The League Cup Page 5

• Page

of 190 First / Last

• squaylor 25 Jan 2006 08:50:15 3,737 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well done to Wigan, let's hope Rovers can do the business tonight and make the final again. If we do, there'll be no pies to be found in Cardiff that weekend... ;)
  • THFourteen 25 Jan 2006 09:10:32 34,167 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:Just suppose you end up 7th. Don't bother me mind.
    :(

I tell you if the twat who sits next to me laughs in my face one more time as i walk past this morning i'm going to staple him to the stationery cupboard by his nads
  • Dougs 25 Jan 2006 09:21:27 69,002 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It could have been worse, it could ahve been Grimsby.

Not annoyed about losing, c'est la vie, but am annoyed at the way we conceded again. Campbell better find some form soon, or we're in dire trouble. Mistakes I can accept from Swiss Phil, but now out apparent world class CB...

Hope Wigan win it though, fair play to them

• marilena 25 Jan 2006 09:35:58 8,203 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Mistakes I can accept from Swiss Phil, but now out apparent world class CB...

To be fair, Campbell did seem to know what he was doing most of the time and even made a world class tackle at one point. Questionable positioning when the ball is in the opposition's half, though.
  • THFourteen 25 Jan 2006 09:37:25 34,167 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    marilena wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Mistakes I can accept from Swiss Phil, but now out apparent world class CB...

To be fair, Campbell did seem to know what he was doing most of the time and even made a world class tackle at one point. Questionable positioning when the ball is in the opposition's half, though.
    I agree with Dougs, this is the second game in a row (and not the first time this season - Drogba anybody) where we've been repeatedly caught out by the simple hoofed ball over the top of the defence to a big fat striker.

Campbell's great on the ground.

Arsene - FIT IN SOME DEFENSIVE HEADING in training!!! GAH!
  • Dougs 25 Jan 2006 09:37:37 69,002 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    the recovery tackle he made was indeed world class, its just elementary mistakes and allowing himself to be outmuscled by combative strikers like Roberts and Beattie.....another one in Davies to look forward to on Sat!
  • marilena 25 Jan 2006 09:45:04 8,203 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:

I don't think it's about heading, rather about positioning and ability to use his own weight. Still, Cambell holds on well when compared to the bald lady playing alongside him.
  • Deleted user 25 January 2006 09:46:09
    I think our biggest problem at the back is that the CBs don't communicate properly, and no one seems to have leadership capabilities la Tony Adams.
    I noticed the following:
    -Toure/Campbell works, as they both are accomplished CBs
    -Toure/Senderos works as they both speak French
    -Campbell/Senderos doesn't work, they're not coordinated and Campbell doesn't seem to want to shout at the guy

Overall this season I think our biggest problem is not only missing Viera, but more importantly missing a proper LB as both Cole and Clichy are injured. It deprives Arsenal of a lot of attacking and challenging options on our left side, so not only are we a lot less covered on that flank, we're also not winning enough balls down that flank, and depriving our strikers from a whole lot of supply.
    Once both Cole and Clichy are back I think we'll be a lot better.
  • Deleted user 25 January 2006 09:53:05
    Furbs wrote:
    LeDilettante wrote:
    Once both Cole and Clichy are back I think we'll be a lot better.
    'Till he goes to Spain :p

I'll believe when I see it, just like TH off to Barcelona. Besides, Clichy has the potential to be just as good as Cole.
  • Huntcjna 25 Jan 2006 09:55:37 13,877 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really enjoyed the game last night it was fantastic. Particular highlights were Henry taking Gilbert (who looks a damn fine attacking right back with quick feet) to the fans to thank him for his sublime cross for the first goal. Wigans winner and then the Wigan chairman going over to the fans and celebrating with them particularly taking time to congratulate the disabled fans.

I was happy Wigan won it in the manner they did more so because of what you did to my home town side in the previous round. It seems that what goes around comes around.
  • THFourteen 25 Jan 2006 09:55:58 34,167 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    marilena wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

I don't think it's about heading, rather about positioning and ability to use his own weight. Still, Cambell holds on well when compared to the bald lady playing alongside him.
    I don't know anything about football. Last time i played I fell over and hurt my arse after going for a header and had to sit down for 5 minutes.

It's just obvious that somethings wrong and they can't defend these long hoofed balls.

One thing i've noticed recently is that we're also trying a lot of long hoofed balls at the moment. But we suck at them. Maybe in training, our attackers are playing these crappy long hoofed balls and our defenders are going "hmm this is easy to defend against", whereas in reality, its cos we suck at long hoofed balls.
  • marilena 25 Jan 2006 10:11:19 8,203 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I remember the Drogba goal (or were there two?), it was the same thing. Senderos was marking the man, they were one on one, but as soon as the ball fell on Drogba, he pushed Senderos out of the way like he wasn't there.
  • kalel 25 Jan 2006 10:16:59 89,114 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone see Egypt Vs Morocco last night? Worst game of football I have ever seen, ever, like...EVER.
  • Huntcjna 25 Jan 2006 20:49:50 13,877 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its a decent game this great save from the penalty from friedel.
  • Huntcjna 25 Jan 2006 20:53:09 13,877 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He followed Von Nistelroom down the tunnel and either stuck the boot in or started some fisticuffs which then meant all the other players ran into the tunnel and started a mass brawl.

Then one of the stewards pushed the sky sports camera away the fucking tool.
  • Deleted user 25 January 2006 20:53:54
    What's the score?

/prays for a Wigan v Blackburn final
  • morriss 25 Jan 2006 20:54:48 71,283 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    1-1
  • Huntcjna 25 Jan 2006 20:54:52 13,877 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    1 - 1 at half time and friedel saved a pen from Van
  • Dougs 25 Jan 2006 20:55:25 69,002 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Missed it all, was too busy getting women to touch lady bumps.
  • Deleted user 25 January 2006 20:56:00
    Think I'll go and watch this.
  • THFourteen 25 Jan 2006 20:58:52 34,167 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    what i dont understand is, its every bloody game with savage.

not like vieira or roy keane who used to get in trouble every now and then.

all the fans can see it.

why doesnt the FA crack down on him and tell him to behave

its like if you're at school, repeated offences get you expelled in the end.
  • Dougs 25 Jan 2006 20:59:54 69,002 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    And do you know the most amazing thing about the odious twat? He's never been sent off. AFAIK anyway.
  • IMO 25 Jan 2006 21:02:04 5,712 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    what i dont understand is, its every bloody game with savage.

not like vieira or roy keane who used to get in trouble every now and then.

all the fans can see it.

why doesnt the FA crack down on him and tell him to behave

its like if you're at school, repeated offences get you expelled in the end.

With Vieira and definitely Keane, I believe it was their passion that boiled over, Savage is just a prick trying to get someone sent off or wind them up all the time. Can anyone imagine Vieira or Keane going down like he did when Reyes flicked his hair? Keane would have ripped off that hand and put it in his pocket!
  • Dougs 25 Jan 2006 21:03:59 69,002 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just done a quick reccy (soccerbase is your friend). The only red card he's had was this year for Wales against NI. Amazing seeing as he picked up 20 yellows in 2001/02.....
  • THFourteen 25 Jan 2006 21:06:27 34,167 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    IMO wrote:
    Can anyone imagine Vieira going down like he did when Reyes flicked his hair?
    No

LOL how did you remember that one!!

oh note to ALL football fans, avoid five live tomorrow evening like the absolute plague.
  • IMO 25 Jan 2006 21:09:26 5,712 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    IMO wrote:
    Can anyone imagine Vieira going down like he did when Reyes flicked his hair?
    No

He was worried about getting tackled?!?!?111

/shifty-eyes
  • THFourteen 25 Jan 2006 21:11:25 34,167 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    oh note to ALL football fans, avoid five live tomorrow evening like the absolute plague.
    Is Fat Fuck Sam giving an interview?
    worse. much worse
    its OFFICIAL CHELSEA NIGHT.

Dear lord.

2-1 utd.
  • morriss 25 Jan 2006 21:16:17 71,283 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MGP on his way?

\o/
  • Dougs 26 Feb 2006 11:25:40 69,002 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Come on Wigan, at least give me something to smile about this weekend! Can't see it though. Utd 2-0
  • mcmonkeyplc 26 Feb 2006 11:27:54 39,508 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I predict a riot.

2-1 Wigan and im a man utd fan!

If Darren fletcher plays add more goals to wigan :(

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Page

of 190 First / Last