Ebay advice/help

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • IJ 24 Jan 2006 20:56:47 819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hey,

I bought my first ever item on ebay 12 days ago (Gamecube with 3 games) and i paid the same day i won it via PayPal. The person i got it from has 10 feedback, 100% good. But i've still not received my GC. He promises me he's going to send it tomorrow or thursday but he said he's waiting for the money to be transfered into his account? He also said he PayPal account crashed which is why i haven't got it yet, but then he said he'd post it on monday this week.

I'm not too worried about not receiving it, i think he's just being slow. But how does the feedback system work? He hasn't left feedback for me yet. Assuming the item arrives in good cond. i want to leave a neutral feedback. But will he then leave me negative feedback? As this is my first item on ebay its really important its good.

Or am i just being impatient?

cheers,
    JR
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 24 Jan 2006 20:58:40 37,661 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If it is received and works etc and you still want to give him neutral feedback, then I suggest you wait until he leaves feedback for you. That way he can't leave you negative feedback after - you can only leave feedback once!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Deleted user 24 January 2006 21:00:46
    How does a paypal account crash?
  • Kostabi 24 Jan 2006 21:02:13 4,903 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The way eBay should work is that as soon as you've paid the seller will leave you a positive feedback. Sadly, most sellers (especially the mediocre ones) will wait until you leave them feedback so if you leave a neutral or negative they can be petty and do the same.

12 days is a long time to wait for an item, especially as his excuse about PayPal doesn't hold water. Once he sees the money in his PP account he should have mailed the item, waiting for it to transfer to his bank (which takes about 5-7 days sometimes) isn't really on if he didn't warn you in advance.

After 14 days (I think) you can report him to Paypal (always report to Paypal before eBay if you can) but I'd wait until Monday to see if he fobs you off again first.
  • caligari 24 Jan 2006 21:03:19 17,017 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    From past Ebay experience, I would say it's easier to just leave a positive feedback, even for losers that take forever to get the item to you.
    If you leave him a neutral, he'll probably just leave a negative in return...Ebayers are bitter and twisted like that.
    Also you should try the 'Item Not Received' option, which opens a Pay Pal dispute with him (then watch just how quickly you get your Gamecube)!

Edited by caligari at 21:04:01 24-01-2006
  • IJ 24 Jan 2006 21:03:36 819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    How does a paypal account crash?

Well exactly!

And also why does he have to wait for the paypal thing to go into his bank account? The money has left my account and in his PayPal account and was well over a week ago so surely he doesn't need to wait for anything?

Ok i can let him leave me feedback first, i just wondered if i had to leave feedback before he could or something.
  • Kostabi 24 Jan 2006 21:05:29 4,903 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    IJ wrote:

And also why does he have to wait for the paypal thing to go into his bank account? The money has left my account and in his PayPal account and was well over a week ago so surely he doesn't need to wait for anything?

Well, he can't actually do anything with the money until it's in his bank account and Paypal take forever once you have initiated a bank transfer. It's not on though, he should have posted it straight away.
  • IJ 24 Jan 2006 21:15:05 819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmmm,

Guess i'm just gonna have to wait it out, bloody annoying to be honest.

Cheers all
  • Salaman 24 Jan 2006 21:19:19 18,952 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Leave neutral feedback. If he does the same start a new Ebay account.

I once received a CD that skipped on track 3, left a neutral feedback, received a positive one back containing apologies as it "came out of the basement".

• Jetset_UK 24 Jan 2006 22:32:29 3,563 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm afraid I've been guilty a couple of times of being a bit late sending stuff.

Some of us out there are just lazy basts.
  • palmoff 24 Jan 2006 23:09:21 502 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I officially hate ebay now...
    Just sold an old mobile phone which went for 102.
    UK Only bid, went to contact the winner and found out it's an address in INDIA!
    Just mailed him to say it'll probably cost 50 extra for an international insured signed item. What a cock.

How long do you have to wait to dispute that someone hasn't paid?
  • Stickman 24 Jan 2006 23:12:21 29,664 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just bought something off eBay and the weirdo only takes cheques. It came out of my account about a week ago, and I've still not got the item, although it keeps being promised.

I know for a fact if I say 'actually, this bloke was a bit shit and I'd never buy anything off him again', I'll just get the same myself. It's where the eBay feedback system falls down.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Razz 24 Jan 2006 23:13:35 60,993 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    palmoff wrote:
    What a cock!

How long do you have to wait to dispute that someone hasn't paid?

Depends on the palmoff...

(o/

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• palmoff 24 Jan 2006 23:16:06 502 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Razz wrote:

Depends on the palmoff...

(o/

Are you telling me to wank in the box and send it off?
    If so.... doing it now.

/misses box hits keyboard.
  • Razz 24 Jan 2006 23:16:39 60,993 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    /licks keyboard

• Razz 24 Jan 2006 23:17:10 60,993 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mmm... asparagus

• palmoff 24 Jan 2006 23:17:39 502 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    / wipes rim on girlfriends face
  • Stickman 24 Jan 2006 23:18:37 29,664 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    mmm... asparagus

I just had asparagus in a restaurant. Really makes your piss stink doesn't it?!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Jetset_UK 24 Jan 2006 23:18:49 3,563 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ebay threads always end like this.
  • Razz 24 Jan 2006 23:20:36 60,993 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    /tagbags Jetset_UK

C===3:)

• Jetset_UK 24 Jan 2006 23:24:17 3,563 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    /tagbags Jetset_UK

C===3:)

Thanks.
  • Razz 24 Jan 2006 23:43:53 60,993 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anytime bitch. ;)

• Jetset_UK 24 Jan 2006 23:50:49 3,563 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Anytime bitch. ;)

Am I your bitch full-time now. Or will you toss me aside like an old cabbage when your bored with me?
  • Razz 24 Jan 2006 23:58:20 60,993 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You're an old cabbage? What?! o_O

• mr_steve100 25 Jan 2006 00:39:38 1,238 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    12-days isn't on. I'd be emailing them every day after 7-days. They've no excuse because that gives them at least one weekend to sort themselves out.

When you pay by PayPal, they get your money straight off, from your credit card into their PayPal account. It never crashes and you can get to make sure he received it by checking your online banking (for credit card). Sort him out, and put him in his place. I reckon he's taking the piss if he's seen you as a low rating eBayer (basically thinks he can call the shots).

He can transfer the money from his PayPal if he wants (though he gets charge a certain amount if it's below 50), but there's really no need. He'll probably end up using it soon anyway.

Check the auction page, at/near the bottom it should say how long he has agreed to send out the item after the auction has been settled. Generally most will say 1-2days (and then something about the seller not being responsible for Bank Holiday delivery times/issues), and point that out to him.

Give him neutral anyway, and ask him that you expect a positive feedback because you paid straight away - there's nothing more you could have done to get the auction settled sooner. If he gives you a negative feedback (which I doubt), dispute it with him (you should be able to comment on your own negatives) and get it taken back under a mutual agreement.

And then never deal with that person again. Ever. Ever ever ever ever ever.

/not that I've ever had such a problem myself
  • Deleted user 25 January 2006 08:32:30
    What everyone is saying is right, he's made you wait way too long. Recently I sold an item and totally forgot about posting it. I had lots of angry emails from the seller which I had missed. Because I messed up I just refunded him half the cost of the postage.
  • Deleted user 25 January 2006 08:39:19
    I think the Feedback system would work better if it told you that you've recieved Feedback from so-and-so but not what it was until you left some of your own, and THEN you get to add an addendum if you felt you had unfair feedback...

Of course that could be undermined by just logging in on another account or as a guest and 'checking yourself out'...
  • IJ 25 Jan 2006 16:11:55 819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well thanks for all the feedback.

I e-mailed him again today asking for him to add my feedback and whether he'd posted it.

He's just responded saying he hasn't had the money into his account yet. Just checked my bank statement and my money was paid into paypal on the 16th.

As he seems quite new to this as well i think he's getting confused. I assume he thinks he needs to withdraw the money from Paypal for it to be safe and for me to have officially paid. Have e-mailed him back saying if the money is in his paypal account then I've officially paid and he should send the item.

Pissing me off now!

JR
  • oceanmotion 25 Jan 2006 16:16:47 15,765 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He is probadly being anal and waiting for paypal to transfer the money to his bank account but its does'nt take that long. Maybe he is not very computer savy or something. Anyway, good luck.
  • IJ 28 Jan 2006 12:27:46 819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well i've finally received the GC today.

Except it is missing the arial cable, I explicitly asked if the GC came with 'all relevent cables and power supply' to which he responded yes.

I've e-mailed him back being really shitty and seeing if he's just forgotten the cable. To be honest I hope he doesn't have it so I can say its not the item as described and get my money back.

The gamecube came with a 3rd party memory card and control pad. Admittedly he never said they were official and i didnt ask. Bah, feel really ripped off.

So annoyed, bet every other GC on sale would have been fine. It wasn't even cheap, just a fair price!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ebay Item

Edited by IJ at 12:34:26 28-01-2006
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous