Supernatural Page 20

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• delbert 26 Sep 2011 14:59:34 2,889 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /Buys

Oops I mean no.. some more mainstream suggestions please so that my internal magpie/bank manager can fight it out ta
  • HoriZon 26 Sep 2011 15:10:05 13,496 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Its a bit of a chick fest show.

Its not better than Buffy or Angel.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• richarddavies 26 Sep 2011 15:11:07 2,581 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah it's like a better version of Angel. I'd go with that. It's been getting a bit saturated lately since Twighlight with teh amount of Supernatural themed shows coming out but I think this is better than most of them if not the best one.
  • psychokitten Moderator 26 Sep 2011 15:11:11 7,794 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The only show I can think of off-hand to compare it to is Buffy, but with attractive men instead of a girl, and a bit edgier/darker at times. Like any show that is on this long, it has ups and downs, but overall it's really solid with some really funny moments/episodes thrown in.

Maybe see if you can catch a few eps on TV, or, somewhere.
  • richarddavies 26 Sep 2011 15:12:03 2,581 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I watched some Buffy and Angel for the first time in years the other week. They are REALLY gayer than I remember.
  • richarddavies 26 Sep 2011 15:17:50 2,581 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah if you can get over the awkward moments when Sams fucking droolin at the mouth looking at Dean it's a damn good show. And now I think about it he's calmed down alot with that in the past few series.
  • delbert 26 Sep 2011 15:22:33 2,889 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmm think bank manager has beat magpie for now and I will do the sensible thing and try and get hold of a taster of S1.. Sure with the 6 Season boxset on the horizon it will be discounted more in the Xmas build up..

Thanks for all the help though :)
  • BinaryBob101 26 Sep 2011 16:28:22 22,278 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You can skip most of season one, as the stuff that isn't arc is a bit, well, crappy tbh.

A good first episode there though, I like the new, crazy psycho Cas a lot. He seemed to be channelling a bit of Heath Ledger's Joker in the last minute.

Beautiful tender beings.

• ghearoid 26 Sep 2011 17:14:38 2,295 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    Yeah if you can get over the awkward moments when Sams fucking droolin at the mouth looking at Dean...

Always my favourite part of the show. ;o)
  • Ged42 1 Oct 2011 20:55:03 7,700 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lucifer is so cool, almost as cool asDr. Sexy MD

Since the season seems to be about Leviathan, I wonder if the boys will summon Behemoth to battle them?

Maybe Bobby will come back as it
  • Deleted user 1 October 2011 20:59:39
    How good is this? It's not like Dr who is it you know crappy effects.
  • WrongShui 1 Oct 2011 21:34:40 6,598 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's great, it's not sci fi and the effects are good.

I wonder if all episodes this season will run on from each other or it's just some sort of three part opener.
  • Ged42 8 Oct 2011 19:09:20 7,700 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dammit, I don't know which Pond is cuter. My missus is not happy that I spoiled her oggling of Jared, but oggling the older of this week's feme fatalle.
  • HoriZon 2 Nov 2011 13:53:43 13,496 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Season 7 has dropped the ball tbh, 6 wasn't great now its awful.

• roz123 2 Nov 2011 14:09:59 7,112 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The bit with the singing in the car was great
  • cjb_bjc 3 Nov 2011 14:30:40 1,037 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, IGN hated on this episode but it was one of my favourites for a while now. Especially the singing in the Impala, I've gotta say it is dropping in quality now and some of the arcs are becoming really boring. Hopefully they can build up to a great finale
  • BinaryBob101 3 Nov 2011 15:14:57 22,278 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think the problem is there's nowhere left for the characters to go. They've all betrayed each other in so many ways imaginable, that the writers are now at the point of implosion down too many one way streets.

Shame really, it should have ended a couple of seasons ago on a high.

They could have had some fun with the Butch and Sundance theme which was mentioned a couple of pages ago, but they seem to be dropping the ball a bit with that too, although there are glimmers.

Beautiful tender beings.

• cjb_bjc 22 Nov 2011 09:37:05 1,037 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Soooooooooooo Bobby!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!
  • GuitarWolf 26 Nov 2011 22:16:56 168 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    You can skip most of season one, as the stuff that isn't arc is a bit, well, crappy tbh.

A good first episode there though, I like the new, crazy psycho Cas a lot. He seemed to be channelling a bit of Heath Ledger's Joker in the last minute.
    I disagree! Season 1 was the best in my opinion. If I recall correctly, every episode would be something new and interesting instead of the same old demon and angel crap. And it was before Dean became a moany bitch.
  • RMXtreme 3 Dec 2011 16:53:50 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well that was a surprisingly great episode, best in a long, long while.
  • Ged42 3 Dec 2011 21:32:34 7,700 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yep definitely a really good one, especially the ending.

which I'm not even going to risk posting even with spoiler tags
  • HoriZon 3 Dec 2011 23:59:25 13,496 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Balls!

• BinaryBob101 13 Feb 2012 16:36:41 22,278 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So, this has pretty much jumped the shark in the last episode.

Unicorns with rainbows coming out of their arses as the big bad of the week!?!?!? Crazy.

And Bobby's not coming back either.

I'll still watch as I enjoy the interplay between Sam and Dean, but it's gone of the boil bigtime.

Beautiful tender beings.

• DFawkes 13 Feb 2012 17:07:15 22,584 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nah, it's still as awesome as ever, especially the unicorn. Unicorns always improve things! Even if I'd stopped enjoying it I'd paint the shark jumping line WAY earlier, when the balance of light hearted & horror episodes started to edge more towards the former.

It still has the same core as ever though - a show about 2 brothers who hunt things. It's that relationship that has kept it relatively stable - all other characters have come and gone, just 2 central characters means they can build on them. The bromance is key, which is the bit you say you still enjoy. I will admit it's a shame there isn't more focus on that sometimes, and they don't seem to know where to go with the whole Dean is an Alcoholic thing.

I'd still prefer if it didn't settle back into the "monster of the week" format so often, even if they did do a little lampshade hanging with the phone box scene, but it's still as enjoyable as ever.

Most of this is just differing opinions though, but unicorns improving anything they appear in is simple, objective fact ;)

Edited by DFawkes at 17:08:03 13-02-2012

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Page

of 21 First / Last