The Official 2018 World Cup Thread :( Page 31

• Page

of 33 First / Last

• skuzzbag 1 Jun 2011 15:35:25 5,638 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You wait until the real punishment begins for England at the World Cup 2014. I won't be surprised if they forget to draw us.
  • Whizzo 1 Jun 2011 15:46:05 43,091 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The real punishment for England fans will be to see the team misfire again and act like overpaid children, I don't think we can blame that on a corrupt FIFA.

This space left intentionally blank.

• LionheartDJH 1 Jun 2011 15:47:39 19,391 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    skuzzbag wrote:
    You wait until the real punishment begins for England at the World Cup 2014. I won't be surprised if they forget to draw us.

They don't need to do anything to make England look bad, we do a good enough job of that ourselves most of the time.

She dives for cheese pasties

• mcmonkeyplc 1 Jun 2011 15:48:32 39,440 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    The real punishment for England fans will be to see the team misfire again and act like overpaid children, I don't think we can blame that on a corrupt FIFA.

Exactly, we might as well pull out. It's not like our overpaid children do us proud in the world cup anyway.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Whizzo 1 Jun 2011 16:27:38 43,091 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not much point printing these voting slips was there?

I wonder what Bernstein doodled on his?

• mcmonkeyplc 1 Jun 2011 16:29:02 39,440 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Any idea who voted with the FA and SFA on postponing the election?

• LionheartDJH 1 Jun 2011 16:30:20 19,391 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tom_Servo said Germany did. Apparently Wales and NI didn't, the bastards

• Whizzo 1 Jun 2011 16:31:45 43,091 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Norway was the only Scandinavian country on board.

• mcmonkeyplc 1 Jun 2011 16:33:31 39,440 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ze Germans were with us! How did we fail?!

• skuzzbag 1 Jun 2011 16:34:48 5,638 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:

They should have put three entries all with Blatter as the selection for even greater humour!
  • ecureuil 1 Jun 2011 16:40:20 76,723 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:

Bernstein didn't vote.

pkelso Paul Kelso
    FA chairman David Bernstein has left to catch a plane. FA secretary general Alex Horne will cast England's 'vote'. No wavering now, Alex...
    3 minutes ago
  • X201 1 Jun 2011 16:42:09 15,268 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It'll be an abstain.
  • Whizzo 1 Jun 2011 16:52:30 43,091 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well I wonder what Horne doodled on his paper then?

• Grump 1 Jun 2011 17:07:27 1,180 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shock result!!!
  • ecureuil 1 Jun 2011 17:13:14 76,723 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "Ladies and gentlemen, dear colleagues, blah blah blah ... I thank you for your trust. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. And together we will have four years, provided the Lord gives me life, the energy and the strength to continue on our path and do to our job. I'm happy that we were able to bring today into Fifa this solidarity, this unity, that enables us, with sufficient courage and a positive standpoint, to move forward we are going to put Fifa's ship back on the right course, in clear, transparent waters. We will need some time, wee cannot do it from one day to the next, but our pyramid is intact because the foundation is solid, just as solid as our game. I would simply like to tell you that I am touched and honoured and I thank you. But at the same time this is a challenge for me, and I accept it. Let's go together. Something marvellous has happened today."

Fuck off you insufferable old cunt. The only silver lining is that you'll be four years closer to the grave.
  • thedaveeyres 1 Jun 2011 17:24:36 10,884 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hold on! Proceedings didn't quite conclude with the man from Estonia. "@david_conn Former English FA chairman Geoff Thompson, after a day of attacks on England, accepts a hug, pennant, and thanks #fifa for its "friendship"

I'm glad they finally found a use for Jermaine.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Dougs 1 Jun 2011 17:42:12 67,191 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Fiver's most excellent summary
  • Khanivor 1 Jun 2011 17:45:39 40,542 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It must be pretty awesome to wield such power, command such fealty and its attendant wealth and to be above the law. If I was in Blatter's position I wouldn't give a shit about how it came across. Why the fuck should I care about how people who are no more noteworthy than flies feel about my actions?

