• JediMasterMalik 31 Oct 2008 13:00:12 11,820 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's out, yes.

Small insignificant spoiler it has a vaguely racist angel in it :D
  • magicpanda 31 Oct 2008 13:06:55 13,411 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My missus is convinced I have a mancrush for Dean.

Ahem.. anyway.

Just found The Dean Scream :D
  • DFawkes 1 Nov 2008 20:44:33 23,361 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Castiel is awesome. An angel that is humanised by his doubts and character flaws. I like that, as if Lucifer is supposed to be a fallen angel, that should also mean angels aren't perfect. In Supernatural at least.

I'm sticking the Dean Scream as my blurb, that is the best piece of television ever acted in the history of acting. Ever.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• DFawkes 7 Nov 2008 22:01:48 23,361 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just watched the latest one, and the series is certainly still on form.

it just me, or is there somethig tragic yet hilarious about a giant living Teddy that is so depressed he tries to commit suicide (leaving his suicide note in big letters on a chalkboard) and the camera panned over to show a puff of stuffing?

I have no idea where the writers got that idea, but it was also a bit touching too - his situation reminded me of Jack Harkness in Torchwood. A Teddy that can't die. Plus Dean has finally admitted he remembers his stay in Hell. As ever, a little arc plot alongside a great episode story.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• WrongShui 7 Nov 2008 22:16:19 6,620 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The last two series were good, but this has been awesome so far.
  • JediMasterMalik 8 Nov 2008 01:10:11 11,820 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:

it just me, or is there somethig tragic yet hilarious about a giant living Teddy that is so depressed he tries to commit suicide (leaving his suicide note in big letters on a chalkboard) and the camera panned over to show a puff of stuffing?

Agreed, that bit was awesome, though I did see it coming. Overall it was a great episode. Kinda sad at the end, and a bit awkward (for them I mean, emotionally).
  • northside 8 Nov 2008 01:55:51 637 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    i really enjoyed the last episode, it was funny and touching at the end. Am relly enjoying season 4 so far, my only complaint is that there have been a few too many comedy episodes.
  • JediMasterMalik 21 Nov 2008 16:28:49 11,820 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Another awesome episode. :D
  • Dire 21 Nov 2008 20:17:32 1,345 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    is alistair dead or alive?!
  • JediMasterMalik 21 Nov 2008 21:09:42 11,820 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It looked like he died, never can be too sure for the stronger ones. I do wonder why Castiel thought he could take him but couldn't.
  • DFawkes 23 Nov 2008 01:46:35 23,361 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No spoiler tags anymore, huh? Though it's just a few that post here anyway.

From what Alistar said, I get the impression he's real high up, higher in Hell than Cast is in Heaven. I bet Alistar has seen Lucifers face, while Castiel hasn't seen Gods. I think he just assumed as an angel he couldsend Alistar back - maybe a tad of that angel arrogance.

Good to see they've throttled back on the comedy eps - the end of this one certainly wasn't a rib-tickler! I'm still betting on the season finale going quite badly. EDIT: Especially since this link would suggest 5 seasons for the current arc at least. Season 4 = bad things. Season 5 = fixing them in an epic manor. It'll still rule though.

• JediMasterMalik 23 Nov 2008 12:51:03 11,820 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anna did say that only 4 angels have seen the face of God, those'll be the arch-angels then (unless they've changed the stories around). So yeah, I doubt Castiel had seen God.
  • DFawkes 24 Nov 2008 12:27:52 23,361 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That arch what now? For someone who count themselves as Christian, I know fuck all about the Bible, and will most likely burn forever. At least I'll crack quicker than Dean and enjoy torturing others after... ooh, I reckon 6 minutes.

Having a look on good old Wikipedia, Uriel is named as one in the Protestant Bible. Do you think seeing the face of God makes you despise His creations, or that it's more likely it's just another Uriel entirely? It'd be interesting if Uriel had been tainted by seeing His face somehow, like having seen a really good movie you don't tollerate crap ones anymore.

• JediMasterMalik 24 Nov 2008 13:51:39 11,820 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh I was mistaken, there are 4 in Islam but not Christianity, in which there are 7 apparently.

It'd be funny if they were going the Islamic route for the whole god thing :D

Althought Uriel being one of the 4 doesn't make that much sense to me, you'd think the strongest angels would still be doing other stuff while Castiel and Uriel were on earth.
  • magicpanda 15 Jan 2009 17:15:26 13,411 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's back today Supernatural Fans! \o/
  • AdmiralPellaeon 15 Jan 2009 17:31:41 347 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know what channel & Time ?

Magic Panda
  • AdmiralPellaeon 15 Jan 2009 17:40:15 347 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have looked through all the listings & as far as I know series 4 does not start untill Sunday 25th January 9pm on ITV2 - double episode

• JediMasterMalik 15 Jan 2009 17:41:55 11,820 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think MP meant the US version, means it'll be up on the net tomorrow.
  • AdmiralPellaeon 15 Jan 2009 17:50:01 347 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers Jedi Malik

I will just have to wait then !
  • DFawkes 15 Jan 2009 18:04:57 23,361 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. Oh, and there was something else... ah, can't wait :D

Is it a double in the US too? My usual source has it up in time for bed (just) and I'm tempted to stay up for it, despite work tomorrow.

• DaisyD 15 Jan 2009 18:09:18 11,826 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. Oh, and there was something else... ah, can't wait :D

Is it a double in the US too? My usual source has it up in time for bed (just) and I'm tempted to stay up for it, despite work tomorrow.

No it wasn't a double episode. They're half the series in over there too, although they've just had a break.
  • DFawkes 16 Jan 2009 22:02:36 23,361 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well it's been up for a while now, what did people think?

It wasn't a standout episode for me, but average Supernatural episodes are like the best ones of most other series anyway.

Was really surprised with the episodes contriobution to the arc, in that Dean liked torturing. I have a feeling this might be important later on. I could see his logic, but still surprising.

Forgot it's square brackets for spoiler tags :p

• Hunam 16 Jan 2009 22:07:41 20,674 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was a good episode for a monster of the week style, but I was begging for more angel on demon action as the arc this season is amazing, I'm thinking the ending will be like a pure act of god, like at the last episode of the season it all gets so fucked up with the angels and lillith that god himself has to intervene, which will cause massive repercussions.

My other theory is that Azezal was actually trying to destroy Lucifer and not set him free, hence needing to raise and army on earth. Would be quite the turn around if that was true, just random thoughts anyway.
  • FixedInfinity 17 Jan 2009 12:56:35 1,682 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good episode. The first half was a lot better than the second half. Mainly due to it being quite tense.
    Glad this is back on now though. Has next season been confirmed yet?
  • urban 17 Jan 2009 13:07:06 10,978 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    watched the first two episodes of the first season.

pretty good actually
  • Hunam 17 Jan 2009 13:16:20 20,674 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FixedInfinity wrote:
    Good episode. The first half was a lot better than the second half. Mainly due to it being quite tense.
    Glad this is back on now though. Has next season been confirmed yet?

No yet, but it's almost a sure thing, specially as the creator/exec producer says the show was supposed to be 5 arcs in total so I don't see why they wouldn't let them have their last intended season.
  • FixedInfinity 17 Jan 2009 13:28:33 1,682 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It looks like this seasons ratings have been better than last seasons, so hopefully that is a good sign.
  • northside 17 Jan 2009 14:00:49 637 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The first season is still my favourite, but S4 is running it pretty close.
  • Gradius 18 Jan 2009 11:55:19 2,305 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    When is this on? Is it on ITV2 yet? If not, where can I watch it in decent quality?
  • DFawkes 19 Jan 2009 09:02:23 23,361 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gradius wrote:
    When is this on? Is it on ITV2 yet? If not, where can I watch it in decent quality?

It's not on ITV2 yet, but there are trailers for it, so it'll be soon. Despite having seen them, I'll be watching again as I'm loving this season.

As for watching it, there are several places that do it, but their legality is questionable. I don't think it'd be against the rules to suggest googling it. Or of course, never ignore Nintendo justifying absolutely vile images, destroying every other. *cough*

• Page

of 21 First / Last