• absolutezero 8 Jun 2008 16:00:35 7,956 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its back!!

\m/ Season 3 continues tonight at 9
  • magicpanda 1 Jul 2008 12:11:20 13,256 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finished Season 3 of this the other night, it's just got better and better with each season imo.

Looks shit on paper but this is cracking TV, I really like how it's not afraid to take the piss out of itself. The Groundhog Day episode had me in stitches.

Anyone who likes Buffy, Angel and that sort of thing should really check it out.

It's been confirmed for a 4th season. \o/
  • Knighty 1 Jul 2008 13:51:10 978 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yea, it is super awesome. That last scene of the last episode was fantastic. Looking forward to S4, any idea when it starts?
  • magicpanda 1 Jul 2008 13:51:56 13,256 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    September I think.
  • daz_john_smith 1 Jul 2008 20:21:51 1,636 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A great show, that does get better and better, but it has to be said that season 3 was definitely hurt by the Writers Strike. The last few episodes leading up to the finale were all a little lacklustre with little buildup for the approaching conclusion and then the finale felt a little rushed. It was really crying out for a 2 parter end to the season. Interesting cliffhangar ending, cant wait to see where it goes.
    Still doesn't beat the cliffhangar from season 1, that one I didn't see coming.
  • magicpanda 20 Sep 2008 00:48:42 13,256 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Annnnd... Season 4 has just kicked off.
  • Xerx3s 20 Sep 2008 01:29:36 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    \0/ It's like this awesome mix between buffy and the xfiles. :D
  • Knighty 20 Sep 2008 08:26:19 978 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ta for the reminder.

Edit - Just watched the first episode. All sorts of awesomeness.
  • AdmiralPellaeon 20 Sep 2008 11:13:36 346 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    what has season 4 started already ?

shit, I did not see any hype about this
  • DaisyD 20 Sep 2008 11:15:58 11,818 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's started again? \o/

/should have kept up with her Supernatural widget to find out when really.
  • DFawkes 20 Sep 2008 11:30:06 22,584 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I almost did this in the Smallville thread, but Holy. Shit. That was my favourite episode of Supernaturnal full stop (Season 4 opener). Reading everyone elses comments, it's apparent not many have seen it so I won't spoil it (or even tempt you with spoiler tags) but there was nothing not good about it.

I wasn't sure where they'd go after that downbeat finale, but if this episode is anything to go by this season will be the best thing ever, and not just on TV.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• DaisyD 20 Sep 2008 23:43:51 11,818 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just watched the first episode. Oh My!
  • JediMasterMalik 22 Sep 2008 13:31:09 11,826 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ep 1 spoilers ahead!

Really really fucking amazing episode, glad to see them take the God/angels angle after being so demon obsessed, some people may have a problem with it, perhaps because they are really religious or perhaps because of the opposite, but I thought it was fucking great.

I predict that the angel will tell Dean to prevent Sam from turning Evil by using his powers. After all, Sam's powers are from a demon, using them may make him more susceptible to Evil and such. Plus Ruby is still a demon, regardless of whether she's helping him or not.
  • DaisyD 22 Sep 2008 19:27:43 11,818 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just a little suggestion JediMasterMalik, but you should probably put that all in a spoiler tag.

I like the angel. :D
  • DaisyD 22 Sep 2008 19:27:49 11,818 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • JediMasterMalik 22 Sep 2008 22:11:20 11,826 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Done
  • SlackMaster 22 Sep 2008 22:14:31 3,132 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I though I was the only one that watched this a aguilty pleasure. Great show and it keeps getting better. Didn't realise S4 had started so keep to watch it after the S3 cliffhanger in hell.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• ghearoid 22 Sep 2008 22:18:50 2,295 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah, I love this show now. I was only vaguely aware of it as it was on telly at an odd time when I wouldn't be home. Anyway, I've watched the first three seasons over the last month and I'm totally hooked on it.

