So what've you got on your backlog?

  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

    Previous
  • matrim83 15 Feb 2006 18:36:47 5,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In gaming I've got Neverwinter nights and its expansions. I've been meaning to play it but first Onimusha then Fahrenheit and now Quake got in the way.

    In movies I've got Choclate factory and Rashomon, both that I borrowed from a friend about a week or so ago and still haven't got around to watching them.

    In books, Thomas Covenant which I read about seventy pages of and then gave up to read Song of ice and fire.

    Except for Thomas Covenant most of the rest I'll enjoy. I just wish I never started it.

    Edited by matrim83 at 18:38:05 15-02-2006

    Valar morghulis.

  • Deleted user 15 February 2006 18:37:41
    matrim83 wrote:
    In gaming I've got Neverwinter nights and its expansions. I've been meaning to play it but first Onimusha then Fahrenheit and now Quake got in the way.

    In movies I've got Choclate factory and Rashomon, both that I borrowed from a friend about a week or so ago and still haven't got around to watching them.

    In books, Thomas Covenant which I read about seventy pages of and then gave up to read Song of ice and fire.

    Except for Thomas Covenant most of it I'll enjoy. I just wish I never started it.

    Heresy!!! Thomas Covenant is a fooking great read.
  • Raid 15 Feb 2006 18:39:24 980 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Games I've still got Res Evil 4, CoD2, Fallout 1, Battlestar Galactica and Mario Sunshine (second play through) to complete. To start I have Jade Empire and Fallout 2.

    And yet I'll still buy new 360 games when they come out.
  • matrim83 15 Feb 2006 18:39:29 5,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh c'mon its completly crap (what I've read, which isn't much I'll admit).

    Valar morghulis.

  • HarryB 15 Feb 2006 18:40:32 6,171 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    far cry instincts
    BLACK
    beyond good and evil
    burnout 4
  • matrim83 15 Feb 2006 18:44:44 5,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    Condemned
    COD2
    PD0
    Tiger Woods
    Ghost Recon 2 / SS
    Halo 1/2
    Rainbow 6 3/Black Arrow
    Splinter Cell/PT/CT
    Trackmania
    Rome: Total War

    And Q4 should be on my doorstep any day soon, then its March and the 360 release schedule goes crazy. I think I should leave my job.

    Some grade A stuff in there. I kinda envy you, esp. if you are going to play them for the first time.

    Valar morghulis.

  • Deleted user 15 February 2006 18:45:08
    Games currently in progress and with no motivation to finish/continue:

    (deep breath)

    VTM: Bloodlines
    All the C&C games
    Various unfinished Civ 2 games
    Total Annihilation
    FFVII
    FFVIII
    Pirates
    AoE3
    Grim Fandango
    UT2K4
    Police Quest: SWAT
    Realms of the Haunting
    AvP2
    Locomotion

    Games not yet started, but recently purchased:

    Privateer 2
    Messiah
    Giants
    Z
    Return to Zork
    Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
    Republic: The Revolution
    Syndicate Wars
  • Deleted user 15 February 2006 18:47:55
    matrim83 wrote:
    Oh c'mon its completly crap (what I've read, which isn't much I'll admit).

    I'm torn between my desire to convert you or kill you...

    Hmmm...

    hmmm...

    What to do...

    Which one are you reading? You have to give the first book in each trilogy (well, okay, the third series is actually a quadrilogy) a few hundred pages before you're totally and utterly hooked forever.

    Some of the best books I've ever read, and definitely the best English you'll ever find!!! You know, in America, they actually teach courses in his writing styles and techniques... He's that good.

    P.S. I know what you mean though, the first 100 pages can be like molasses.
  • StixxUK 15 Feb 2006 18:47:59 7,244 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll include in my backlog stuff that I've started and then put on pause...

