Kate Bush album - title & date announced Page 2

• Page

of 3 First / Last

• oneiros 17 Oct 2005 13:23:45 1,877 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hard to say. I'm a big fan of Tori Amos, but I also have a bit of a thing about female vocals. I really like Imogen's album; it's perhaps a cross between Tori, Kate Bush and Goldfrapp. Kinda.
  • boo 17 Oct 2005 13:26:08 11,703 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    HMV are currently doing all of Kate Bush's back catalogue for 4.99 each. Just completed my set!
    Also, the Whole Story (Greatest Hits) for 6.99.

Bargaintastic!!

Just Another Lego Blog

• mal 17 Oct 2005 13:34:10 22,332 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I picked up the first two albums off Virgin for less than 4 quid each last year. Not sure I can stretch to a fiver ;)

oneiros wrote:
    Hard to say. I'm a big fan of Tori Amos, but I also have a bit of a thing about female vocals. I really like Imogen's album; it's perhaps a cross between Tori, Kate Bush and Goldfrapp. Kinda.
    Interesting. Amazon reviews are quite positive.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• oneiros 17 Oct 2005 13:44:37 1,877 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    OT: boo, did you get tickets for the Blue Man Group in the end?

Edited by oneiros at 13:48:02 17-10-2005
  • pjmaybe 17 Oct 2005 13:49:49 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    oneiros wrote:
    boo wrote:
    Ah yes! 'Up'. Seems to have got some decent reviews
    Decent, but in no way classic PG.

Has anybody here (as in, in this thread, ie. interested in Kate Bush) got Imogen Heap's new album 'Speak For Yourself'?

Have had a look at a few different reviews. I'm tempted to give her a try, given that Martina Topley Bird was a recent forum recommendation of similar stuff, I'd suggest others give her a try also.

Peej
  • mal 17 Oct 2005 14:20:19 22,332 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I just noticed the other day that the track that plays in Carla's apartment in Fahrenheit is a MT-B track. It's quite a good track too - sounds a bit Dot Allison-esque. Can get a bit annoying when it repeats for the fourth time while you're wandering round the flat holding a bit of paper randomly walking up to things.

I'd recommend Dot Allison on here, but I realise her last album is something of an aquired taste.

• pjmaybe 17 Oct 2005 14:25:30 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mal wrote:
    I just noticed the other day that the track that plays in Carla's apartment in Fahrenheit is a MT-B track. It's quite a good track too - sounds a bit Dot Allison-esque. Can get a bit annoying when it repeats for the fourth time while you're wandering round the flat holding a bit of paper randomly walking up to things.

I'd recommend Dot Allison on here, but I realise her last album is something of an aquired taste.

Aye I bought MTB's album after asking about that very song on the forum. Ssuellid had been pimping MTB out before, and recognised it as being "Sandpaper kisses" from the album Quixotic, so I bought it and the rest of the album's pretty amazing too...

Will have to have a listen to Dot Allison. Gawd, the new Mode album's out too as well isn't it...

/needs to stop buying so many CDs

Peej
  • boo 17 Oct 2005 14:30:21 11,703 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    oneiros wrote:
    OT: boo, did you get tickets for the Blue Man Group in the end?

Edited by oneiros at 13:48:02 17-10-2005

Our company Social Secretary has said she's going to get a deal on a bunch of tickets, so I'm just waiting to hear the details.
    I might chase her up about that today actually.
    Thanks for the reminder.

/checks link

FORTY QUID!!!

Jeez!

Edited by boo at 14:34:45 17-10-2005

Just Another Lego Blog

• oneiros 17 Oct 2005 14:31:54 1,877 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    the new Mode album's out too as well isn't it...
    Will be giving that a wide berth unless someone can convince me otherwise. DM have gone so downhill since SoF&D...

/pimps Ladytron
  • oneiros 17 Oct 2005 14:34:10 1,877 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    boo wrote:
    Our company Social Secretary has said she's going to get a deal on a bunch of tickets, so I'm just waiting to hear the details.
    We're going in January (28th). Four rows from the front, central block; wonder if they'll be handing out ponchos...
  • mal 17 Oct 2005 14:42:31 22,332 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    oneiros wrote:
    pjmaybe wrote:
    the new Mode album's out too as well isn't it...
    Will be giving that a wide berth unless someone can convince me otherwise. DM have gone so downhill since SoF&D...

/pimps Ladytron

DM? SoF&D?

Ladytron I find okay in small doses, but I'm yet to be convinced I'd like a whole album. A bit like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in that respect.

• oneiros 17 Oct 2005 15:04:24 1,877 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Depeche Mode; Songs of Faith and Devotion.
  • mal 17 Oct 2005 15:21:19 22,332 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh right, *that* Mode. Quite like the new single, though it hasn't set my world on fire.

• boo 17 Oct 2005 15:23:36 11,703 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ballcocks. The Social committee 'has run out of money for this financial year'. Doesn't bode well for Christmas parties.

You'd never guess I work for a company with a 4 billion annual turnover...

Looks like I'll have to bend the plastic for the BMG.

Just Another Lego Blog

• pjmaybe 17 Oct 2005 15:43:12 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mal wrote:

Using Hyoushi's Pandora page Dot Allison came up as a selection when I input Martina Topley Bird.

Heard one track of Dot's, just bought the last album on the strength of that. Fucking superb stuff, cheers Mal.

Peej
  • mal 17 Oct 2005 15:56:08 22,332 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Which track was it, out of interest?

• pjmaybe 17 Oct 2005 15:57:03 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    "Colour me"

Peej
  • mal 17 Oct 2005 16:13:29 22,332 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah, right. That's off her first album which I haven't heard, but from what I can tell is rather different to her second album. The second album is definitely a marmite album.

• pjmaybe 17 Oct 2005 16:14:49 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh OK I just went for the album with that track on.

Will give the other one a listen before going for it then.

Peej
  • boo 17 Oct 2005 16:24:02 11,703 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Peej,

If you like Dot Allison, it might be worth looking out her previous band 'One Dove', and the album 'Morning Dove White'.

It's a little hit and miss, but there are some superb tracks on there which make up for the filler.

If you want to try it first, drop me a mail and I'll burn you a copy which of course you'll destroy and go and buy your own original copy if you like it...

Just Another Lego Blog

• mal 17 Oct 2005 16:24:21 22,332 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh right, so you actually bought Afterglow.

Let me know how you get on with that then. I'm in two minds about it, but most people seem to like it.

Dot's also got a forum, where she posts and writes pretty much a poem every day. Bonkers woman, she is :)

• pjmaybe 17 Oct 2005 16:25:10 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ooh much obliged chaps.

Peej
  • mal 17 Oct 2005 16:32:50 22,332 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    boo wrote:
    If you like Dot Allison, it might be worth looking out her previous band 'One Dove', and the album 'Morning Dove White'.
    I've got one track off Morning Dove White, on a Best of Volume compilation. Off the back of that, I bought Strung Out when it came out on single, and off the back of that I bought We Are Science. The single version of Strung Out only has a slight bit of extra guitar added to the mix, but it makes the song sound completely different to how it does on the album. On the single it sounds like Dot might be screaming to be heard over a cacophany of bells and guitars and things, whereas on the album you can here that she's actually whispering into the mike.

• boo 17 Oct 2005 16:35:54 11,703 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmmm. Strung Out.

Now I'm thinking of Wendy & Lisa, who did a song with that title.
    Can't concentrate on anything today!!

Just Another Lego Blog

• Deleted user 21 August 2009 00:52:55
    Did the old thread get delted or did EG move away?
  • Page

of 3 First / Last