City of Heroes/Villains Page 17

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• eviltobz  30 Mar 2006 15:18:00 2,609 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    anyone still fighting/causing crime these days? i've gone back to coh with my very first toon, dark angsty man, a claws regen scrapper, and have been doing a little bit with him. got as far as integration so he's starting to look kinda hard, and i finally re-specced pinky into a post-ed toon. so long perma-hasten, goodbye 6 slotted hover, au-revoir lots of my damage potential.
  • Whizzo 30 Mar 2006 16:55:25 43,066 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not played for a while as I've maxed Wartorn to 40 and really want I7 to turn up, could do with going back to Paragon and getting the Silvery one up to his epics though.

This space left intentionally blank.

• eviltobz  24 Apr 2006 12:20:39 2,609 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    a new trailer for I7 is floating around the net. looks shiney. i'm looking forward to an elec/elec brute alt :)
  • eviltobz  28 Apr 2006 16:34:36 2,609 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    today being the 2 year anniversary of CoH going live stateside an with I7 just around the corner, positron has just made a bit of an announcement about the game's future, this bit looked interesting to me
    Issue 8 will also bring with it the Veterans' Reward system. This will allow us to give out special thank-you gifts to our players based on the number of months they have been subscribed. These gifts will range from costume pieces to powers to base items and beyond. You don't even have to do anything to get them, other than keeping an active account.
    :)

info in full here

Edited by eviltobz  at 16:34:36 28-04-2006
  • Whizzo 2 May 2006 20:23:56 43,066 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Issue 7 has hit test!!

edit: Player Pets should no longer attack the lava in the Batzul mission.

Hoorah!

Edited by Whizzo at 20:27:44 02-05-2006

• Necropolis 2 May 2006 21:27:35 896 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I haven't had time to look at CoX today, is I7 just for CoV or is there stuff for CoH in there as well?

Am interested to see what the updates are to it all..
  • Whizzo 2 May 2006 23:32:03 43,066 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mostly for CoV but there's obviously Recluse's Victory which is a PVP zone set in Atlas Park, Arachnos and Freedom Corp fight over a dimensional rift that's there.

If Arachnos take all the control points the globe in front of City Hall isn't being held up by Atlas... :-)

On the CoV front of course there's the 41-50 levels, patron powers, mayhem missions, Grandville etc.

As a Mastermind I noticed how much quicker the second tier upgrade now is! At least twice as fast as before which means my mission startup time is so much lower now. Fantastic.

There's also some UI changes in the way powers stack and insps that are about to time out now flash which is nice.

Didn't try out too much but did take out a fair amount of heroes with my band of mercs and was doing extremely well until the heroes banded together and half a dozen came after me.

Typical hero cowards! ;-)

• mentat 9 May 2006 08:10:58 5,613 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Um, don't know if anyone's still playing this, but this is a call for help!

I've got two missions - one is to defeat an elite boss called Lilithu, and the other, where i have to steal the tears of the gods (i think) which culminates in a lvl 40 Arch Villain.

If anyone still has an active sub with a high level character, can you lend a hand? Please?!
    I'm so close to 40 (level 38.8!), but i'm not going to get there without completing these missions.

What say you?
  • mentat 9 May 2006 13:01:49 5,613 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    *cheeky bump*
  • Whizzo 9 May 2006 13:04:36 43,066 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'll give you a hand you weakling, tonight some time?

• mentat 9 May 2006 13:17:11 5,613 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Heh, i'll be about after 9 ish tonight? If not, tomorrow a little earlier.

I think we'd manage lilithu between us, but i'm not sure a 38 and a 40 would be able to take down a 40 Arch Villain, would we? Even with 13 minions...
    Actually, when you put it like that, BRING IT ON! :)
  • Whizzo 9 May 2006 13:41:31 43,066 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    9 is fine with me.

I could always bring my Brute instead with him lackeyed it might help more.

• DaisyD 9 May 2006 13:54:00 11,818 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd love to help, but seeing as I'm so low that I'll probably die just looking at the miss! :D
  • Necropolis 9 May 2006 14:07:18 896 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I presume this is CoV and not CoH?

If its CoV then its a shame as I won't be able to help, but may be mugged by you if I go anywhere near a PvP zone ;)
  • mentat 9 May 2006 15:17:57 5,613 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Necropolis wrote:
    I presume this is CoV and not CoH?

If its CoV then its a shame as I won't be able to help, but may be mugged by you if I go anywhere near a PvP zone ;)

Aye, CoV, soz. Just buy it! it's great!

