FREE - 21 days of game rentals

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 4 January 2006 12:06:16
    I posted the following in the bargains thread, but it`s such a good deal i thought it was worth recommending.

(And no, I have no stake in the site or am getting any benefit from the link, in case you ask)

Ok, found the following on HotUkDeals.com :

Gametart 21 day trial

It`s a code to enable a 21 day free trial of Gametart.com game rentals, instead of the standard 10 day-er. (Credit card details are required, however)

I`m gonna give it a go, and then *probably* cancel before the trial period is up. So, free game rentals ? - gotta be a bargain.
  • Huntcjna 4 Jan 2006 12:09:47 13,876 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its PS2 and PSP only though which is well shit quite frankly.
  • Mike_Hunt 4 Jan 2006 12:11:10 23,513 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Use GAME, free 10day trials, no monthly sub, more range and more stock than most places.

[MH]
  • Deleted user 4 January 2006 12:26:11
    Huntcjna wrote:
    Its PS2 and PSP only though which is well shit quite frankly.

Unless you have a PSP or PS2, and are a cheapskate like me. In which case it`s pretty cool.

• monochrome_blue 4 Jan 2006 12:29:16 538 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mike_Hunt wrote:
    Use GAME, free 10day trials, no monthly sub, more range and more stock than most places.

[MH]

Sorry to intervene at this point, and I must declare an interest (I work for Gametart), but we do have every PS2 & PSP game that's had a UK release, which is better than any GAME store.

I'll go back to the cave now...
  • Deleted user 4 January 2006 12:32:00
    monochrome_blue wrote:
    Mike_Hunt wrote:

[MH]

Sorry to intervene at this point, and I must declare an interest (I work for Gametart), but we do have every PS2 & PSP game that's had a UK release, which is better than any GAME store.

And you can get a 21 day free trial, versus a 10 day-er at GAME.

WTF ? am I on commission or some-at ?

MB - maybe you can ensure I get my games nice and quick as a thank you ?? heh.
  • monochrome_blue 4 Jan 2006 12:39:06 538 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bdaggers wrote:
    monochrome_blue wrote:
    Mike_Hunt wrote:

[MH]

Put a good number on your list and i'm sure it'll kick off nicely.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2006 12:52:46
    MB - ta. I have 8 on there, so that should help.
  • Huntcjna 4 Jan 2006 12:55:47 13,876 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I would use gametart if they had xbox, GC and 360 stuff but being sony only is stupid lets be honest.
  • Mike_Hunt 4 Jan 2006 13:02:10 23,513 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    bdaggers wrote:
    monochrome_blue wrote:
    Mike_Hunt wrote:

[MH]

If you chaps look over there... no way over there... you'll see my point.

There's no monthly sub at GAME. You walk in, you buy the game you want, you play it, you return it 10 days later and get your money back.

[MH]
  • Deleted user 4 January 2006 13:04:49
    /squints

/sound of penny dropping

oh.

Sorry mike, wasn`t thinking "out of the box".

/whistles
  • monochrome_blue 4 Jan 2006 14:25:17 538 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bdaggers wrote:
    MB - ta. I have 8 on there, so that should help.

Thanks, if you have any comments (generally) on how we do, drop me an email (austinr at gmail).
  • monochrome_blue 4 Jan 2006 14:26:03 538 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mike_Hunt wrote:
    bdaggers wrote:
    monochrome_blue wrote:
    Mike_Hunt wrote:

[MH]

There's no monthly sub at GAME. You walk in, you buy the game you want, you play it, you return it 10 days later and get your money back.

[MH]

A point well made, although for some god unknown reason i'm yet to do it. Do they actually not quibble at all when you return them?
  • Deleted user 4 January 2006 14:55:51
    I`ve always wondered if there will come a time when GAME will say "You ? AGAIN ? You`re taking the piss, mate" Or are the staff really as luck-lastre as they appear ?
  • bivith 4 Jan 2006 15:36:47 2,466 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    One day GAME's 10 return policy will be abused to the point when the will simply stop doing it.
  • Mike_Hunt 4 Jan 2006 16:10:20 23,513 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    monochrome_blue wrote:
    Mike_Hunt wrote:
    bdaggers wrote:
    monochrome_blue wrote:
    Mike_Hunt wrote:

[MH]

[MH]

A point well made, although for some god unknown reason i'm yet to do it. Do they actually not quibble at all when you return them?
    They generally ask "Is there a reason your returning it?". I've always given them an honest answer, whether it's "...because it's crap (Many games)", "...it was too short, and I didn't feel like I got my money's worth (Gun, Xbox 360)", or "Because it's only 21 at Tescos rather than 40 here (GTA:LCS, PSP)".

I've never had a return rejected, although the employee who took my GTA return did look at me as if I'd just dumped on the counter when I said I was returning it because it was much cheaper elsewhere. I'm sorry but 40 for a handheld game is way too rude.

[MH]
  • Mike_Hunt 4 Jan 2006 16:13:38 23,513 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    bdaggers wrote:
    I`ve always wondered if there will come a time when GAME will say "You ? AGAIN ? You`re taking the piss, mate" Or are the staff really as luck-lastre as they appear ?
    I return a looooot of games. I buy games online when I just *know* I want them, or if it's for the PC (as I can't return those to GAME).

Any console game I'm unsure about I buy from GAME. I'm fairly lucky though as I've 3 stores very close to me (2 in the trafford centre and one local) so I cycle through them. Still, I'm not breaking their rules, so I've nothing to feel guilty about.

[MH]
  • Mike_Hunt 4 Jan 2006 16:14:06 23,513 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    frod wrote:
    What happens when you run out of games you want to play? It's only an exchange isn't it?
    Nah, full refund. I've never exchanged, only got my cash back.

[MH]
  • funkyd 4 Jan 2006 16:17:30 7,522 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do Game still do the thing where you tell them if the game is cheaper elsewhere and you can buy it for that price or get refunded the difference?
  • Salaman 4 Jan 2006 16:23:48 19,048 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd be intersted to know what nickname Mr Hunt's local GAME employees came up with for him.

(",)

Entries on a post card.
  • Mike_Hunt 4 Jan 2006 16:56:18 23,513 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    funkyd wrote:
    Do Game still do the thing where you tell them if the game is cheaper elsewhere and you can buy it for that price or get refunded the difference?
    They used to, but that was only retail stores within 60 centimetres of their store or something stupid. Much better getting your cash back. Normally I wouldn't bother for a few pounds but 21 compared to 40 just takes the piss.

[MH]
  • Mike_Hunt 4 Jan 2006 16:56:46 23,513 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    I'd be intersted to know what nickname Mr Hunt's local GAME employees came up with for him.

(",)

Entries on a post card.
    My guess is it's very similar to my forum name. :p

[MH]
  • Salaman 4 Jan 2006 17:10:22 19,048 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My guess is you're right. It's bound to be that or "nice buns".
    :-P
  • Mike_Hunt 4 Jan 2006 17:15:59 23,513 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago

o_O

And again...

o_O

[MH]
  • ssuellid 4 Jan 2006 17:19:02 19,141 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    My guess is you're right. It's bound to be that or "nice buns".
    :-P

Or the bloke with one hat. ;)
  • Mike_Hunt 4 Jan 2006 17:22:05 23,513 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've got 2 damnitt!

[MH]
  • Deleted user 4 January 2006 17:35:03
    Pursuit Force free rental on its way to me - wee-heee !
  • Salaman 4 Jan 2006 17:42:01 19,048 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mike_Hunt wrote:

o_O

And again...

o_O

[MH]

Surely if all of EG raves about your buns (or was that just Razz?) they must notice them as they happilly watch you leave the store.
  • Mike_Hunt 4 Jan 2006 17:44:09 23,513 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I find it worrying that more and more people are raving about them. I've yet to decide whether this is a good or a bad thing. I'll get back to you.

[MH]
  • monochrome_blue 4 Jan 2006 18:27:16 538 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bdaggers wrote:
    Pursuit Force free rental on its way to me - wee-heee !

Enjoy.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous