The League Cup Page 3

• Page

of 189 First / Last

• THFourteen 22 Dec 2005 00:05:28 33,604 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well if thats what we have, then thats what we have

we'll do the best we can with them, and when the players come in and try their hardest like they did tonight for the first team, nobody will complain regardless of whether we win or lose.
  • Flightrisker 22 Dec 2005 00:11:39 18,138 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Well if thats what we have, then thats what we have

we'll do the best we can with them, and when the players come in and try their hardest like they did tonight for the first team, nobody will complain regardless of whether we win or lose.

Will you complain if your not in Europe next year :p
  • THFourteen 22 Dec 2005 00:17:17 33,604 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    'pends what you mean by complain

will i be dissapointed, suggest what we might do to improve the team, tell the scum at work to stop ripping the p1ss out of me and f off? well yes.

but will i whinge and moan about how boro are crap and dont deserve the uefa spot and liverpool were lucky to have the last champions league place, and wenger is crap and has to go, and all our players are shite? no. never. never have, never will.

jeebus i think i had a bit more to drink than i thought. going to bed
  • IMO 22 Dec 2005 00:35:26 5,680 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Didn't watch the whole game, listened to the tail-end of it on 5 Live. They ripped the piss out of Arsenal afterwards and talked about Arsenal as if we created nothing. I've just watched the highlights and Almunia excelled, we created a few chances and the beginning of something good was on show. Where were these same 'fans' who are now slating the players, manager, and not even bothering to stay until the end when Arsenal knocked Reading out of the Cup?

All credit to Doncaster, they played superbly, but what I saw was not enough to merit the impression of one-way traffic that was given over the radio. These are kids, Bentdner is A LOT of injuries away from getting anywhere near the first team, as is Song. These guys are used to playing matches against talented 16 year olds in the F.A. Reserve Premier League South Division. The exact reason why they play in the Carling Cup is to gain experience of such opponents, real opposition like Doncaster.

Once Arsenal have a 'poor' run of form, then Arsene doesn't have a clue, and the players are rubbish? Let's just see how
    people react when Arsenal are back to their best.

• morriss 22 Dec 2005 00:38:13 71,034 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    What is Cygan supposed to have done?

I didn't ask for fun you know! ;)
  • pistol 22 Dec 2005 08:43:01 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    Almunia, Poom, Gilbert, Eboue, Djourou, Senderos, Owusu Abeyie, Muamba, Hleb, Larsson, Van Persie, Lupoli, Bendtner, Song, Cygan, Gilberto

Oh Arsene you are playing a dangerous game against the mighty Rovers.

Bwahahahaha Pascal Cygan

I watched some of match last night and for a minute I thought they were playing Arsenal V Doncaster boys teams. Didn't recognise half of em...;-)

Then I realised most were from Arsenal's reserves.

Edited by pistol at 09:00:50 22-12-2005
  • Huntcjna 22 Dec 2005 09:27:38 13,877 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    What is Cygan supposed to have done?

Kicked 7 bells out of McIndoe on/or around the 15 minutes mark and got a yellow card for the trouble. Then about 5 minutes before the Arsenal goal (spawny deflections FTW!) he commited the exact same foul on the exact same player but showed more studs and this time doesn't get a card? WTF is that about?

I could almost have stomached the loss if it wasn't for the fact cygan shouldn't even have been on the field. The refereeing was a joke all night specifically on the offside decisions.

So to summarise Pascal Cygan = Twat
  • Dougs 22 Dec 2005 10:11:41 68,036 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fantastic, nothing like a "Lucky" Arsenal win to get everyone up in arms.
  • Stickman 22 Dec 2005 10:30:26 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:

Arsenal played great tonight, final ball lacking but the KIDS did bloody well. Just like vs Sheff Utd in the fa last year.

Phfft. You were rubbish that night, we were worse! Should have taken the game to you, but sat back like muppets. Once Paddy Kenny injured his hip, the shoot-out was over before it began, he could barely move!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Huntcjna 22 Dec 2005 10:32:49 13,877 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

Arsenal played great tonight, final ball lacking but the KIDS did bloody well. Just like vs Sheff Utd in the fa last year.

Phfft. You were rubbish that night, we were worse! Should have taken the game to you, but sat back like muppets. Once Paddy Kenny injured his hip, the shoot-out was over before it began, he could barely move!

Don't let it get to you Stickman you can get revenge next year in the Prem ;)
  • Stickman 22 Dec 2005 10:37:25 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    Stickman wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

Don't let it get to you Stickman you can get revenge next year in the Prem ;)

:D Very true! Although, I was watching Arsenal v Chelsea on Sunday, and it gave me 'the fear'. Mind you, our recent record against Prem teams has been fairly good.

Donny for promotion! My tenner's looking better and better every day!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• THFourteen 22 Dec 2005 10:41:04 33,604 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stickman wrote:

Really? I really enjoyed that game, thought it was our game of the season really.

Thought both teams tried their hardest, and yeah Kenny's injury didnt help - he's a damn fine keeper btw - but i love hard fought games like that. You could see how much it meant to the players.
  • Stickman 22 Dec 2005 10:47:33 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Stickman wrote:

Really? I really enjoyed that game, thought it was our game of the season really.

