We Love Katamari . . . countdown Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • mal 7 Feb 2006 17:53:37 22,339 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I can have a moan about Amazon if you like?

When they used to use Royal Mail, their Supersaver deliveries often only used to take a couple of days. Now they use some other crap servcie, even though they sent out the game on Friday, it's still not here. I think I'll be switching most of my purchases over to Play, even if they reportedly can't hit a release date.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Artemus 8 Feb 2006 23:51:04 1,007 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can't do that level where you have to roll up the sun. Are my planets too small?
  • EddieBear 9 Feb 2006 00:04:28 560 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its more likely that you haven't got enough planets yet. The game forces you to do that mission early on even though its impossible to do. You can come back to it later on. If you still can't do it then you need to keep on doing the regular missions so you can amass enough planets.
  • Artemus 9 Feb 2006 00:09:26 1,007 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No new missions are showing up though. I have planets for all of them I think. I collected like 350 stars and planets and still burned out.
  • EddieBear 9 Feb 2006 00:30:07 560 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really? Thats seems odd. I don't think its a matter of how many 'celestial bodies' you have though, its more to do with the size of your katamari, so more planets = better chance of rolling up the sun.

• christourlord 9 Feb 2006 00:37:46 2,498 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm pretty sure the King said something about being ready for the dog stage (the roll up the sun one) as soon as I had enough mass in my cosmos to complete it.

Try going back over the stages to get higher scores / bigger katamaris.
  • Artemus 9 Feb 2006 00:43:26 1,007 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yep I missed a mission by mistake. Done it now.
  • Feanor 9 Feb 2006 15:01:37 14,058 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted
  • GrayFox 9 Feb 2006 18:01:56 1,698 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finally got it today. I'm beat, played it 6 hours straight.

It's a good game, maybe not a "Oh God, everyone should get it now! It's a moon on a stick!", but good indeed.

It's not as relaxing as I thought it would be. Time limits give a bit of stress as always. I also found that some missions are quite hard and others so easy that it doesn't compare. Controls aren't perfect, bit slugish IMHO, also and a real flaw is the 180 degree turn by clicking down L3 and R3 - why make it so hard? There are so many unused buttons on a controller. Geez. I didn't expect the game to be so goal oriented actually, but it's a good thing, it will last longer then your usual quirky game. The King is as iritating as funny sometimes. Music is great, and I found the cutscenes highly amusing!

So, I'm not sure the game is worth full 30quid, half of that would be perfect.

So, fun colorfull and quite challenging game.
  • PepsiMax 9 Feb 2006 19:02:08 604 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yeah, its more difficult than I thought it would be - I can't get the one where you have to light the campfire, my katamari keeps going out.

It is probably the first game ever top actually make me LOL, so thats gotta mean something.

I know its all been said befoe, but I just love the quirkiness - rolling up an octopus followed by a cat with a snorkel on followed by a AAA battery followed by a recorder in someones back garden, whilst being followed around by a squareish chicken. All for no apparent reason. Absolutley brilliant.
  • GrayFox 9 Feb 2006 19:30:24 1,698 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also does anyone else find the kings "flaming" after finished level, utterly annoying?

I mean if you don't do uber high score the kings just laughs you off or verbally spits at you. The king and the brat that gave the mission. "Katamari is so borring", "Everyone is dissapointed", "You are the slowest..." , "Wow this is gigantic, like in gigantic in the smallest world ever." Mostly he says "You're shit, loser" in many ironic ways.

Doesn't this game should make me feel good and not laugh me off? I mean if I took it seriously I would feel bad. Like in that mission where you have to roll origami for a sick friend to make her feel better. That's nice but when you roll 780 origami, the king says "Only 780? With that she'll never get better!" O_O WTF?

You really have to train hard to make high enough score(7 addepts are often not enough) to please the King and frankly the turd doesn't deserve it.

Edited by GrayFox at 19:31:36 09-02-2006

Edited by GrayFox at 20:46:56 09-02-2006
  • oneiros 9 Feb 2006 19:59:06 1,877 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd agree with the above comments; pretty good, but hardly the second coming. I too find the controls a little clumsy (and have 180'd by accident more times than is healthy) and find myself wanting to skip all the King's comments to get back to playing.

So far, I'm finding most of the missions fairly easy to clear - getting Great or Super Clears though; that's gonna be damn hard. Not collected many Cousins or Presents yet either...
  • webcider 10 Feb 2006 09:46:49 36 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One of the best innovative games to the ps2..

I am so disappointed to be a European because we don't get games.

We get the most licensed stuff and the most used garbage.

We sure are lucky to live in a United Union :)

I hope the people in europe sometime or maybe some day realise they really don't like games they only like to play football and drive in cars. but they really don't like games :)
  • eviltobz  10 Feb 2006 10:25:00 2,609 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    i've yet to play we heart (tis on route from amazon), but the king was always a sarky bugger in damacy too. and i loved him for it :) it's part of the humour of the game, it's not meant to be taken seriously. the king is a grade A wanker, that's the point.
  • Stormflood_UK 10 Feb 2006 10:30:50 150 posts
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm watching a few copies on ebay, should have one in a week. Can't wait.

• Daryoon 10 Feb 2006 17:50:06 4,602 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    People are complaining that the King is harsh?

...o_O

That's the whole point. It's supposed to be funny!
  • tengu 8 May 2007 19:54:54 10,294 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 22 May 2007 14:49:57
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Roddles 8 Mar 2014 10:19:02 1,769 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Artemus wrote:
    Can't do that level where you have to roll up the sun. Are my planets too small?
    Paging Innuendobot!
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next