LOVEFiLM - an utterly shit online renting experience? Page 3

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• HoriZon 11 Aug 2008 18:14:59 13,529 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I enjoy the service i get from LOVEFiLM i have had many DVD's from them and games for the last few years! they also run Amazon arm in this do they not?

;)

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• ghearoid 11 Aug 2008 18:16:14 2,295 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've used LoveFilm as few times. I only ever cancel because I get to the point where I've seen everything I want to see and that pile of unplayed games I've got isn't getting any lower!

Also, I find that if you cancel, then they give you lots of nice offers to try and lure you back. ;o)
  • FFS 11 Aug 2008 18:46:15 650 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    How odd.

I get 6-9 discs every week.

I have a voucher thing that gets you 3 months free if anyone wants the code - it gets me some free stuff as well (not sure), but it's no hassle so if someone wants it then PM me. You can easily cancel before they charge you.
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Aug 2008 18:56:39 23,869 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We've been with them ever since amazon switched to them. Can't fault them for anything really. Three films a month, super fast postage, job done.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• MrE26 11 Aug 2008 19:04:53 1,930 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've not had any real problems with them. I only really use them for hi-def stuff & their selection is great with super fast turnaround on titles.

I did have one incident a while back where i sent 2 discs back in the same envelope & they claimed 1 had been returned but not the other, but that was sorted by a quick email.
  • Vice.Destroyer 11 Aug 2008 19:29:33 5,827 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't usually open my junk mail, but I did get two free 2 month trials with Love film. If interested, send me a PM. It obviously goes without saying that they'll expect you to provide your bank details, so that after the free trial expires, you migrate to a live account.

Don't come moaning to me if you forgot to cancel. :)
  • 1Dgaf 11 Aug 2008 19:40:59 3,798 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been with Lovefilm for just over a year now.

15 a month games and film subscription. Two discs at home at any time.

They send you whatever they want to from your list - your chosen priority for a film doesn't seem to matter. It can take a long time to get a game.

I think of it as a kind of tombola - you never know what you're going to get, just that it's something you chose.

Bearing that in mind, I'm satisfied with the service. However I wouldn't recommend it to people that MUST see a DVD or play a game ASAP.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• Lexx87 15 Dec 2008 12:14:29 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got an email this morning that i've been holding Dead Space for too long and given a gentle reminder to send it back, even though there are no late fees and I don't have to. I'm on a free trial ending in Feb so i'm holding it until I have time to fucking play it :p

Speak the truth hussy!

• DFawkes 15 Dec 2008 12:17:07 22,796 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    Got an email this morning that i've been holding Dead Space for too long and given a gentle reminder to send it back, even though there are no late fees and I don't have to. I'm on a free trial ending in Feb so i'm holding it until I have time to fucking play it :p

Damn fucking right! Don't say you've got no late fees or return dates if you do. Though I have a feeling they might me making sure, in case you'd posted it and it'd got lost.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Lexx87 15 Dec 2008 12:18:23 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah it was just incase I forgot about it I think and a reminder to send it back...yet I know where it is and i'm hogging it until I get time to play it :p

Speak the truth hussy!

• markh 15 Dec 2008 12:20:51 3,598 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whilst on the subject of Lovefilm, I have 2 3 month trial codes that have been sent to me. If you want one, send me a PM :)
  • brockenheimer 31 Jan 2009 22:36:42 675 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can you get Blu-Rays on the same monthly packages as DVDs, ie. are they interchangeable, or do you have to be on a higher tariff?

