Straw Poll - should all religious related threads be banned? Page 3

  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

  • craigy Staff 25 Aug 2012 14:03:10 7,844 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @revan8 I think you've gotta take a bit more time to craft your posts. If you're going to make a simplified, brief and sweeping assertion about something as controversial and hotly debated as religion and multiple wars, I'd expect people to challenge you on it. Dodgy spelling and grammar makes posts even harder to decipher.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 14:12:19
    No there is a difference, I liked to be challenged as my opinion isn't the only one and also might be missing some important facts that others can explain. I don't like abuse.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 25 Aug 2012 14:17:21 26,619 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can we not just have revan taken outside and put down?
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 14:20:30
    I think you should fuck off frankly. You're either a sock which the mods should ban or a thick as fuck troll and again the mods should do something about.

    The thought occurs that you may actually be genuine but that is terrifying.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 14:31:32
    See a psychotic reply to me talking about religion and war. Not trolling not abusing anyone.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 14:33:40
    Yes it's everyone else's fault.
  • Khanivor 25 Aug 2012 14:35:32 41,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You and freedumb would make a great couple.

    Yes, you bawbag ;)
  • Syrette 25 Aug 2012 14:40:37 44,232 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh leave him alone.

  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 14:47:36
    Boab wrote:
    Yes it's everyone else's fault.
    It is no ones fault but your own for being psycho.

    Edited by revan8 at 14:47:59 25-08-2012
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 14:48:30
    learn to spell u cunt
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 14:59:08
    It shouldn't make a difference. Not one to get hostile about anyway.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 15:05:01
    Wasn't being serious tbh, you're kind of inviting piss taking. This is the internet
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 15:10:16
    I thought the c bit was you joking not the spelling. Pies taking is fine too.
  • mrpon 25 Aug 2012 15:12:48 29,579 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't bring mowgli into it, please.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • Lukus 25 Aug 2012 15:14:03 19,475 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    :D

    Paintings & Photographs

  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 15:16:13
    Lol bloody phone!! :)
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 15:17:11
    Piss and pie taking is acceptable.
  • Load_2.0 25 Aug 2012 15:42:58 19,670 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    revan8 wrote:
    There is a valid reason why Israel is a problem in the middle east, it might not be their fault but by don't help themselves.
    This pointless drivel is akin to Madgod's ramblings.
    It isn't their fault that they were given the land after ww2. They now build settlements on foreign soil that isn't theirs.
    So it isn't drivel and your comment is and is the exactly pointless negativity I'm am talking about in another thread.
    OK conflict in that region stretches much further back than the creation of Israel and only citing the Gaza strip (implying that is the main point of contention) shows a wealth of ignorance.

    You want a debate but you have nothing to say.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 15:50:36
    No you assuming things. I know history, just because I didn't write the entire history of the area doesn't mean I don't know it. Just posting about the modern era. I can't debate with you because you have no content, just sweeping rebuttals and insults.
  • spamdangled 25 Aug 2012 16:36:58 27,475 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    @Revan8 You're not doing yourself any favours by not proof reading your posts, the frequent typos and grammatical errors make your posts hard to read and easy to dismiss.
    Even if I couldn't spell correctly and the such I don't think I should get abused for it ?
    You're not getting abuse, you were getting corrected. It's your stubborn refusal to accept that your narrow view of the causal factors of various wars are naive and deliberately excluding the role that religion played to further your original argument that is the reason why people are becoming exasperated with you in this thread.

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • spamdangled 25 Aug 2012 16:38:45 27,475 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    No you assuming things. I know history, just because I didn't write the entire history of the area doesn't mean I don't know it. Just posting about the modern era. I can't debate with you because you have no content, just sweeping rebuttals and insults.
    So why are your views of the conflict in the region solely down to the creation of Israel? If you know your history, you'd know that simply isn't true so why peddle it?

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 16:40:56
    ? I'm asking for input on the topic not being stubborn. I've hardly had any points on it, only couple of posts about the topic. The rest just anti me.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 25 Aug 2012 16:43:26 26,619 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think IRONOMAN just had catastrophic heart failure.
  • disusedgenius 25 Aug 2012 16:48:59 5,625 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's because you appear to be a colossal idiot and a blight on the forum. Well, the current blight anyway...
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 16:50:23
    The posts that have dismantled your claims you've ignored with a "no, I'm right" comeback, pretty much. I'm not surprised it all went ad hominem after that, as no-one can really be bothered with such a debate.

    But deep down I'm pretty convinced this is just a troll for attention anyway - a random bump with a relatively incoherent and ill thought-out question that was basically fully answered by the second post.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 16:51:15
    This post here by the way:

    kalel wrote:
    Religion and ideology are strongly linked and both played some part in all those wars. Blaming all war on religion is naive, but so is completely ignoring the role it can play.
    It answers your question perfectly.
  • Khanivor 25 Aug 2012 16:52:38 41,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    No you assuming things. I know history, just because I didn't write the entire history of the area doesn't mean I don't know it. Just posting about the modern era. I can't debate with you because you have no content, just sweeping rebuttals and insults.
    If you know the entire history of the era then you would know that Israel doesn't exist simply because the surviving Jews were given land. They had to fight to make their land into a state. WWII set the ball rolling but Zionist actions, in play long before Hitler came to power, led to the creation of the state of Israel.

    Going out on a limb here, but I'm thinking your knowledge is an awful lot less than you claim it to be. This is not a personal attack, this is a direct observation based on what you have contributed to this, (and other) threads.

    PS - a rebuttal is by definition content.
  • spamdangled 25 Aug 2012 16:54:11 27,475 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My main concern is that s/he seems to be developing a determination to bring his/her religion into every topic no matter how tangential it is to the discussion.

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • StarchildHypocrethes 25 Aug 2012 16:57:26 26,619 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And that just finished him off.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 17:01:35
    meme wrote:
    This post here by the way:

    kalel wrote:
    Religion and ideology are strongly linked and both played some part in all those wars. Blaming all war on religion is naive, but so is completely ignoring the role it can play.
    It answers your question perfectly.
    Oooh that's a better reply, I missed that. My mistake, I will blame that on work.
    @ dark, I bumped this as I searched religion and posted on here because I thought I would get more hassle from starting a new thread rather than bumping an old one. Sad but that is how I see the forum.
  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

Log in or register to reply