It's very well put together, with memorable characters often returning from previous episodes. Plus, having two hot guys in the lead roles helps. ;o)
  • Whizzo 22 Sep 2008 22:21:21 43,032 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    I quite like the show but it has "cancelled mid-season" written all over it.
    /Joeys self

I should try and catch up! :-P

This space left intentionally blank.

• FixedInfinity 22 Sep 2008 22:48:36 1,682 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bit annoyed they didn't keep on the woman playing Ruby as they said it was getting too expensive to have extra cast members, but they then go and cast someone else...
  • magicpanda 24 Sep 2008 11:39:28 13,256 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • DFawkes 17 Oct 2008 19:33:24 22,584 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I take it no-one else has been watching lately, but it has been a good season so far, IMO anyway.

The latest one was really good. Since it's US, I'll spoiler-a-fy it.

The second the old black & white WB logo came up, I immediately thought of Van Helsing and its relishing the old monster movies. That ran throughout the entire show, and the bad guy really vamped it up (no pun intended). I thought it was really touching when he started explaining why he did it - I could almost sympathise. Except for the murdering, obviously.

Not the best in the season (my fav was the season opener), but really good, in a cheesy way. Plus Deans' rehymenation is a good theological conversation starter.

• magicpanda 17 Oct 2008 19:40:16 13,256 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not seen the very latest one but its shaping up to be the best season yet.
  • magicpanda 25 Oct 2008 15:18:01 13,256 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Great new episode, (no 6) make sure to watch the credits :D
  • FixedInfinity 25 Oct 2008 15:31:00 1,682 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So far this series has been excellent.
    It really is a great format that I could see going on for ages and still being good.
    Unlike certain other tv series which although they are good, they really need an ending.
  • DFawkes 26 Oct 2008 22:13:03 22,584 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Magic Panda wrote:
    Great new episode, (no 6) make sure to watch the credits :D

Never a truer world. I almost missed it, but the timer said it had minutes to go.

As for the episode itself: I must've watched Deans' reaction to the cat jumping out the locker 5 times, it was so OTT I couldn't not watch! The fact Dean got infected because he's basically a dick was one of many genius things in that episode. The bit about the FBI badges being real also got me.

Supernatural just keeps getting stronger, whislt other series run out of steam. There is the risk of too many comedy episodes if they're not careful, but so far they always manage to make sure the shows are tense enough to counter it becoming too much. I really love this show.

• JediMasterMalik 27 Oct 2008 00:43:51 11,826 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He didn't get infected because he was a dick, it was some mysterious secret he's keeping that will be revealed in Ep 10 (confirmed by the director), the dick thing was a joke. Awesome ep though, and I also watched that bit again, Dean's face was priceless. :D

Also, Castiel back in the next ep, or so I hear. Fuck yeah!

Didn't think much of the previous episode, but this was great, along with Sam's lack of luck episode, this series can do comedy really really well.
  • DFawkes 27 Oct 2008 10:34:35 22,584 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't realise about the dick thing, but it was nice that all the victims were dicks. Except Dean, who's a bit dickish at times but for all the right reasons. Usually.

I do like Castiel, with the hint of wrathfulness. Glad to hear he's back sooner rather than later. Plus any appearance from Bobby is good news :D

Does anyone else think that by the end of this series, we're going to have Lucifer on Earth? I wouldn't but it past the writers to make the worst happen - like certain main characters enjoy brief stints in Hell.

• JediMasterMalik 31 Oct 2008 12:52:46 11,826 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Great episode this week, I love how they manage to get so much into an episode and yet not make it feel rushed.
  • magicpanda 31 Oct 2008 12:59:45 13,256 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yes, Deans' reaction to the cat jumping out the locker almost made me laugh up a lung :D

EP7 out I then take it? \o/

For me it's gone from guilty pleasure to really excellent TV.

• Page

of 21 First / Last