    Games:

    Simcity 4
    Vampire:Bloodlines
    WoW (really got to find the time for this because not playing it is costing me value for money!)
    Wipeout Pure
    Quantum Redshift
    Ridge Racers
    Lumines
    Disgaea
    Pikmin
    ZeldaOoT: Master Quest
    Mario Sunshine
    Metroid Prime 2
    Fire Emblem
    Metroid Fusion
    Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
    Viewtiful Joe
    Project Gotham Racing 2

    Films:

    Family Guy Movie

    Books:

    The Drawing of the Three (Stephen King)
    Moby Dick
  • rauper Staff 15 Feb 2006 18:50:26 3,310 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Games I have but haven't opened or played yet:

    Fahrenheit
    Psychonauts
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Super Monkey Ball Touch and Roll, Rub Rabbits (waiting for DS lite before I buy a DS)
    Far Cry Instincts

    I just need about 2 more hours per day and I'll get round to playing them!!!
  • Deleted user 15 February 2006 18:52:54
    rauper wrote:
    Psychonauts

    EG in Game of Year not played shock! :o
  • rauper Staff 15 Feb 2006 18:54:13 3,310 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Innit. Hardly ever get time to play stuff properly since I started a gaming business. Gutted.
  • sam_spade 15 Feb 2006 18:54:44 15,745 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Too many books.
  • Deleted user 15 February 2006 18:57:02
    Ooo, books. Forgot to mention books.

    Most of the Dan Brown books (although Da Vinci code was utterly awful, I'm quite enjoying Deception Point)
    The Tesseract
    American Gods
    Lunar Park
    Easy Rider, Raging Bulls
    Fatherland
    Eagle has Landed

    Aaand, movies:

    Um..nothing really, need to finally get around to watching Machinist. That's about it.
  • Kay 15 Feb 2006 18:58:44 17,812 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Loads of PC games I've still got to play, though the main ones are:

    Far Cry
    Prince of Persia SOT
    Vampire: Bloodlines
    Deus Ex
    Trackmania Sunrise

    Unfortunately I don't get much time on the PC these days, so it'll be a good while before I get a chance to play them. I prefer quick sessions on handheld games at the moment.

    K
  • matrim83 15 Feb 2006 19:33:48 5,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:

    Some of the best books I've ever read, and definitely the best English you'll ever find!!! You know, in America, they actually teach courses in his writing styles and techniques... He's that good.


    No wonder that place has gone down the drain. :)

    Actually its not his writing style that I dislike the most. The characters seem pretty one dimensional. Thomas himself is either always angry (for no apparent reason) or just whiny. The rest of the cast could be lifted from any other average schlop movie/book.

    Like I said I got almost a hundred pages in and not too many interesting things are happening.

    The only reason I'm willing to give it a go is because I felt the same when reading MS&T but that turned out pretty well.

    BTW its Lord Fouls Bane I'm reading.

    Valar morghulis.

  • sam_spade 15 Feb 2006 19:36:35 15,745 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Save yourself the bother with Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, watch the first 10 mins and then the last 10 mins - all character progression and plot takes place in those parts.
  • Deleted user 15 February 2006 19:48:38
    matrim83 wrote:
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:

    Some of the best books I've ever read, and definitely the best English you'll ever find!!! You know, in America, they actually teach courses in his writing styles and techniques... He's that good.


    No wonder that place has gone down the drain. :)

    Actually its not his writing style that I dislike the most. The characters seem pretty one dimensional. Thomas himself is either always angry (for no apparent reason) or just whiny. The rest of the cast could be lifted from any other average schlop movie/book.

    Like I said I got almost a hundred pages in and not too many interesting things are happening.

    The only reason I'm willing to give it a go is because I felt the same when reading MS&T but that turned out pretty well.

    BTW its Lord Fouls Bane I'm reading.

