The Eurogamer HDTV Guide Page 109

  • Page

    of 136 First / Last

  • PhoenixFlames 8 Dec 2012 09:24:20 8,942 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    I have to admit, the worst thing I've bought in the last year was a 3DTV. I thought I'd use it loads, but I haven't used the 3D since the second week of owning it (January).
    I haven't used the 3D on mine but I didn't buy it for that, it just happens that most have it now. I got a 47" inch LED Full HD, because its big, thin and well, full HD.

    PSN - phoenix1flames

  • Gambit1977 8 Dec 2012 10:49:24 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    I have to admit, the worst thing I've bought in the last year was a 3DTV. I thought I'd use it loads, but I haven't used the 3D since the second week of owning it (January).
    I haven't used the 3D on mine but I didn't buy it for that, it just happens that most have it now. I got a 47" inch LED Full HD, because its big, thin and well, full HD.
    Sounds exactly like mine mate. If it wasn't for the size, I'd put my 42" panny back. Now that was a tv.
  • PhoenixFlames 8 Dec 2012 10:55:36 8,942 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    I have to admit, the worst thing I've bought in the last year was a 3DTV. I thought I'd use it loads, but I haven't used the 3D since the second week of owning it (January).
    I haven't used the 3D on mine but I didn't buy it for that, it just happens that most have it now. I got a 47" inch LED Full HD, because its big, thin and well, full HD.
    Sounds exactly like mine mate. If it wasn't for the size, I'd put my 42" panny back. Now that was a tv.
    I had a 42" Samsung Plasma, this LG LED is far superior.

    PSN - phoenix1flames

  • Lexmeister 8 Dec 2012 12:42:55 24 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not online, but if you have a Costco near you they have a Panasonic Viera 1080p 50" plasma for about £418 inc VAT.

    My sister was looking for a 32" small tv for her room. I nudged her towards this. It's huuuuge!
  • Gambit1977 8 Dec 2012 13:05:41 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I live on a tiny island with no decent stores :(
  • TVoJ 8 Dec 2012 13:21:08 1,852 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What do people think about this? It's a bargain price but unsure about the manufacturer.

    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/furrion-55-full-hd-1080p-led-tv-freeview-black-now-399-99-ebuyer-2-year-warranty-1396814
  • Dougs 8 Dec 2012 14:09:14 67,016 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's anew one on me. Likely to be a branded panel but who knows!
  • Trafford 15 Dec 2012 23:17:50 5,714 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Took delivery of my Philips 6900 LED today.
    Very happy with the picture, watched Back to the Future 2 earlier on ITVHD, amazing clarity.
    I've never gamed in 1080p before, Mass Effect 3 looked weird frankly, PacMan CE DX sublime.

    Went online briefly using my phones proxy wifi setting.
    Once I get broadband installed in the flat, I think I'll be subscribing to the Brazzers app;)

    Question about the freeview please, I'm getting no BBC 2,3&4, or the BBC Radio channels?
    Do I need to upgrade it?

    Edit. Nevermind, the channel list updated overnight, all there now.

    Edited by Trafford at 08:08:18 16-12-2012
  • ElectricDemon 28 Dec 2012 01:20:40 2,417 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Apologies if this isn't the right place to post this, but I figured it was preferable to starting a new thread.

    Basically, I was hoping someone might be able to help me configure my screen settings (Contrast, Colour and such) for use with my 360 Elite (through HDMI)to get them as nice-looking as possible/see the colours and such as they were "intended" - this is something that's long overdue, but I've just kinda put it off.

    I've got a Samsung Syncmaster 932MW, it's a fair few years old now but it's served me well enough. Thus far Google has failed me for answers - are there any games for instance I can use as a "standard" to configure to? Also, any ideas as to which of the settings I should use on the 360 itself (like the Reference levels)?

    Cheers guys!
  • Deleted user 2 January 2013 21:46:46
    do we have a PVR/TiVO etc thread?

    what's the best setup? humax freeview HD PVR? youview? apple TV + PVR? xbox + parents' sky go + freeview HD + netflix?

    so many options in this space; wish someone would release a killer app catch-all
  • nickthegun 2 Jan 2013 21:49:45 59,316 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Youview is rly gud. One of my mates got one free with a talktalk line and its typical humax quality.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Dougs 2 Jan 2013 21:52:34 67,016 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The downside of course is that he has to suffer a talk talk line. Christ, they are shit.
  • Deleted user 2 January 2013 22:01:08
    I'm thinking of ditching virgin TiVO (expensive; slow) in favour of the youview humax (retaining my virgin line) but want to explore all the options first.
  • Deleted user 3 January 2013 14:21:03
    bump for the day crowd

    anyone with a strong view on the best setup?
  • Deleted user 3 January 2013 14:37:25
    is there any reason to get the youview humax box over humaxís ordinary HD PVR? doesnít the latter have youtube, netflix, 4oD, 5oD, iplayer etc? and itíll be cheaper
  • Buztafen 3 Jan 2013 15:02:35 16,147 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    cozeny wrote:
    do we have a PVR/TiVO etc thread?

    what's the best setup? humax freeview HD PVR? youview? apple TV + PVR? xbox + parents' sky go + freeview HD + netflix?

    so many options in this space; wish someone would release a killer app catch-all
    Im with you there, the last time i looked into this there was just Freeview and Freesat aswell as Sky available where i live, now there's loads!

