We Love Katamari . . . countdown Page 3

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• GrayFox 3 Feb 2006 22:00:47 1,698 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have you ever made snowman? You roll a little snowball until it gets bigger and bigger. The same is here apart you don't roll on a snow but on everything. EVERYTHING. From small junk, to bulidings and clouds, and everything. Watched gamespot video review. It's crazy.

Edited by GrayFox at 22:07:42 03-02-2006
  • Bertie Senior Staff Writer, Eurogamer.net 3 Feb 2006 22:03:08 1,751 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm so damn tempted to buy a PS2 to play this and a few other chestnuts. Sharpkiddie (Mark) bangs on and on and on about it, and well, any game that promotes people to dress up MUST be good.

(Not to mention Tom's harping on about it)
  • HitchHiker 3 Feb 2006 22:07:40 2,777 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You just know it's going to hit the second hand bin pretty quickly, all those chav's just won't GET it and will bin it sooner than give it a real try . . .

Having said that, I have no idea what this game plays like so thats why I'm waiting for the above to happen.

HH.
  • PepsiMax 3 Feb 2006 22:08:05 604 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think my decision has been made.

I don't know what price it will be in Game. I may have to order on the net.

Its going to be a heavy month or two - TRD 3, SoTC, possibily Black, plus this!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 3 Feb 2006 22:39:07 38,749 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well I was enjoying Katamari, then my girlfriend wanted a go. She has now played it more than I have...

Bugger.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• MercenaryRaiden 3 Feb 2006 23:22:27 2,128 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I played this for 8 straight hours without pause today...

It's fair to say that i do indeed love Katamari. Brilliant game and the soundtrack is amazing. I've done so much but my Katamaris are rubish so i've got twice the enthusiasm to go back to the levels and do them again now that i have a bit more experience with the game. Although the people need to stop shouting at me. Wait your damn turns...
  • Feanor 4 Feb 2006 03:29:34 14,180 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I always find rolling up people the most fun. Very satisfying to asorb them into my giant, growing sticky ball.
  • silver-jon 6 Feb 2006 09:46:38 1,518 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Daaaah da dah da dah dah dah dahhhh Katamari Damacy !

Played it for every available moment through the weekend and didn't stop grinning all the way through. It's as good as I hoped it would be, and my expectations are usually very high. So:

Thankyou to the King and the Prince and his cousins. I rolled a 640m Katamari last night that made me feel like I was a child again. And I think that's part of the appeal. it's a game for adults that somehow just unlocks a part of your brain that has been in hibernation since you started secondary school.

Even my wife started playing Katamari without me cajoling her into it.

Wowies !
  • kincaide 6 Feb 2006 10:16:27 5,067 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    silver jon wrote:
    Daaaah da dah da dah dah dah dahhhh Katamari Damacy !

Played it for every available moment through the weekend and didn't stop grinning all the way through. It's as good as I hoped it would be, and my expectations are usually very high. So:

Thankyou to the King and the Prince and his cousins. I rolled a 640m Katamari last night that made me feel like I was a child again. And I think that's part of the appeal. it's a game for adults that somehow just unlocks a part of your brain that has been in hibernation since you started secondary school.

Even my wife started playing Katamari without me cajoling her into it.

Wowies !

Sheesh - that's a review and a half! Roll on tomorrow!
  • Shinzou 6 Feb 2006 11:35:18 887 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Couldnt find this in any bricks and mortar shop at the weekend. Just puzzled looks if I mentioned it to anyone. Also now out of stock at gameplay and play. So have ordered it from Amazon. So if you fancy it get in there quick people looks like its had a very limited run printed.
  • Feanor 6 Feb 2006 14:29:33 14,180 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I finally tried the co-op mode on the weekend and it wasn't as difficult as all the reviews said. My wife and I did As Fast As Possible 5 in just under 17 minutes on our first go, and that wasn't too far off my best time doing it normally.
  • oneiros 6 Feb 2006 14:34:25 1,877 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    + + + Man in 'Communicates Successfully With Wife' shocker; more later + + +
  • sickpuppysoftware 6 Feb 2006 14:46:04 1,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Shinzou wrote:
    Couldnt find this in any bricks and mortar shop at the weekend. Just puzzled looks if I mentioned it to anyone. Also now out of stock at gameplay and play. So have ordered it from Amazon. So if you fancy it get in there quick people looks like its had a very limited run printed.
    I couldn't find it in the real world today either. There are some available on Play as I've just ordered from there and it said "In Stock"

You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

• Merlinho 6 Feb 2006 14:52:53 5,909 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They had a copy on a demo machine in Virgin, but no actual sale copies. Bahhh!!!
  • sickpuppysoftware 6 Feb 2006 14:58:29 1,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    frod wrote:
    GAME are getting it tomorrow aren't they? After that warehousing cockup...
    They said to me it would arrive sometime today or tomorrow or if it hadn't by then the release had been put back and they'd get a firm date on Thursday. They guy certainly wasn't admitting the warehouse had screwed up.

