LOVEFiLM - an utterly shit online renting experience? Page 6

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• Deleted user 5 November 2010 10:56:04
    I've got The Force Unleashed 2 arriving today, should be finished by the weekend. Hopefully I'll get Fable 3 after.
  • mcmonkeyplc 5 Nov 2010 10:59:08 39,444 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ooooooo I'm gonna put force unleashed 2 in my que too. Good call batman.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• CosmicFuzz 5 Nov 2010 11:00:04 23,898 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Man I've had Mafia 2, Transformers and something else in my "high priority" list for ages but keep getting sent "medium" ones.

Ah well, I suppose as long as I don't put shit games on my list it's fine.

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• Lukey__b 5 Nov 2010 11:04:21 3,716 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This reminds me I need to end my membership.

The turn around can be really stupid sometimes, but the length I keep the same films is worse. I pay a tenner I think, to have a film sitting on the side for weeks that I watch half of and go 'This is shit' turn it off and send back. Then I get another film that waits for weeks...

I've actually got a faulty DVD in one of my collection boxes, so I think I'm gonna rent that and it 'get lost in mail' then end my subscription.

'Sup, what's guanine?

• Psychotext 5 Nov 2010 12:37:04 53,984 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm pretty fucking useless when it comes to sending films back. Those films I mentioned yesterday... or the day before? Still here.
  • Bremenacht 5 Nov 2010 12:45:47 17,852 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lukey__b wrote:
    This reminds me I need to end my membership.

The turn around can be really stupid sometimes, but the length I keep the same films is worse. I pay a tenner I think, to have a film sitting on the side for weeks that I watch half of and go 'This is shit' turn it off and send back. Then I get another film that waits for weeks...

I've actually got a faulty DVD in one of my collection boxes, so I think I'm gonna rent that and it 'get lost in mail' then end my subscription.
    I've got in the habit of only taking up their 3 months for the price of 1 offers. Much less to get the hump about, given the low cost. A three month splurge on games I've managed not to buy, and films I missed.
  • Razz 5 Nov 2010 12:47:54 61,091 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm loving the service so far. Got Dantes inferno on Wednesday, really enjoying it. I'm on the cheapest deal they have, 2 discs a month, 1 at a time. which is perfect for just renting games!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Syrette 5 Nov 2010 17:51:48 43,355 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Do Lovefilm tend to work on weekends?

• Bremenacht 5 Nov 2010 18:08:08 17,852 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not Sunday for sure. I've never had a status update on a Sunday. So, completely in line with Royal Mail really.
  • Syrette 6 Nov 2010 13:21:51 43,355 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Definitely around on Saturday then - status of 2 of my discs has changed to dispatching soon. Hopefully they'll actually dispatch today so I can get them on Monday.

Absolutely typical that it looks like I've got the entire weekend off but no Lovefilm titles to play until early next week.

• Venkman90 13 Nov 2010 21:03:00 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone having an issue with scratched discs? had to send a ton back this last 6 months as they were damaged (inc new ones like Avatar)...
  • Trowel 26 Nov 2010 19:33:47 17,682 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    On the verge of going clean - how is Lovefilm's streaming service? Range of films, quality of stream, etc.
  • Syrette 29 Jan 2011 20:59:22 43,355 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone had a disc go missing in the post? Is it any more hassle than simply sending a lost item report to the Royal Mail for Lovefilm to claim compensation on?

I notified Lovefilm that I've not taken delivery of a rented game and they got back to me asking me to fill in a P91 report claim when I get sent it by the Royal Mail.

I also got an additional email that was suggesting I change my delivery address, which isn't feasible.

This can happen on occasion, due to the nature of our service, so we
    work closely with Royal Mail to keep such incidents to a minimum. The
    loss of our stock Ė particularly expensive games discs Ė can have a
    major impact on the quality of service. So, for the benefit of all
    members, we must reduce such risks wherever possible:

Please provide us with an alternative address for your deliveries.

Your work address may be the most convenient and reliable, but please
    select an alternative address which most suits you. This will help your
    service to continue uninterrupted, and protect against any potential
    future losses.

I'm assuming that's just a suggestion to help avoid this happening again, as opposed to them forcing me to change delivery address? Which I understand would definitely be the case regardless if this happened more often.

• craigy Staff 7 Feb 2011 15:23:40 7,602 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Has anyone used the streaming service? Not the one via the PS3, but the website streaming option.

Just wondering what the stream quality is like. The free films are streamed at a really low bitrate (Elizabeth, for example), but I'm interested to know whether the bitrate/quality increases if you've got a subscription.
  • Tomo 7 Feb 2011 16:32:37 13,895 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's basically like watching iPlayer on standard quality. I wouldn't use it to impress friends at how AMAZING my AV setup is man, but it's perfectly good for watching in bed on a laptop or whatnot.
  • 1Dgaf 7 Feb 2011 16:48:25 3,801 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've watched one film on my laptop. As Tomo said it's OK, but nothing special. As to Trowel's question about the range of films, it's not brilliant. I've looked for a lot of titles now and I don't think any I've wanted has been there. Most of the time I just ended up browsing to see what's available.

I don't mind too much since I don't use the service for the streaming; I think of it as an added extra.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• richarddavies 21 Feb 2011 11:40:46 2,627 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is anyone having trouble with these in terms of how long you can wait to get something sent out? I was just looking at my list and I have games from the begining of October that they still haven't sent out. Nearly 5 months is a bit of a piss take to me.
  • Deleted user 21 February 2011 11:46:53
    Never had a problem with mine, they're very good with games and I normally get the ones I want straight away.
  • mcmonkeyplc 21 Feb 2011 11:50:51 39,444 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's shite and they have a cloaking device on all their discs.

:p

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Craig0702 21 Feb 2011 11:58:35 2,178 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    Is anyone having trouble with these in terms of how long you can wait to get something sent out? I was just looking at my list and I have games from the begining of October that they still haven't sent out. Nearly 5 months is a bit of a piss take to me.

If your list has a load on and you haven't marked these specific ones as priority then it's just pot luck I guess!
  • kalel 22 Feb 2011 11:58:04 87,120 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Would anyone have any idea why Crazy Heart still isnít available on Lovefilm? Itís been on my ďreservedĒ list for ages now but still hasnít actually been made available. Itís well old now!
  • andytheadequate 22 Feb 2011 13:17:26 8,133 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I signed up for a free trial. Quite like the idea of it. basically paying £3 every 2 weeks per game. Think I will keep it for a few months then cancel
  • bigshot316 22 Feb 2011 13:26:42 23,666 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Its perfect for playing games you quite fancy but would not usually buy. £10.35 for 4 games a Month is good if you ask me.

People saying it's hard to remember to post them back are clearly mongies :)
  • andytheadequate 22 Feb 2011 14:28:29 8,133 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I agree with bigshot.

I would go for a more expensive package but not sure I see the point. I only have limited gaming time so wouldn't be able to play any more than 2 new games a month.

I'll still buy a lot of xbox points though!
  • richarddavies 23 Feb 2011 14:54:58 2,627 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Urgghh. They've litearlly only sent ne DVD's for the past 6 weeks rather than any games. I got pissed off having nothing to play so I've bought 3 games this week for my 360. Just checked now and there sending out 3 games. Sods law.
  • Chimpus 23 Feb 2011 15:08:04 751 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Create a seperate list one for games one for dvds
  • woodnotes 23 Feb 2011 15:11:52 4,923 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Would anyone have any idea why Crazy Heart still isnít available on Lovefilm? Itís been on my ďreservedĒ list for ages now but still hasnít actually been made available. Itís well old now!
    The DVD is, but the Blu-Ray isn't because LoveFilm can't rent out 20th Century Fox Blu-Rays anymore.
  • Syrette 5 Mar 2011 14:34:14 43,355 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The beauty of Lovefilm and the like is the no late fees.

I'm currently really busy with work and have hardly touched any games recently aside from the odd game of FIFA but I know I've got a couple of titles waiting for me to play them when I've got the time.

Compare this to renting from the high street and finding myself under pressure to rush through the titles in order to get them back in time.

• Page

of 7 First / Last