Shadow of Colossus PAL

• Page

of 22 First / Last

Previous
  • fBb 15 Feb 2006 13:47:35 9 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, I got my copy this morning and figured people might be interested in the box art and stuff. Unfortunately, my camera is not the best in the world so the quality of these pictures are not too great.

It's worth noting that the entire game box is made of cardboard, which is odd, but it does have lots of pretty pictures printed on them both in the front, back, and inside. Finally, the postcards look a lot better in real life, they are a high quality print and the contrast in colours is great too.

http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture178tw.jpg
    http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture180ms.jpg
    http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture191ah.jpg
  • York 15 Feb 2006 13:49:06 8,667 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any way of ensuring that the copy you get is the card boxed version? Play.com only have one listing.
  • Blerk Moderator 15 Feb 2006 13:50:35 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    York wrote:
    Any way of ensuring that the copy you get is the card boxed version? Play.com only have one listing.
    There is only one version.
  • itamae 15 Feb 2006 13:51:49 9,893 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Very nice, the art cards don't seem to have a Sony logo this time. Bugger, now I'm tempted to buy a second copy just for the cards :-(
  • JamFDUK 15 Feb 2006 13:52:23 262 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looking pretty nice. I NEED A COPY *NOW*
  • York 15 Feb 2006 13:53:44 8,667 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    York wrote:
    There is only one version.
    *order-order-order-order*
  • Bazlurgan 15 Feb 2006 13:58:44 25 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have you got any confirmation as to whether the PAL release supports progressive scan????

I seem to have received mixed reports.

Your damn lucky... I have to wait another couple of days!
  • Deleted user 15 February 2006 14:01:36
    Not flame-bating here, but does anyone really make any practical use of the cards? Do they frame them, or take them out and look at them once in a while? Or are people getting excited about it purely for the satisfaction of opening it up, taking everything out and looking it for the first time after they buy it?

I ask because a) it's not like the contents of the art cards have been kept secret at all and b) I've had ICO with all the art cards for years and I think the only reason I'm hanging onto it is for posterity. It's not even going to be worth anything on eBay soon.

I just wondered, genuinely.
  • Blerk Moderator 15 Feb 2006 14:06:11 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bazlurgan wrote:
    Have you got any confirmation as to whether the PAL release supports progressive scan????
    The demo version does 60hz, widescreen and prog scan. I imagine the full release will be identical.
  • Bazlurgan 15 Feb 2006 14:09:34 25 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Bazlurgan wrote:
    The demo version does 60hz, widescreen and prog scan. I imagine the full release will be identical.

Hurrah!!!!
    Do you select this from a menu, or do you have to do a stupid XY type button press as the PS2 boots up?

This will be my first PAL Progressive scan game, Looking forward to how this looks on my LCD :)
  • Lutz 15 Feb 2006 14:11:49 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Question: Gameplay wise, how similar are ICO and SotC?
  • Blerk Moderator 15 Feb 2006 14:12:16 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bazlurgan wrote:
    Do you select this from a menu, or do you have to do a stupid XY type button press as the PS2 boots up?
    From the menu. A nice big menu, full of lots and lots of lovely options.
  • Blerk Moderator 15 Feb 2006 14:12:29 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Lutz wrote:
    Totally and utterly different.
  • Huntcjna 15 Feb 2006 14:13:05 13,877 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Contol wise very.

Gameplay wise not so much SotC is more action packed and much more satisfying.
  • Lutz 15 Feb 2006 14:39:17 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Lutz wrote:
    Totally and utterly different.
    Good.

/didn't like Ico.
  • Flightrisker 15 Feb 2006 14:40:52 18,138 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    fBb wrote:
    Well, I got my copy...

Thanks for the pics man, looks awesome. Can't wait till Friday!
  • Blerk Moderator 15 Feb 2006 14:47:51 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Lutz wrote:
    Good.

/didn't like Ico.
    Freak! :-)
  • semprini 15 Feb 2006 15:04:29 3,144 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nice.

Thanks for uploading the pics fBb

Going to buy this on saturday :-)
  • Blerk Moderator 15 Feb 2006 15:09:42 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I hope that big OPSM2 sticker comes off!
  • boo 15 Feb 2006 15:13:13 11,896 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Going to buy this first thing on Friday.

Then weep.

We still haven't managed to get a new telly, the 20 year old portable we're using won't work with any of my consoles and we might be forced to buy a plasma screen.
    But if we do, we can't afford to get it for at least another month.

/wails

Just Another Lego Blog

• boo 15 Feb 2006 15:14:47 11,896 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lutz wrote:
    /didn't like Ico.

Burn the heretic!

Just Another Lego Blog

• fBb 15 Feb 2006 15:24:23 9 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just to confirm, the game is 50/60 hz, and does indeed have Progressive Scan.

I have a acient telly too, so I've no idea what difference progressive scan makes :( .

Oh, I forgot to mention there's also a "Bonus" option in the menu, I haven't browsed through it yet, but I'm going to assume that that's where the documentary and stuff is.

Edited by fBb at 15:26:20 15-02-2006
  • Concept 15 Feb 2006 15:30:15 99 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    I personally think Colossus really suffers at 480p (at least on non-native resolution HDTVs), as the pixelation of the background scenary becomes far more apparent. People will probably disagree with me, but I think it actually looks better through RGB on CRT.
  • mattman 15 Feb 2006 15:40:44 378 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    fBb wrote:
    Oh, I forgot to mention there's also a "Bonus" option in the menu, I haven't browsed through it yet, but I'm going to assume that that's where the documentary and stuff is.

There's a decent, though not extensive Making of with developer interviews and an Ico trailer.

And yes, Blerk, the sticker comes off just fine. :-)

Edit: Forgot to mention there's also a rather large Gallery section with a fine selection of pictures of the game's best moments.

Edited by mattman at 15:52:58 15-02-2006
  • Fuze 15 Feb 2006 17:11:56 139 posts
    Registered 9 years ago
    cool im sure this game will grow in price with age just like ICO.
  • mattman 15 Feb 2006 17:45:43 378 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fuze wrote:

Go for stocks if you're in it for the money and buy games for the love of it! I still own my beloved limited edition copy of Ico but couldn't be and never will be arsed to sell it. Not that I am against people buying several copies of the game, as it can only do good for future undertakings of that kind, but frankly, games are there to be enjoyed, not to be traded or shown off in days to come.

@dravenclarke: Official UK release is the 17th, which would be Friday. Same holds for the Ico re-issue.
  • Trowel 15 Feb 2006 20:20:17 18,016 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mattman wrote:
    Fuze wrote:

Go for stocks if you're in it for the money and buy games for the love of it! I still own my beloved limited edition copy of Ico but couldn't be and never will be arsed to sell it. Not that I am against people buying several copies of the game, as it can only do good for future undertakings of that kind, but frankly, games are there to be enjoyed, not to be traded or shown off in days to come.

I've always been a bit puzzled as to why people would buy a game for 40 and keep it sealed purely on the off-chance that it'll sell for 50 in 2 or 3 years time. Whats that, just over 7% growth p.a.?

By all means buy a game to love for the content and play to death, then if it turns out to be worth a bit when you've moved on that's one thing. But it's hardly worth buying games purely for future eBaying.

Now, let me teach you all about the marvelous returns you could potentially achieve with unit trusts...
    /snooze
  • Page

of 22 First / Last

Previous