    Fair enough buddy. You're wrong though, just for the record. If you finish the trilogy you'll know what I mean, but I understand the intimdation. You might find the Fool series (by Robin Hobb) easier to read! Enjoy.
  • Deleted user 15 February 2006 19:49:22
    He can't be wrong about an opinion.
  • Deleted user 15 February 2006 20:02:32
    Gremmi wrote:
    He can't be wrong about an opinion.

    Actually I strongly (but not vehemently, ;-) ) disagree there. The opinion is valid since it is his, but the conclusion is invalid since it is based on 100 pages of the first book.

    The characters seem pretty one-dimensional. Thomas himself is either always angry (for no apparent reason) or just whiny. The rest of the cast could be lifted from any other average schlop movie/book.
    Like I said I got almost a hundred pages in and not too many interesting things are happening.

    Covenant does not even get to "The Land" until page 49 for the record. A little too early to say that he is always angry for some reason, and the fact that you have not even met a tenth of the characters in the books, (especially the Giants, the Ravers and the Haruchai) means that this opinion has not had enough time to gestate.

    If this were a computer game review, we would all be bristling at the fact that the reviewer had played half an hour of Shadow of the Collosus (for example), and then decided that it was pants...

    Now are we gonna agree to disagree, or shall I go get my fire-fighting gear?
  • Megapocalypse 15 Feb 2006 20:07:52 5,383 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Currently playing:

    Magna Carta
    EQ2
    Mario Kart DS

    Games on hold:

    Project Zero
    Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
    Xenosaga II
    Call of Duty II
    Sonic Rush
    Castlevania DS (might play on train tomorrow)
    Advanced Wars DS

    Games not started:

    Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
  • tengu 8 May 2007 19:54:54 10,294 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Furbs 14 Jun 2007 22:45:51 45,699 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Condemned
    COD2
    PD0
    Tiger Woods
    Ghost Recon 2 / SS
    Halo 1/2
    Rainbow 6 3/Black Arrow
    Splinter Cell/PT/CT
    Trackmania
    Rome: Total War

    And Q4 should be on my doorstep any day soon, then its March and the 360 release schedule goes crazy. I think I should leave my job.
  • Furbs 14 Jun 2007 22:45:51 45,699 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    matrim83 wrote:
    Some grade A stuff in there. I kinda envy you, esp. if you are going to play them for the first time.
    Yup, all first time run throughs. A couple (Halo and original SC) I've had since I bought my XBox 4 years ago, looked at the first level and cast aside. 360 BC mode has made me buy more Xbox games in a short period of time than I ever did for the Xbox1 :p

    Edited by Furbs at 18:48:15 15-02-2006
  • Furbs 14 Jun 2007 22:45:51 45,699 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hold on. Games review website owner says "I cant find enough time to play games"? Maybe you're doing something wrong? I mean, look at what your staff are doing. You do realise you're paying them to play games right?

    Edited by Furbs at 18:53:10 15-02-2006
  • mrpon 6 Jan 2010 09:41:47 28,744 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've got this backlog thread to update, then this and then finally this.

    Oh and not forgetting this one as well.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • matrim83 6 Jan 2010 21:39:23 5,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not much right now. Absolutely nothing gaming wise. Started reading Hyperion and have The Black company waiting after that. Got BSG in TV shows. And thats it.

    Oh and a ton of films.

    Valar morghulis.

  • WinterSnowblind 6 Jan 2010 21:56:35 1,228 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Boy and his Blob
    Broken Sword (on the Wii)
    Crisis Core
    Half-Minute Hero
    Prototype

    Pretty much put everything on hold because I've been trying to play through Mass Effect again before the sequel. Having certain achievements unlocks things for it, but they're such a damn pain to get. I'd nominate it for game with the least fun achievements ever.
  • Sharks 6 Jan 2010 21:58:57 5,136 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    GTA IV
    Endless Ocean (started, enjoyed it a lot, but never took the notion to play it since oddly)
    Gears of War (played a bit from the beginning, didn't like)
    Gear of War 2 (no point playing this therefore)
    Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
    Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new World
  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply