Fable 2

• Page

of 252 First / Last

Previous
  • matrim83 8 Nov 2005 17:49:22 5,587 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This kind of looks interesting (click). Please Lionhead if you do make it take your time and make a proper game and FFS a bit more open ended maps.

Also while we are at it some more variety in enemies wouldn't hurt. Only so many times I can fight a human, a wolf or an undead.

[code]
    Lutz - Mr Lutz
    Xerx3s - Xerx3s
    Tafkas - Captain Slog
    QUint2020 - Quint2020
    boabg - boabg1888
    Duffman5 -Duffman Glen
    L42yB - L42yB
    funkyd - Sgt Cheesecake
    Petrarch - Sir Petrarch
    the_dudefather - Clownsyndrome
    Grunk - Riftstrider
    ScoutTech - Ninja Bitz
    strangeed - strangeed
    thepaddedcell - SketchZombie
    SpikeRocks - Dr Nilsson
    mikew1985 - xcrems
    Pike - PikeEG
    peteb - Heeeres Pete
    SantusMortis - SanctusMortis
    Mowgli - SMoGI
    squarejawhero - squarejawhero
    silentbob - muterobert
    Load "$" - EG load S
    morriss - runnersdialzero
    Evilashchris - Evilashchris
    Gl3n - Gl3n
    Johnlenham - Johnlenham
    figgis - figgross
    [/code]

Valar morghulis.

• Freek 8 Nov 2005 17:53:57 7,687 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sounds like they're going a bit Black and White with it (the dog companion), not nescairely a bad thing but isn't Lionhead supposed to be a studio of original and fresh ideas?

Would be cool if getting maried also means you can have children, who you can enrole to the Guild and essentailly replay the game using them, with some special things unlocked depending on how you raised them.

Edited by Freek at 18:02:51 08-11-2005
  • python911 9 Nov 2005 14:14:46 10 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tbh I wasn't impressed at all by Black and White 2... mainly due to the fact I couldn't install it even though I matched all of the recomended specifications. It's bokers. They even passed their tech support over to their publishers EA. As if EA have a clue about anything more technical than uninstalling and reinstalling the game if it doesn't work.
    Everyone is kissing Lionhead's ass at the moment but imo I think they're getting worse and worse as the days go on. Rushing development and cancelling projects like BC. The little add-on for Fable in The Lost Chapters was pointless and totally disjointed from the actual plot.
    Unless Fable 2 is going to be groudbreaking like Oblivion is going to be, I'm not really that excited about Fable 2.
  • pjmaybe 9 Nov 2005 14:16:14 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ...For goodness sake, if you're going to give people the option of being Good OR Evil at least balance out the consequences so being evil can net as many dividends (just different ones) as being good.

Otherwise what's the bloody point in including that as a game dynamic eh?

Oh and make the rest of the map accessible.

Peej
  • Lutzie 9 Nov 2005 14:16:21 952 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /drools
  • Lutzie 9 Nov 2005 14:17:11 952 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    Oh, and make the rest of the map accessible.

Peej
    ?

How do you mean? Total freeform, instead of locations that make up the gaming world?
  • UncleLou Moderator 9 Nov 2005 14:20:27 35,551 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Lutzie wrote:
    pjmaybe wrote:
    Oh, and make the rest of the map accessible.

Peej
    ?

How do you mean? Total freeform, instead of locations that make up the gaming world?

The tiny maps and that they only opened up when the game wanted to annoyed me as well. In the Gothic games, (nearly) the whole map (with no loading times) is opened from the beginning. You realise pretty fast if you're somewhere where you shouldn't be yet, because the enemies will be too strong. However, if you follow the quests, the game won't lure you into a too dangerous area, and you'll be safe. All in all, it makes for a much more believable gameworld, and I really hope they do this in a sequel.
  • morriss 6 Dec 2005 15:41:13 70,976 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Missed this. Just came across it on gamespot.

is now extremely happy he chose Xbox 360.

/goosebumps
  • kalel 6 Dec 2005 15:49:40 87,584 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is Fable even doe by Lionhead? I thought it was Blue Box or whatever it's called.
  • morriss 6 Dec 2005 15:53:22 70,976 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    yep. It's Lionhead. Afaik anyway.
  • duffers 6 Dec 2005 15:57:17 280 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No it is, but Blue Box had something to do with the game.
  • Raid 6 Dec 2005 17:44:34 980 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought Blue Box was part of Lionhead.

Anyway, t'is good news. There were a lot of problems with Fable (tediously repetitive combat, short and basic story, the extremely restrictive maps), but when the PC version was released, it reminded me of all the bits I loved it for. Here's hoping that they can create something more impressive with the masses of processing power the 360 has.
  • Derblington 6 Dec 2005 17:46:31 21,602 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Big Blue Box is (was?) a satelite company of Lionhead. BBB made Fable.

Edited by Derblington at 17:46:54 06-12-2005
  • matrim83 10 May 2006 14:24:34 5,587 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Time to bring this thread to the light of day again.

The new trailer was just too short for me. Is there a further showing planned at E3?

Valar morghulis.

• morriss 10 May 2006 14:25:29 70,976 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lutzie wrote:
    /drools

/drolls harder and faster
  • gamesb*tch 10 May 2006 14:27:38 645 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hey Uncle Lou this one'll crack you up...

Hello Sailor!
  • Deleted user 23 August 2006 10:07:36
    Here's a video illustrating the "new" combat mecanics Peter was going about yesterday.
  • morriss 28 Sep 2006 22:23:49 70,976 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Interview with Big Pete.
  • oceanmotion 29 Sep 2006 13:25:09 15,926 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago

Some Fable 2 pics
  • Nemesis 30 Sep 2006 11:33:06 18,647 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    /high hopes

Combat needs to be more...organic. It had a very...digital control about it. Still, music made up for everything in Fable1.

• Tomo 30 Sep 2006 11:36:40 13,910 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fable was a fantastic game. Be gone haters! Just a shame Oblivion came out when I was playing it :/ I'm soooo near the end of it.
  • Lutz 30 Sep 2006 11:41:27 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nemesis wrote:
    /high hopes

Combat needs to be more...organic. It had a very...digital control about it. Still, music made up for everything in Fable1.
    /has the Fable OST on order.
    :)

I can't wait for this, but I'm trying to distance myself from reading about it.
  • morriss 30 Sep 2006 11:45:22 70,976 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I love the idea of your child flinging the door open and running into your arms when you get home. The regions' idea sounds great too, let's hope it can be well implemented.
  • ronuds 2 Oct 2006 17:06:39 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Biggest beefs with the original Fable:

1. Loading was horrendous... must've wasted 2 days of my life waiting on load screens.

2. World was too small.

3. I hate "paths" in an RPG. Seemed too linear.

4. Not "enough". Not enough content in the game made me not care so much about growing old and playing in the sandbox, because there wasn't enough to do to keep me occupied. Some of the secrets that you had to drudge up and such were a nice addition, though.

If they open up the paths and make the game more free-flowing like Oblivion or Morrowind, that would be excellent. I also thought the combat was fun, but a bit simple. A little more of a challenge would be nice.

But a game "like" Fable with open environments ala Oblivion makes me want to salivate. I'm not banking on the open environments, but if they're at least a bit larger I'll be smitten. A game like that would make me toss Oblivion to the side in a heartbeat. Oblivion just isn't much fun... not like Morrowind, anyway.
  • glaeken 2 Oct 2006 17:15:21 11,171 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So who exactly wants to have children in an RPG and plant Oak tree's? I seriously wish they would not waste time on such fluff and just concentrated on making a solid game.

As others have said Fable 2 should have a large open world and needs to be a lot longer than Fable. I found in Fable I was just really getting to grips with all my powers and enjoying it and the bloody game ended.

They have already said it will be much darker than the first one which really corrects another complaint I had which was just how twee the first one was. Though it did get better as it progressed initially it was like I was playing Fisher Price's first RPG.
  • Deleted user 2 October 2006 17:19:29
    pjmaybe wrote:
    ...For goodness sake, if you're going to give people the option of being Good OR Evil at least balance out the consequences so being evil can net as many dividends (just different ones) as being good.
    Peej
    Did you get to the end...?
  • ronuds 2 Oct 2006 17:25:54 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    So who exactly wants to have children in an RPG and plant Oak tree's? I seriously wish they would not waste time on such fluff and just concentrated on making a solid game.

As others have said Fable 2 should have a large open world and needs to be a lot longer than Fable. I found in Fable I was just really getting to grips with all my powers and enjoying it and the bloody game ended.

They have already said it will be much darker than the first one which really corrects another complaint I had which was just how twee the first one was. Though it did get better as it progressed initially it was like I was playing Fisher Price's first RPG.

Right - I can do without the children and wife and such. Having a wife didn't really add much to the first game, other than a gift every so often. Now I have to decide whether or not I want to have protected sex? Good grief... this isn't the Sims. I think the reason Peter is so hell-bent on including that in this game is because he promised it in the last one and everyone was whining when they didn't get it. So, chalk it up to whiners, probably.
  • glaeken 2 Oct 2006 17:32:46 11,171 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ahab wrote:
    glaeken wrote:

I hope that they don't introduce a "dark" and "mature" plot perfect for angsty teenagers, with twists best suited for crappy TV series and loads of emo melodrama. 99% of the games out there now are like this ffs, Fable was actually a lot better in this respect. Children and oak trees are all good.

Edited by Ahab at 17:25:18 02-10-2006

Well there is a balance to be drawn and the first fell rather to far into kiddie corner for my liking. Still each to their own.
  • matrim83 13 Dec 2006 07:10:09 5,587 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Havok to provide physics. Hardly worth a bump but the only thing I've heard about the game in months.

Valar morghulis.

• mouthofyoureye 13 Dec 2006 08:07:52 17 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    fable is one of my favourite games of all time. it has many, many failings (especially in retrospect) but the game was (is still) such a joy to play. this game is beautiful. and i don't just mean graphics, i mean locations, music, clothes etc... and the feel of the game was what set it apart. it just felt good. and i think if you actually played the entire game *looks up* then the balance between light and dark was right.

i think gripe about limited enemies is a bit crap. there was lots and lots of variety (my favourite probably balverines)

the game is dark without being false.

if lionhead can build on the first game, get rid of some misgivings (like short length, linear structure and small areas) and throw in a bit of molyneaux magic then i will buy an xbox360 just to play it

.. and black and white 2 sucked BALLS
  • Page

of 252 First / Last

Previous