And Daisy, you may be able to help depending on whether Whizzo brings his MM (in which case i'll be able to lackey you) or if he brings his brute, in which case i'll have to lackey him.
    I'd be happier with another 40... Nuttah? Kalel? Either of you still play?
  • Whizzo 9 May 2006 15:27:05 43,066 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well I can bring Wartorn along and lackey Daisy's character to 39, plus I've got Recall Friend so getting her to the door will be a cinch.

For any other masterminds around, you'll appreciate one thing about I7 more than anything else : 2nd tier upgrades are half as long a recharge as they were before! My downtime on summoning on test is so short now! :-D

Edited by Whizzo at 15:28:38 09-05-2006

• mentat 9 May 2006 15:50:03 5,613 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Well I can bring Wartorn along and lackey Daisy's character to 39, plus I've got Recall Friend so getting her to the door will be a cinch.

For any other masterminds around, you'll appreciate one thing about I7 more than anything else : 2nd tier upgrades are half as long a recharge as they were before! My downtime on summoning on test is so short now! :-D

Edited by Whizzo at 15:28:38 09-05-2006

Oh God, is that true?! FANTASTIC!
    I get to the end of most of my missions before i've upgraded all of my minions!

Go I7! (Any news on when it's officially released?)
  • Whizzo 9 May 2006 16:14:48 43,066 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It needs a LOT of work so probably tomorrow...

I reckon a month at least.

• Necropolis 9 May 2006 17:16:49 896 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mentat wrote:

Aye, CoV, soz. Just buy it! it's great!
    I already have bought it, its just that I have 50 fever with my main toon so haven't looked at the CoV characters too much so far. I think my highest is only about 16 or so...
  • mentat 10 May 2006 08:29:27 5,613 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    *another bump*

Well Whizzo and I managed one of the missions last night, thanks to a handy fight between a hero and an AV, leaving us with only one to deal with.
    We did however get our arses handed to us quite thoroughly by the bitch that is the level 40 Arch Villain Ice Mistral.

2 masterminds, 13 minions all dead within a minute with less than a tenth of her health gone.
    I think we're gonna need a bigger boat.
    So again, if any of the high levellers are still around and have an active account please lend us a hand!
  • eviltobz  12 May 2006 16:51:26 2,609 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    fraid i'm only playing coh these days. my villains are nowhere near high enough levels to be of any use.

still, i7 is in the pre-load phase on live now, so release can't be that far off :)
  • Whizzo 12 May 2006 16:56:43 43,066 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You can always be lackeyed!

• eviltobz  18 May 2006 18:31:24 2,609 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    see how crap i am at keeping up with eg threads these days.

anyway. lackeying is good and all, but there is firstly the problem of can you even get to the required place with various zones having level limits, and a lack of travel powers doesn't help either. secondly the bigger problem of lackey up someone really low level to a high level and they only have a couple of powers, with a couple of slots, and only TOs, and probably not even good ones at that, but cos they're TOs they aint worth buying so you just tend to slot what you find. my bestest villain being a low level kinetic means that all my stuff needs tohit rolls. no acc SOs in AV fights means my heals and slows and stuff are never going to be anywhere near reliable enough to be of any value.
  • Whizzo 18 May 2006 20:32:01 43,066 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Recall friend is your, er friend, when you're a low leveller remember which isn't the reason my mastermind has it but it's jolly useful.

Plus there aren't any zone level restrictions in CoV other than Grandville, I think, which is 40 and that place is bloody dangerous anyway.

• eviltobz  19 May 2006 10:40:40 2,609 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    furry muff. but then, my not knowing about the zone stuff is proof enough that my villain toons are still too crap to be of any use in high level fights anyway :)

Edited by eviltobz  at 12:23:31 19-05-2006
  • eviltobz  23 May 2006 16:46:26 2,609 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    There is a special event on test soon. all toons, hero or villain, created will be boosted to level 40 for a test of recluse's victory for a few days. think of it as a free way to test out builds you've not been able to make before or see what a low level alt will be like later on :)

clicky
  • Whizzo 6 Jun 2006 22:21:51 43,066 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Issue 7 is LIVE!

• DaisyD 7 Jun 2006 23:27:28 11,818 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why's my Heroes/Villans broke since the update??!! :(
  • Whizzo 7 Jun 2006 23:28:32 43,066 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There's plenty of problems with I7 unfortunately, God knows why but it's worse in some aspects than it was when it first launched on test.

• DaisyD 7 Jun 2006 23:30:37 11,818 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was hoping to get a good session in tonight as I can't play for the next few days!
  • Page

of 18 First / Last