Bored with games

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • pistol 26 Jun 2003 17:03:19 13,019 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm starting to feel a little bored with games in general. Is it age (32), or is it just that I'm not playing the right ones?

Aside from Silent Hill 3 which I'm getting next week, what games for the PS2 are worth getting at the moment?
  • ssuellid 26 Jun 2003 17:06:07 19,141 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Didnt we have this thread before?

Get the EyeToy pistol, should be fun.
  • Machiavel 26 Jun 2003 17:07:41 5,964 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Virtua Fighter 4 - it's an Evolution, apparently.
  • LaundroMat 26 Jun 2003 17:09:20 1,442 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I suggest you do as I did.

My TV imploded. I didn't want to connect anything else to my VCR/DVD/PS2 but a spanking new TV.

I've been TV less for about 3 weeks now. Which also means: movie-less (except for the cinema ofcourse) and gaming-less (except for the odd DoD once in a while).

Then let your heart race in excitement as you hear your TV has arrived (which incidentally happened just today). Wait until Saturday to pick it up. Hear from the girlfriend that she'll be away all of next week (for work).

Don't sleep anymore. Scour teh intarnet for game reviews. Hop in your local software shop and look at the games on display. Talk to your friends about the games they play.

And then... swoosh. A whole new era of gaming goodness. A new TV, a surround system (reminds me I've got to get an optical cable too), and a whole week for yourself.

I won't have any game bore me next week, and neither will you if you take this advice!

Edit: But then I'm only 28. It's possible this advice won't help.

Edited by LaundroMat at 16:09:50 26-06-2003
  • UncleLou Moderator 26 Jun 2003 17:09:24 35,851 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There just isn't much out for the PS2 at the moment. SH3 is the only game I have bought for it in months, but I guess I'll get that Eye toy thingy. Oh, what about Dark Cloud 2? Shouldn't this be out soon?
  • Mr_Sleep 26 Jun 2003 17:09:28 17,380 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm currently hooked on Gothic 2 so I don't think gaming is boring you just have to find the right games.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Killerbee 26 Jun 2003 17:10:29 5,016 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's the usual quiet spell that happens over the summer. On the PS2 I'm mainly waiting on the platformer sequels to make an appearance (Jak, Ratchet) and FFX-2. That's about it.

I can't recall whether you're a Gamecube owner or not? Seriously - there are some great games out for it at the moment many are available pretty cheaply and the console itself isn't expensive. If it weren't for my Cube I'd probably be feeling the effects of the summer gaming drought right now too.

Gaming still roolz! :)
  • pistol 26 Jun 2003 17:11:22 13,019 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ssuellid wrote:
    Didnt we have this thread before?

Get the EyeToy pistol, should be fun.

What sort of game is that. I've not heard of it before?
  • pjmaybe 26 Jun 2003 17:12:12 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    "Get the EyeToy pistol, should be fun."

So now you're saying there's a gun to go with the camera? Cooolll!

Peej
  • pistol 26 Jun 2003 17:12:23 13,019 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Killerbee wrote:
    It's the usual quiet spell that happens over the summer. On the PS2 I'm mainly waiting on the platformer sequels to make an appearance (Jak, Ratchet) and FFX-2. That's about it.

I can't recall whether you're a Gamecube owner or not? Seriously - there are some great games out for it at the moment many are available pretty cheaply and the console itself isn't expensive. If it weren't for my Cube I'd probably be feeling the effects of the summer gaming drought right now too.

Gaming still roolz! :)

Sorry, PS2 only I'm afraid. I can play imports OK though, if you know of any good ones?
  • ssuellid 26 Jun 2003 17:15:47 19,141 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Heres the EyeToy review: -
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=52391

Should be fun like with the dance mat etc.
  • CerealKey 26 Jun 2003 17:17:38 2,860 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Give up and sell all your games!
  • Blerk Moderator 26 Jun 2003 17:18:56 48,225 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh, what about Dark Cloud 2? Shouldn't this be out soon?

It's been put back to the end of September. Grrr.
  • Machiavel 26 Jun 2003 17:22:56 5,964 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you can import, Suikoden III might be a lot of fun.
  • Nemesis 26 Jun 2003 17:24:06 18,743 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    (reminds me I've got to get an optical cable too),

I gotta spare ;-)

Didn't we do this thread already? Pistol, just stay down Wimbledon, enjoy the tennis, top up the tan and come back all refreshed! By that time you'll be 2 weeks behind and will miss it all. Promise.
  • pistol 26 Jun 2003 17:37:19 13,019 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nemesis wrote:
    (reminds me I've got to get an optical cable too),

I gotta spare ;-)

Didn't we do this thread already? Pistol, just stay down Wimbledon, enjoy the tennis, top up the tan and come back all refreshed! By that time you'll be 2 weeks behind and will miss it all. Promise.

Thanks a lot. Nice to know you're needed:)

I think my skin could do with a break from the sun anyway.
  • Nemesis 26 Jun 2003 20:56:38 18,743 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago

Oh no, don't start sounding like my girlfriend! j/k

It's just if you're bored with games, then take a bit of a break and just enjoy the Tennis. I didn't expect to see you in forums 'til it was all over!

Everyone gets a bit burnt out on it, or there are periods when bugger all is interesting. Chill Winston, go enjoy the girls in da short skirts.
  • DrCongo 26 Jun 2003 23:33:46 912 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Choose a gaming genre you've never been interested in at all. Read reviews to find a PS2 (or hell, PS One even!) game (or games) in said genre that is generally thought to be good. Go out and buy the game(s). Marvel as you get pulled into something you never thought was "your cup of tea" and find out that it's brilliant - or, get confirmation to your beliefs that said genre is complete and utter shite. Either way, you'll have something to do for a while. :)

Or you could just go out and get shitfaced, wake up the next morning and rinse & repeat.

(I'm 32 too and get these phases when there's not a single game I want to play. These phases do pass, though.)
  • striker 26 Jun 2003 23:46:38 2,603 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think Half-Life 2 will be my antidote...
  • pistol 27 Jun 2003 11:27:54 13,019 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nemesis wrote:

Oh no, don't start sounding like my girlfriend! j/k

It's just if you're bored with games, then take a bit of a break and just enjoy the Tennis. I didn't expect to see you in forums 'til it was all over!

Everyone gets a bit burnt out on it, or there are periods when bugger all is interesting. Chill Winston, go enjoy the girls in da short skirts.

I've been bored with them for some time now, even after having some time off, although admittedly, my life has been pretty hectic recently. I'll have a couple of weeks off and see what happens.
  • silentbob 27 Jun 2003 14:51:31 29,026 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Why do people feel the need to reguarly start threads like this. At 32 years old you need help to find good games to play. Well, if you can't find any on your own at your age - then I would suggest that games themselves are no longer for you.

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• UncleLou Moderator 27 Jun 2003 14:55:42 35,851 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Eh? Pistol is just wondering whether he's growing out of games and asking for a few recommendations. What's wrong about this, especially on a gaming site?
  • silentbob 27 Jun 2003 14:59:32 29,026 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Eh? Pistol is just wondering whether he's growing out of games and asking for a few recommendations. What's wrong about this, especially on a gaming site?
    OK, how about this. Use search function on site, read reviews buy game, sorted.

• UncleLou Moderator 27 Jun 2003 15:07:55 35,851 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I might be wrong, but I thought a forum on a gaming site can be used to discuss games. I for one read a lot of reviews, but I also like to hear comments of people whose opinions I appreciate if I am not sure whether I should buy a certain game.

Gee, you can lock up the whole forum then. Why discuss the Iraq war? Just read a few newspapers. Why discuss music? Go to a shop and listen to a few records, etc. etc. Sorry, but I don't get your point somehow.
  • CerealKey 27 Jun 2003 15:10:45 2,860 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    /dons beret, sips thick black coffee, smokes unfiltered cigarette/

For me, life is like....

A pear.

Ripe.

Round.

Succulent.

Mottled green and grey.

Is zis better?
  • silentbob 27 Jun 2003 15:15:17 29,026 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago

I'm starting to feel a little bored with games in general.
    How the hell are we supposed to help with this? If someone came on and just said "Gimme some good titles for x platform" thats fine, but starting with the whiney "I'm bored with games IN GENERAL" is a pyschological problem not a lack of ideas as to which title to play next. As one of the posters said, take a break - but at 32 you'd have though this advice would be pretty obvious.

Clear?

• UncleLou Moderator 27 Jun 2003 15:20:37 35,851 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Clear?

Not really, no. But we can leave it at that. Oh, and pistol obvioulsy hadn't heard of the Eye toy before. Maybe it's exactly what he was looking for, who knows.
  • renzo 27 Jun 2003 15:21:39 3,195 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Silentbob, I think Pistol is just looking for advice on how to get his interest back into gaming, and not seeking help for his 'psychological problem'.

What UncleLou is trying to say is that this forum is open to discuss anything, and to hear what other people have to say. It's a Discussion forum, where people discuss things. Surely Pistol shouldn't be slated if he wants to discuss his lack of interest in games?
  • pistol 27 Jun 2003 16:30:34 13,019 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:

I was kinda thinking the same thing.

What can you do..:)
  • pistol 27 Jun 2003 16:30:53 13,019 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:

I was kinda thinking the same thing.

What can you do..:)

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous