City of Heroes/Villains Page 15

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• magicpanda 21 Jan 2006 14:11:57 13,248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    \o/

Ta Whizzo

Will be a few hours messing about with costumes if my COH trial is anything to go by.

Or waiting for a 5 hour 2.5gig download :/

Edited by Magic Panda at 14:33:19 21-01-2006
  • magicpanda 21 Jan 2006 20:08:00 13,248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got my first character on the go, A Science mastermind called Scarlet Harlet
  • magicpanda 22 Jan 2006 17:19:09 13,248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone still play this? :p Just hit lvl 11, Really enjoying it so far but...

Is it normal that I cant seem to solo a single mission or is the entire system based around teaming up? (I appreciate it is a multi player game, the option to wander around solo would be nice.)

The groups ive been in seem to consist of people shouting heal me a lot and have no concept of team work... Lerrroy Jenkins.. It's winding me up no end. :)

IS there a way of changing powers once you have chosen the basic ones? Ive got ninjas and barrier/shield type abilities, wish id taken ninjas and poisons instead...

• Whizzo 22 Jan 2006 17:44:43 43,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yes there's still some of us playing, I'll be on a bit later so send Wartorn a tell.

Soloing in CoV is pretty easy to be honest, virtually all the ATs can go it alone which isn't the same as CoH.

Once you've chosen your primary and secondary they're locked in, if you want to change either you'll have to reroll, if it's down to individual powers then a respec can sort that out, you'll have to earn one of those once you hit the twenties.

Poisons hasn't got a great rep by the way either so you're probably better off with FFs.

On the teaming, some people haven't got a clue and just rush in, they make things "interesting" but are usually a pain in the arse. If people aren't using F7, the "Ready!" key you can tell you're in for "fun", make sure you pack Awakens...

This space left intentionally blank.

• magicpanda 22 Jan 2006 17:54:25 13,248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cheers!

Is there a way of setting the diffculty of missions? Ive just realised something i did near the start may have affected this? Something to do with a title or similar? Ruthless mean anything to you?

Worst. manual. ever. :)
  • Whizzo 22 Jan 2006 18:05:35 43,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Go see a Fortunata to change your rep, you really don't want to be Ruthless until a lot later in the game! Drop it back to Villainous.

• magicpanda 22 Jan 2006 20:51:55 13,248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sorted!

things are much easier, cheers Whizzo
  • Ajay 23 Jan 2006 01:05:16 2,412 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's a lot of really helpful info tucked away in the in-game help system which you can find in the main drop down menu. Quite a lot of the more detailed stuff is in there, so it's a good place to stop by. Shame it's not advertised though =/

I'm having a short breather after getting Reb to 40, but I'll be back on soon enough. There'll be enough of us at high levels to help the rest of the VG level up pretty fast I think.

Edited by Ajay at 01:05:34 23-01-2006
  • magicpanda 23 Jan 2006 09:48:01 13,248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cheers Ajay, Ill check that out later, didn't even realise it was there, or at least not in any depth.

Got my first proper ninja last night.. not the grey clad poofters you get to start with... 2 levels to go untill I can fly. \o/

Still getting the hang of controlling 3 pets at once.. interested to see how many I will have in the end... will they keep on multiplying or will I have just one Uber ninja... watch this space.

Might reroll later before I get too invested in the scarlet harlet... the barrier/shield type powers are not really for me.. spend all my time in a team buffing everyone. (only for them to charge off randomly and get everyone killed)

Anyone got a good guide to enhancements?

Ive got a power called 'aimed shot': basically she gets a bow out and shoots someone in the face. Ive added 4 enhancement slots so far and in those ive put in 2 damage, 1 Accuracy and 1 to reduce the recharge time. Not sure if this is a good idea, if they can be replaced with something different, etc etc.

• Nuttah 23 Jan 2006 10:42:30 1,840 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'll be on later tonight, probably at 10 pm for a few hours.

Whats your toons name?
  • Whizzo 23 Jan 2006 10:43:21 43,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll be on at a similar time I should think, should hit 39 fairly soon.

• magicpanda 23 Jan 2006 11:04:31 13,248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nuttah, my toon is Scarlet Harlet, (ahem.. spelling is on purpose ;) I will be on about the same time and im in Port oakes atm. Heading over to Cap Du something or other as a mission im doing for a Radio is sending me over there.
  • Nuttah 23 Jan 2006 11:13:24 1,840 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    if whizzo doesnt, i'll add you to the Villian group when i'm on :)

i'll also try and sort out a TS2 server (if I can find out where i installed it) or vent

Edited by Nuttah at 11:13:52 23-01-2006
  • mentat 23 Jan 2006 11:20:36 5,613 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Panda, if you're a mastermind you should look into creating macros to command your pets. There's quite a lot about it in the help, but i think Whizzo's the ginnyous when it comes to that. It makes life a lot easier as a MM, and you also won't draw so much hate from the team when your ninjas go running all over doing strange things!
  • magicpanda 23 Jan 2006 11:38:35 13,248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sounds handy mentat, just looking up some guides now..

With the experience ive had of teaming so far, my ninjas are the most calm and collected toons in the group :D
  • magicpanda 24 Jan 2006 10:55:16 13,248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cheers for the supergroup invite chaps!

This game is absolutely bonkers... after I logged off with you nuttah I was up till 3 in the morning just playing around with the hero customisation.

Got a new Brute im gonna level up now i have a better idea of whats going on. Hes a giant red mutant/cyborg elvis look-a-like called Alterego.

Not sure which are the best two power sets to go with though.