Ruined my impulse purchasing mood though :( Had to settle for a twix instead.

You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

• Shinzou 6 Feb 2006 15:04:25 887 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sickpuppysoftware wrote:
    Shinzou wrote:
    I couldn't find it in the real world today either. There are some available on Play as I've just ordered from there and it said "In Stock"

Good spot. They didnt have any this morning, obviously just updated it. Cancelled Amazon and reordered with Play - quicker delivery than amazon supersaver crap. Cheers.
  • Feanor 6 Feb 2006 15:17:59 14,180 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    oneiros wrote:
    + + + Man in 'Communicates Successfully With Wife' shocker; more later + + +

We stopped after one level cause it was a bit stressful. Turn! No not turn, quick turn! You said turn! I meant quick turn like turn around 180 degrees! But you just said turn!
  • Artemus 6 Feb 2006 15:55:53 1,007 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The game gets better and better. How brilliant is that level where you end up rolling up the worlds cities and landmarks.
  • christourlord 6 Feb 2006 16:38:19 2,498 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    \o/
    I finally tracked down a shop that had a copy!!
    If this is as good as the first Katamari, I'm likely to be in a grinning stupor for the next month :)
  • PepsiMax 6 Feb 2006 19:37:39 604 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GAME are now only getting it in 'selected stores' - so I am F***D up here in Cumbrai - no way will our local store be selected! Plus, they had no idea what I was talking about anyway!

BUT - they did have it in Gamestation - I know I could have got it cheaper on the net but I wanted it NOW!

I got so excited I bought half their stock of it! (i.e. one copy).

All I need to do now is get the kids to bed and I can get going!

• Daryoon 6 Feb 2006 20:27:38 4,641 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The final 'proper' level is just amazing. You can get well over 3,000m and pick up te King himself!
  • christourlord 6 Feb 2006 21:19:31 2,498 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just how long is this game (as spoiler-free an answer as possible please)?

I'm getting through it pretty quickly so far... I just finished the Nearly-89-Year-Old-Woman level, and I've only been playing it for two or three hours.

It's so fucking awesome though. I keep having to tell myself to calm down because I'm getting excited at its awesomeness :D (I have been drinking gin though)
  • Daryoon 6 Feb 2006 21:39:16 4,641 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not too long, it's easy to rush through because you only need to get a planet for each level, rather than a decent score.

It's the getting of high scores and collecting all the items where the replayability comes in.
  • Gurgy 6 Feb 2006 21:54:30 2,613 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmm, nice ringtone.

Edited by ReGuRgIt8oR at 21:55:42 06-02-2006
  • PepsiMax 6 Feb 2006 22:20:51 604 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've been playing it for an hour and I just keep smiling away.

Am I still here or have I been magically transported into another universe where things are just........different?

• Feanor 7 Feb 2006 04:16:33 14,180 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Daryoon wrote:
    The final 'proper' level is just amazing. You can get well over 3,000m and pick up te King himself!

Have you done that yet? I've only got 2,300 something so far, but I NEED to roll up that bastard King.
  • oneiros 7 Feb 2006 08:09:00 1,877 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well my copy arrived from Amazon yesterday, so I managed to play it for an hour or so last night. After grinning like an idiot all the way through the introduction my first thoughts were those of disappointment; no widescreen support and no way to adjust the display, so I'm left with a slightly flattened image that stops about an inch from the right hand edge of my telly. Crap. :(

Next I got a bit confused by the controls; having not played any Katamari before, I'd assumed they were like Battlezone, and they almost are, but you can also move the sticks left and right which I found slightly odd to begin with.

But anyway, a short while later and I'd banished all those thoughts from my now slightly-addled brain; after building a planet of flowers, cleaning up some kid's bedroom and bouncing around underwater, I've decided that I do *heart* Katamari, and look forward to spending the next few weeks rolling stuff up.

/sings "Doooo, do-do-do doo doo doo doo; Katamari Damacy!"
  • Feanor 7 Feb 2006 16:51:54 14,180 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Manged to get 3,283m 64 cm 4mm and I just got the King at the very last second. It took me 12:05 to reach 500m. On my old best score of 2,300m-something it took me 13:05 to reach 500m. So a single minute faster meant 1,000m bigger.

Edited by Feanor at 16:53:56 07-02-2006
  • Universal_Hamster 7 Feb 2006 17:05:09 4,948 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Game are huge hairy bleeding useless shits.

/Orders from play

Come back next week and I'll be whining about Play being huge hairy bleeding useless shits, I have no doubt.

Edited by Universal Hamster at 17:08:18 07-02-2006
  • Page

of 4 First / Last