    YouView
    Virgin Tivo
    That BT shit (or is that now YouView branded?)
    Freeview HD
    Freesat HD (which is what im on at the mo, shite channel selection though)
    Sky

    What the difference between them all?

    Edited by Buztafen at 15:02:57 03-01-2013
  • souvlaki 21 Jan 2013 15:09:01 717 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm looking for something around 42" that is light enough to stick on a plasterboard wall and has a thin bezel. Anything I've seen that ticks those boxes tends to be loaded with internet capability and apps galore which I don't need given it will be hooked up to a PC.

    Edit - it doesn't need a TV tuner or FreeSat either as I don't have a TV License and just watch streams etc.

    Any suggestions?

    Edited by souvlaki at 15:10:11 21-01-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Jan 2013 16:54:50 10,502 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm struggling to decide between the Panasonic 65" ST50 or VT50, the VT is clearly better and much prettier but is it worth the extra cash?
    Hmm...

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • kalel 28 Jan 2013 16:56:40 86,743 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How much extra?
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Jan 2013 17:06:21 10,502 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    How much extra?
    In Switzerland it's 50% more.

    The equivalent of 1350 quid and 2000.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • kalel 28 Jan 2013 17:07:56 86,743 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blimey, quite a lot.

    I was about to say that if it's an amount of money you'd forget you'd spent in a few years then fuck it, but that's quite significant.
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Jan 2013 17:10:35 10,502 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Blimey, quite a lot.

    I was about to say that if it's an amount of money you'd forget you'd spent in a few years then fuck it, but that's quite significant.
    Yeah, I might hold off for a month or two and see if there are further drops as the new model launches get closer.
    The ST50 is amazing value and I almost ordered one last week but I'll probably stick with this telly for a good few years so I want something I'll be really happy with.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Bremenacht 18 Feb 2013 20:54:29 17,687 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Blimey, quite a lot.

    I was about to say that if it's an amount of money you'd forget you'd spent in a few years then fuck it, but that's quite significant.
    Yeah, I might hold off for a month or two and see if there are further drops as the new model launches get closer.
    The ST50 is amazing value and I almost ordered one last week but I'll probably stick with this telly for a good few years so I want something I'll be really happy with.
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/avforums-news-notices/1743536-panasonic-european-convention-2013-round-up.html

    The Panasonic Kuro!
  • wobbly_Bob 22 Feb 2013 16:17:20 1,700 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hi, was after a bit of advice regarding 1080i and 1080p

    With the next gen around the corner I thought it might be time to updrade the 'ol TV. I have a 42" 1080i Samsung, at the moment. I was thinking of getting a bigger ( 50" ) tv with 1080p on it. My question: is it worth it? Is 1080p a lot better than 1080i? Also any recomendation on what to go for? I was thinking of spending around 500 to 600 or is that too little? Not interested in 3D or smart TV stuff. Cheers!
  • BinaryBob101 22 Feb 2013 16:30:13 22,635 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd spend another hundred and odd quid and get this:

    https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/1687847153211269802?q=Panasonic%20TX-P42GT50&hl=en&rlz=1C1CHFX_en-GBGB448GB448&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42768644,d.d2k&biw=1280&bih=699&sa=X&ei=pZwnUdzXI-ub1AWLkIGIDw&ved=0CFYQ8wIwAA

    You will notice the difference.

    Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

  • wobbly_Bob 22 Feb 2013 19:36:27 1,700 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    I'd spend another hundred and odd quid and get this:

    https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/1687847153211269802?q=Panasonic%20TX-P42GT50&hl=en&rlz=1C1CHFX_en-GBGB448GB448&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42768644,d.d2k&biw=1280&bih=699&sa=X&ei=pZwnUdzXI-ub1AWLkIGIDw&ved=0CFYQ8wIwAA

    You will notice the difference.
    Cheers for the suggestion. I was kinda set on having a bigger TV than my current one, though. I'm a bit nervous about plasma because of screen burn is more of a problem? I tend to have the radio playing on freeview for long periods of time and it's just a logo on the screen. I worry it will mess it up. Maybe I'm missimformed?
  • BinaryBob101 22 Feb 2013 20:19:10 22,635 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, screen burn isn't such an issue now.

    Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

  • Page

    of 136 First / Last

Log in or register to reply