Energy melee and Invunerabilty but im thinking Firey Aura or maybe the Dark armour might be better...?

/gets more coffee
  • kalel 24 Jan 2006 10:57:26 86,240 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fire = Damage. Fire Brutes are mean lean killing machines. The Dark ones are also extremely potent, but they have a bit of an endurance issue, and some recharge issues as well. I think Dark is a bit cooler myself, and I'm a fan of the "awkward sets", but Fire 4tW really.
  • eviltobz  24 Jan 2006 11:37:56 2,609 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    i really should log back in at some point.

ho hum.
  • Ajay 24 Jan 2006 11:43:26 2,412 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Magic Panda wrote:Energy melee and Invunerabilty but im thinking Firey Aura or maybe the Dark armour might be better...?/gets more coffee
    Rebuke's an EM/Invul build, and I like it a lot. The EM has very good single target damage output with a couple of swift fury builders and two excellent 'demolishing' moves in Total Focus and Energy Transfer.

Invulnerability gives decent damage resistance, status protection (protection to knockback, sleep, stun etc) plus a good self-heal with some HP boost. It's a very sturdy build, and despite what the critics say about brutes I've managed to do some reasonable tanking for the SG with him, even if I do say so myself =P
  • magicpanda 24 Jan 2006 11:52:25 13,248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Im going with.... Dark melee and Fire Aura. Super jump travel as well..

He looks like the incredible hulks bigger badder and redder brother. ;)

/still in absolute awe of the customisation options.
  • Ajay 24 Jan 2006 12:01:06 2,412 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It might be worth putting Brawl on autofire (Ctrl click on it) - after I started doing this I noticed my fury was building a lot quicker since it's such a fast, low end-cost attack. Just be careful of targetting nearby things you don't want to punch ;-)
  • magicpanda 24 Jan 2006 12:03:27 13,248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Heh Ill be punching anything that moves.....

RRRRAAAARRRGGGH SMASH!!!

/has a nice cup of tea

Looking forward to seeeing what the PvP has to offer and the whole base thing looks interesting.

Edited by Magic Panda at 12:05:02 24-01-2006
  • eviltobz  24 Jan 2006 12:44:23 2,609 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    Magic Panda wrote:
    Im going with.... Dark melee and Fire Aura. Super jump travel as well..

He looks like the incredible hulks bigger badder and redder brother. ;)

/still in absolute awe of the customisation options.
    same power sets as my brute who, it has to be said, was a lot of fun to play. it'll be especially nice once you get hold of a few of the aoe attacks.

had a great session with nuttah when i'd made him, underhunting large groups of greens/blues with my fiery aura laying waste to the fuckers. twas brilliant :)
  • Mr_Sleep 24 Jan 2006 12:51:07 16,838 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I should get around to starting to play again but me and the missus have been multiplaying NwN quite a bit and having great fun.

By the way, I'm "Evil Sleep" (put a lot of though into that :p) at the moment. Only a bit of a low level still, I think I'm level nine or so.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Nuttah 24 Jan 2006 13:03:54 1,840 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    on a base note:

I managed to find the lowly salvage needed to finally craft the "advanced database"

.. I kinda wish I hadn't. It is an advanced item and with that it costs a whopping 1.5 million to place

although it will give us an additional 500 control*

* and take away 500-1000 energy.......

• Xensor 24 Jan 2006 13:58:30 1,051 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    hi fellow heroes/villains :)

The EG men kinda died for a bit a while ago so all my toons are in The Forgotten Warriors (coh) and The Warriors Forgotten (cov). My global chat handle is @Xensor so look me up and we can set up a coalition :)

BTW we are always on the lookout for salvage components - i have amassed a hoard of tech components on CoV - 58 power, 58 materials, 2 prototypes and 2 hardware - that i'm looking to trade for equivalent arcane components. Again look me up and let me know. :)

Here's a list of all my alts on defiant (and i've had to start using union now too!)

Heroes
    Xensor Hellion lvl 50 blaster
    Succubus lvl 44 scrapper
    Tyr Lightstorm lvl 42 peacebringer
    Riftwalker lvl 34 defender
    Darklight Angel lvl 30 warshade
    Kontra lvl 20 controller
    Heat Shield lvl 13 tanker

Villains
    Essence of Death lvl 27 corruptor
    Xen Master lvl 23 mastermind
    Busta Bones lvl 12 brute
    Gaia's Revenge lvl 11 dominator
    Matron Malice lvl 10 stalker
  • Whizzo 24 Jan 2006 22:28:49 43,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    While I'd like to be considered the MacroMeister I actually just nicked most of mine from this thread, the splitting up your team and goto macros are musts to have.

My TP Foe and Detonater macros are all mine though! Not that they're that special... ;-)

• Whizzo 24 Jan 2006 22:30:20 43,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nuttah wrote:.. I kinda wish I hadn't. It is an advanced item and with that it costs a whopping 1.5 million to place
    Crikey, better off with the supercomputer by the sounds of things.

I know the monitor bank is a bit pointless but it does look quite nice and the control is higher than the console it replaced. However as it only adds 20 control for 15K less than another database I'm not too precious in expecting it to stick around. Not that we have the room to do much else with the base at the moment though.

• Whizzo 9 Feb 2006 13:10:15 43,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    /em dance

Heroes and villains teaming up, what ever next Wartorn goes shopping in Steel Canyon?

Hmm...

• kalel 9 Feb 2006 13:12:44 86,240 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    /em dance

Heroes and villains teaming up, what ever next Wartorn goes shopping in Steel Canyon?

Hmm...

You forgot to say what you're talking about... :p
  • Page

of 18 First / Last