• RedSparrows 29 Sep 2011 14:08:15 24,154 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wow, sage advice in here...
  • localnotail 29 Sep 2011 14:11:54 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    o_O

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Psychotext 29 Sep 2011 14:12:21 55,030 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    EG is full of arseholes... you should not be surprised at this stage.
  • localnotail 29 Sep 2011 14:14:11 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh I know that, generally. It was just the specific source that caught me off guard.

• RetardStrong 29 Sep 2011 19:17:36 3,229 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hate doing this but I just need to vent for a bit. So I just got a call at work from my dad that my mother is in the emergency room. Apparently she suddenly lost the use of her left arm and leg. They can't say anything conclusive atm but I'm pretty sure the cancer is back.

I just got back from there and as usual she's putting on a brave face. Asking me why I left work earlier and that I should just go and eat something.

I know there are a lot of people I can call now but for some reason I don't feel like bothering anyone. (except you people :p )

• morriss 29 Sep 2011 19:20:20 71,286 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I hate the verb sage. It's a fucking noun.

/irrelevant rant over
  • CosmicFuzz 29 Sep 2011 21:11:16 25,563 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RetardStrong wrote:
    I hate doing this but I just need to vent for a bit. So I just got a call at work from my dad that my mother is in the emergency room. Apparently she suddenly lost the use of her left arm and leg. They can't say anything conclusive atm but I'm pretty sure the cancer is back.

I just got back from there and as usual she's putting on a brave face. Asking me why I left work earlier and that I should just go and eat something.

I know there are a lot of people I can call now but for some reason I don't feel like bothering anyone. (except you people :p )

That sucks dude :( ironically there's no need to be lonely in this thread, we're all here!

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• CosmicFuzz 29 Sep 2011 21:12:49 25,563 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also to be emo, I'm going through a rough patch with my gf. She's not sure if she feels the same way anymore, and tbh neither do I. Don't really know what to do, kind of feel like I should've tried harder at it all.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• Psychotext 29 Sep 2011 21:14:26 55,030 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really sorry to hear that RS. Give her a big hug from EuroGamer.
  • Deleted user 29 September 2011 21:16:57
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Also to be emo, I'm going through a rough patch with my gf. She's not sure if she feels the same way anymore, and tbh neither do I. Don't really know what to do, kind of feel like I should've tried harder at it all.

FHUTA
  • RetardStrong 29 Sep 2011 22:11:02 3,229 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks people. Just sitting here drinking which probably is not a good idea but I don't know what else to do.
  • jablonski 1 Oct 2011 10:32:35 4,835 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RetardStrong wrote:
    Thanks people. Just sitting here drinking which probably is not a good idea but I don't know what else to do.

Sorry to hear that mate
  • localnotail 1 Oct 2011 10:46:19 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh no. Missed this. Any more news RetardStrong? Drinking not such a good idea because it will make you dwell. But understandable. *internet hug*

• Lukus 1 Oct 2011 11:10:09 19,458 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    morriss wrote:

/irrelevant rant over

Wizard rant Morriss.

Paintings & Photographs

• RetardStrong 1 Oct 2011 12:19:22 3,229 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, it appears it was a minor stroke not cancer. Still sucks because she'll have to spend the next month or so in hospital recovering and learning to use her arm and leg again.

I only live 5 minutes away from the hospital so I'll try and visit her as often as possible.

She's already complaining so I'll take that as a good sign :)

• reddevil93 1 Oct 2011 12:23:38 12,060 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Toonster wrote:
    Hey guys, emo blog post is imminent. Didn't know where to put this, so I guessed here will be fine.

I'm about to break up with my gf of 20 months. We talked earlier this evening (or last night, for those on the other side of the pond), and I basically said I don't feel for her the way I used to, so now I suppose it's a matter of finishing off the job, which I'll do in the next couple days. She's trying so hard to reason with all of this and make it seem like everything will be OK, but it just breaks my heart. She's not a bad person, it's just I want to move on. I'm really sad I'll have to do this, and I do tear up at thought that we may never kiss/sleep/shag again, but it'll be good in the long term... I hope.

It's just that now she's sending texts saying that if this happens, she doesn't know if she'll be able to graduate. She's clearly threatening me into staying with her, although she denies it.

Anyway, there's an emotional dump for the lot of ye. I may be the one breaking up with her, but I still feel lonely :(
    Broke up with my girlfriend of 22 months at the start of September. Completely know what you're on about in terms of not wanting to hurt someone you care about but still feeling it's for the best. We've stayed fairly good friends though since which has made things better but sometimes I feel it's unfair on her if she still has hopes of us getting back together.

• dufftownallan 1 Oct 2011 13:42:28 4,725 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RetardStrong wrote:
    Yeah, it appears it was a minor stroke not cancer. Still sucks because she'll have to spend the next month or so in hospital recovering and learning to use her arm and leg again.

I only live 5 minutes away from the hospital so I'll try and visit her as often as possible.

She's already complaining so I'll take that as a good sign :)

When I read your previous post I did think it sounded a wee bit like a stroke. I volunteer for a charity called Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland, the english equivalent is here (I'm not sure where you live, this is an assumption). The only reason I bring it up is because a stroke affects people in different ways and they are a good resource for help, advice and information.

Your mum sounds like a tough quine, sounds like she wouldn't readily accept much help but it's a good resource for you and your family anyway, I hope it was mild and I hope you all manage to get through it all, seems to me that she's lucky to have a good son! If you want any help at all don't be scared to gies a shout.

Toonster: shite times but you should NEVER live your life for someone else, that way sadness lies. Good luck with the split tho, horrible messy things that they are.
  • Futaba 1 Oct 2011 14:04:55 3,538 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Best wishes to your mother, RetardStrong.

morriss wrote:

/irrelevant rant over

I thought it was being used as an adjective there...

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• RetardStrong 2 Oct 2011 00:14:38 3,229 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks again everyone. Nice to know I have some place to vent :)
  • Ziz0u 11 Oct 2012 09:59:28 8,647 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My girlfriend just left for London for a month :( Not the first time in our 5 year relationship that she has gone on an extended business trip (1 week business, 3 weeks visiting with her sister), but I'm sickly at the moment and feeling especially down this time. :(

Hold me.
  • sport 11 Oct 2012 10:08:17 12,808 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    My girlfriend just left for London for a month :( Not the first time in our 5 year relationship that she has gone on an extended business trip (1 week business, 3 weeks visiting with her sister), but I'm sickly at the moment and feeling especially down this time. :(

Hold me.
    Don't worry mate, we'll take care of her.

MWWWAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Seriously though, cherish this me-time my friend.
  • Ziz0u 11 Oct 2012 10:13:18 8,647 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @sport

Don't worry mate, we'll take care of her.
    Saw that coming, but I am glad you can give her some Saffa loving at least so she doesn't feel too homesick. :)

I know I'll survive, and when I get home to some uninterrupted gaming time I will feel much better.
  • sport 11 Oct 2012 10:20:42 12,808 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ZizouFC - I'll spoil her lekker, my China!

Use this month to bang out some P90X so when she gets back you'll be all buff and ready.
  • Tonka 11 Oct 2012 10:23:12 21,330 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cheese and boxers for you for a full month!?
    You lucky sonofabitch

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Ziz0u 11 Oct 2012 10:29:49 8,647 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    sport wrote:
    @ZizouFC - I'll spoil her lekker, my China!

Use this month to bang out some P90X so when she gets back you'll be all buff and ready.
    Kief my ou!

Good idea. Definitely going for a run today. Really nice weather at the moment.
  • THFourteen 11 Oct 2012 10:32:25 34,451 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The dude who works with me is on holiday for two days so I've turned into desk side support

Now THAT'S lonely.
  • Load_2.0 11 Oct 2012 10:40:12 19,652 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This would explain why I am not married but the idea of a week off from any of my ex's would have been a heavenly week of steak eating and wanking.
  • Ziz0u 11 Oct 2012 10:43:47 8,647 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, the first week might be quite pleasent actually, but there's only so much wanking and gaming I can do.

Plus I'm a shit cook!

Time to man up.
  • mcmonkeyplc 11 Oct 2012 10:51:20 39,559 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm nearly 30 and haven't had a girlfriend for 8 years. I win.

/wank

Come and get it cumslingers!

• sport 11 Oct 2012 11:04:53 12,808 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Yeah, the first week might be quite pleasent actually, but there's only so much wanking and gaming I can do.

Plus I'm a shit cook!

Time to man up.
    You're in Parkdrive? Is Parkgate Cafe still around the corner from Kine Park? They did amazing footlong hotdogs - buy 30 and you're sorted.
  • Page

of 133 First / Last