Applies to Lovefilm and any other online rental service you'd like to recommend me :-)
  • Kostabi 31 Jan 2009 22:43:19 4,911 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blu-rays are included in the standard rental price.
  • brockenheimer 31 Jan 2009 22:44:39 675 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ta.
  • Kostabi 31 Jan 2009 22:45:58 4,911 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No problem, their selection of BR is more than decent too.
  • caligari 31 Jan 2009 22:48:22 17,024 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Check out Hotukdeals - I think there's a code for 3 months free with Tesco's Online DVD rental. It's run by Lovefilm too, so there's still a great selection.
  • espy 1 Feb 2009 04:22:02 840 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd still just like to torrent everything and then PayPal the corresponding studios a couple of Euros. I can't believe that a system developed and maintained by a bunch of nerds in their spare time surpasses everything the industry can offer in terms of efficiency, convenience, speed and simplicity. Ridiculous really.

I love nagging about this. Sorry.
  • bobmar360 1 Feb 2009 08:42:05 896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lovefilm is well good, the only bitch is weekends because the postie don't work on sunday otherwise we would get stuff posted to us more reguarly, as for blu-ras being included in the normal rental - i think that is ace, i watched a few blu-rays and Rambo is fucking mind-blowing in blu-ray, see the blood baby YEAH
  • monkeyspasm 17 May 2009 12:01:39 2,777 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just joined Tesco for 17.59.

Got a BD, DVD and Wii game with my first batch - impressed so far.

Used to be with Blockbuster who were ace service-wise but don't do games.

The amount of games I was playing for a month and then trading at a huge loss was annoying me, rental works well. I'd still buy stuff like FIFA and racing games for the replay value.

The kids all have DVD players, we have a PS3, 360 and Wii so 3 discs at once unlimited for 17.59 is a good deal for us - it costs us 40 a time to go to the cinema, I've got a projector and Blu Ray player at home so there's no need now!
  • Deleted user 17 May 2009 12:14:21
    You actually just joined Lovefilm. Sainsburys, sofa cinema, Lovefilm, Amazon etc are just lovefilm in disguise.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 17 May 2009 12:15:21 37,851 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We just go for the cheapest package. Does us nicely.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• monkeyspasm 17 May 2009 12:15:46 2,777 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ruggedtoast wrote:
    You actually just joined Lovefilm. Sainsburys, sofa cinema, Lovefilm, Amazon etc are just lovefilm in disguise.

I know. It says 'powered by Lovefilm' on the site.

Tesco are a quid cheaper though. Every little helps!
  • Deleted user 17 May 2009 12:23:55
    Theyre quite good now anyway. Luckily as theyve taken over everyone else.
  • monkeyspasm 17 May 2009 12:26:38 2,777 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aye, does what we need perfectly. I'm happy to get anything from my list. Was pleased to get a game, BD and DVD in my first lot.

Quite good for games you're not sure if you'd buy but fancy trying. I'll obviously keep games for longer than films, as I'd guess everyone does, it's great that you can get BD, DVD and games from the same place easily though.
  • Deleted user 17 May 2009 12:42:37
    monkeyspasm wrote:

Quite good for games you're not sure if you'd buy but fancy trying.

I have a wii so Ive never felt like that.
  • Darth_Flibble 17 May 2009 13:04:36 1,671 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    did have a problem with them a while ago but the customer service line was really good and they finally got rid of there terrible overseas email "support" dickheads.

Recently the service has been good
  • Retroid Moderator 17 May 2009 13:28:06 44,512 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is there any way to use LoveFilm etc. without a credit / bank card? A mate of mine has got himself a 360 and I'm trying to convince him to go the rental route instead of piracy, but he got himself fecked over with debts years ago and can't get a card....

(I'm not sure if he's utterly blocked from any bank card, but I know he'd prefer not to try to get another).
  • monkeyspasm 17 May 2009 14:32:03 2,777 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I used to download films, I'd rather watch a 'proper' Blu Ray than faff about downloading rips now.

And it wasn't sending a very good message to our kids, which I felt bad about.

Rental for most stuff, then buy the cream of the crop on BD. Sorted.
  • urban 21 Sep 2009 01:24:28 10,942 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    i just signed up to another lovely 90 day free trial, yum.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last