Thought both teams tried their hardest, and yeah Kenny's injury didnt help - he's a damn fine keeper btw - but i love hard fought games like that. You could see how much it meant to the players.

It was just a really frustrating match for me. We'd done the hard work at Highbury (which I thought was a great match) and got you back to ours, and we were all expecting a real blood and thunder performance. You had lots of stars out, and there was a feeling that we could really get amongst you. We ended up playing it like a non-event, and it was just angryfying!

I'll never forget our semi at Old Trafford the other year though. Now that was a good match! How Seaman kept out Peschisolido's header I'll never know.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• THFourteen 22 Dec 2005 11:07:25 33,604 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    I'll never forget our semi at Old Trafford the other year though. Now that was a good match! How Seaman kept out Peschisolido's header I'll never know.

They dont make football like that anymore. :(

• THFourteen 22 Dec 2005 11:39:12 33,604 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    Unless its Dudek saving from Shevchenko ;)

yeah that was good

(oh and before morriss gets here, you're posting in the wrong thread :-P )
  • THFourteen 22 Dec 2005 11:44:09 33,604 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :-D
  • morriss 22 Dec 2005 11:45:02 71,034 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Your both on my watch list now, you know that don't you?

/laminates
  • darkmorgado 22 Dec 2005 15:21:11 15,561 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Semi draw:

Man Utd v Blackburn

Arsenal v Wigan

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• cheese001 10 Jan 2006 22:30:39 813 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tomorrow will be better
  • IMO 10 Jan 2006 22:37:41 5,680 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    I could understand if they were playing Chelsea (or maybe any of the other big four),

Remember to call us when your fifteen minutes are up Furbs ;).
  • Razer 10 Jan 2006 22:43:31 1,068 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the problem at Wigan was, they've had something like 5 home games over the Xmas period. With season tickets not counting for tonights match, and everyone being completely brassed at this time of year, it's no surprise that there was a low attendance.

I think Arsenal only took around 900 supporters compared to the 5000 or so they took for the league game, so it's not just Wigan's fault either - everyone's skint :(

But I agree, if it was my team in their first semi final for a long long time, and with the way they have played so far this season (well, up until fairly recently anyway) I would have begged the money from somewhere to watch.
  • THFourteen 10 Jan 2006 23:03:41 33,604 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    hmmm not too disappointed with that.

just wait and see i guess.

shame reaching a cup final isn't arsene's priority from a fans point of view, but full marks to wigan, done great with major injuries during the game.

lets get em in the return!
  • Stickman 10 Jan 2006 23:05:56 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can totally understand the whole 'league's a priority' thing (*cough*Colchester), but once you're in the semis surely you play a full strength team? If my team got to the semis and stuck the reuerves out, I'd be a bit pissed off to be honest.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• THFourteen 10 Jan 2006 23:07:16 33,604 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stickman wrote:If my team got to the semis and stuck the reuerves out, I'd be a bit pissed off to be honest.

yeah. agree tbh.
  • Stickman 10 Jan 2006 23:10:22 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    Especially with the Mancs and Everton doing their best to fuck up our UEFA coefficient.

Exactly! People forget we're not just entitled to places because we're England, you know? Before you know it, you'll finish 6th and wonder why Kilmarnock are in Europe and you're not!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• THFourteen 10 Jan 2006 23:22:50 33,604 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    not a big fan of this comment either arsene

"At the moment we are short of players and will stick to the team I have unless we have some recoveries.

"There is not much choice and the Premiership and Champions League are our priorities. We will still try to pick a team to win and go through."

PS Furbs, good point.

PPS We are NOT out of this yet, i promise you. We're finished when i say we're finished and it aint yet.

Edited by THFourteen at 00:07:58 11-01-2006
  • faux-C 11 Jan 2006 00:11:34 9,397 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    FFS Wigan, sort it out!. First semifinal in I dont know how many years and you get an attendance of 12,181. I could understand if they were playing Chelsea (or maybe any of the other big four), but it was only Arsenal, its not like their team didnt have a chance.

Still, nice result. Gonna be a good game at Highbury.

Oiii! I'm from Wigan. Oi! I know this sort of thing has been wheeled out over and over again, but considering not so long ago we were playing at Springfield Park in front of average crowds of a coupla thousand, in the 3rd division (4th division if you're older than i, league 2 if you're a young 'un), and the match against Man City on boxing day had a new record crowd of 25,117, i think the fans can be excused a cold tuesday night against Arsene's reserves?
  • Aretak 11 Jan 2006 00:39:06 10,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The floodlight failure was the most entertaining thing about last night's game.
  • THFourteen 24 Jan 2006 17:31:34 33,604 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /reads drunken comments from last leg

hehe.

come on arsenal, come on arsenal, come on arsenal

hmmm i got 5 to spend tonight. pre match burger or pair of gloves. whats gonna keep me warmest :(
  • GingerMagician 24 Jan 2006 17:33:45 3,012 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    /reads drunken comments from last leg

hehe.

come on arsenal, come on arsenal, come on arsenal

hmmm i got 5 to spend tonight. pre match burger or pair of gloves. whats gonna keep me warmest :(
    The BSE burger........when your temperature's running at 115 degrees after you've contracted e-coli
  • Page

of 189 First / Last