The pay of sportsmen is often brought up when folks complain about the compensation given to CEOs. The corruption of Blatter and FIFA is a nice side dish.
  • LionheartDJH 1 Jun 2011 18:36:30 19,391 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Because the peons like us are the people who support the game, not corrupt exec cunts like Blatter and his ilk who only care about money and their own egos. Like Jock Stein said, football is nothing without fans. I don't complain about CEO compensation (unless the company is in financial difficulty) or the pay of top footballers (except as part of an unsustainable business model) so spin me another one.

• FWB 1 Jun 2011 19:57:47 44,229 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So an Argentinian member declared he would have voted for us if we had given the Falkland Islands back. And Blatter rants about keeping governments out of "the family". I'm so sick and tired of this bunch of cunts.

Something marvellous has happened today.

He won against no one. What does it say about a totally undemocratic regime that they can't even find fake opposition. I can probably count on one hand the number of people I actually wish would die, but Sepp is on there. I really hope something nasty happens to him.

Come on FA... quit. Remove yourself from this horrible, horrible organisation.
  • LionheartDJH 1 Jun 2011 20:01:45 19,391 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    We're already pretty isolated FWB, that'd just make it worse.

• ecureuil 1 Jun 2011 21:51:24 76,723 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FWB wrote:

Yeah, to be honest I don't even care if nobody comes with us at this point. FIFA is beyond repair, we should get out.
  • El_MUERkO 1 Jun 2011 21:58:09 16,975 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    FWB wrote:

Yeah, to be honest I don't even care if nobody comes with us at this point. FIFA is beyond repair, we should get out.

I doubt the premiership would complain. Blatter would immediately try to isolate the England Squad, but if america has decided hacking their servers deserves a military response then maybe the SAS could pay FIFA headquarters a visit? :D
  • Deleted user 1 June 2011 22:00:43
    ecureuil wrote:
    It would certainly be a good laugh, though we would probably end up forfeiting our 'founder' perks it's not like they're doing much for us as it is.

Besides, what are we going to do: win the World Cup or something?
  • LionheartDJH 1 Jun 2011 22:02:12 19,391 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Who needs the SAS? Just send Vinnie Jones, Neil Ruddock and Joey Barton to sort Blatter out.

• FWB 1 Jun 2011 22:04:22 44,229 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    We can survive without FIFA. It's not impossible. Sure we'll take a hit, but someone has to make the first stand if the "family" is to fall. I could see others following and setting up a rival - and hopefully democratic - organisation.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 1 Jun 2011 22:09:50 9,777 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What annoyed me the most was the representatives of small, nothing footballing countries like Cyprus having a dig at us. As far as the Argentinian prick goes, someone ought to ask him about the tens of millions of dollars the Qataris gave them before the World Cup voting took place.

Let down by so many 'legends' too. Beckenbauer and Platini had a big chance to stand up and be counted but didn't. How sad.

Off the pitch, football is a mess.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 1 Jun 2011 22:14:28 9,777 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The saddest thing about all this is our FA commits more financially to developing the game around the world than any other FA in the world. It's scary to learn just how hated we really are. The World Cup bidding process was an eye opener but today's vitriol against us truly shows the world's stupid bias against us.
  • FWB 1 Jun 2011 22:17:04 44,229 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Those scummy small states know which side their bread is buttered.

Not for the first time we stand alone.
  • Deleted user 1 June 2011 22:17:49
    FWB wrote:
    We can survive without FIFA. It's not impossible.
    It depends on whether it splits the players or not - if we can't bring in anyone FIFA-registered then the League would be pretty screwed (in global terms at least).

Edit: Though the EU might have our back on that one, you never know though.
  • Page

of 33 First / Last