:45 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's definitely not a game for all but I kinda liked it, even though it has some serious flaws. Most people who actually played it liked it but some don't.
  • Phattso Moderator 8 Aug 2009 16:11:44 13,259 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Generally anyone that bothers to finish it at least once will get something out of playing it again. The people that don't like it generally don't last half and hour. ;-)
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Aug 2009 16:49:52 14,529 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @redsparrows. You are right fella. I started my second run through this afternoon, died twice and though why the fook am I bothering, so loaded up Batman demo instead. I'm very stubborn and will complete almost (almost) all games even if they are not really engaging me!
    I have completed one run through and I think that will do me, having said that it is only worth pennies on a swap so will keep. I may return at some point in the future. While playing I did wonder whether I had been to quick to give Mass Effect the big E after only a few hours, I think it was the sci-fi setting that made me think of M.E.
    phattso, I did manage to get 16 hours in...after the half hour ;)

• Xerx3s 8 Aug 2009 20:19:01 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ME is awesome but it has it's flaws. Unlike TH however, it's a game any RPG fan should finish. Just for reference: It's one of the few story games that I played more than once and the only game this generation that I played through at least 6 times to see all the different outcomes.

I think that it's such a good game that I would even pick ME2 over Diablo 3, which says something considering that I'm still playing D2 today.
  • L_Franko Moderator 24 Aug 2009 11:06:24 9,694 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone know if this is still 5 in GAME?
    Keep hearing many different things about it I want to finally have a view of my own and at a fiver it seems like the right time to dive in.
  • agparrot 24 Aug 2009 12:06:52 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Anyone know if this is still 5 in GAME?
    Keep hearing many different things about it I want to finally have a view of my own and at a fiver it seems like the right time to dive in.

Seems so

Played this and liked it, even played some co-op with Larry which was a good laugh - adds a little something to it. Might pick it up again if you're getting it too. Maybe... so much to play!
  • L_Franko Moderator 24 Aug 2009 12:31:22 9,694 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes, I shall nip into GAME after work today I think.

I'm sure I'd be interested in trying out the co-op, Simp, so maybe a late night Friday thing when everyone else heads off to bed.
  • L_Franko Moderator 25 Aug 2009 09:29:54 9,694 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, I made a trek into town after work and bought this.
    I actually really enjoyed the game as I am a sucker for a hack n slash and the controls didn't bother me at all. I did try to flip the camera round with the right stick in the first couple of seconds play but once the action started it got used to it.
    I need to look in more on the upgrading of everything as I wasn't really sure what I was doing or if I was making the right choices to armour, weapons or skill improvements. Anyway, after an hour and 20 mins of play this is a good purchase for me and I look forward to getting more involved with this upgrading type stuff.
  • Xerx3s 25 Aug 2009 09:47:39 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Setting the cam to isometric (max overview) works best for me.
  • CosmicFuzz 2 Sep 2009 14:54:39 23,742 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    About an hour or so into this, have to say I'm quite enjoying it. Slowly getting the hang of combat, and it seems to be a pretty fun hack and slasher. Not sure if it will be able to maintain it throughout or if it'll get a bit repetitive but we'll see.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• Deleted user 2 September 2009 15:02:18
    You should concentrate on upgrading your armour and weapons, it's one of the strongest points of the game. And some armours do look so cool.
  • RedSparrows 2 Sep 2009 15:39:20 22,215 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did i mention I got my entire Zerker set? I am feking lethal.
  • Page

of 56 First / Last