The Official Swapsies Feedback Thread

• Page

of 100 First / Last

Previous
  • ProfessorLesser 15 Aug 2005 15:58:55 19,417 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Experimental.

Exactly what it says on the tin. Whenever you deal with a forumite, either for cash or trade, you can post feedback here. The idea, however, is just a quick word of thanks to your business partner, and then details of the transfer to the rest of the forum. Things like fast/slow delivery, condition of items delivered etc. Obviously, us being a highly cerebral and gentlemanly (and lady-like) bunch, a certain amount of etiquette is expected, and the second this degenerates into a flaming groung, I'll delete it.

This thread serves the forum rather than individual traders. That way, the forum can read up on who they're dealing with, and should hopefully encourage fledgling forumites to shirk their scepticism of trading within a community.

If the idea catches on, maybe a sticky will prove useful, as I don't think trades are frequent enough to provide the thread with its own bouyancy.

Enjoy, and play fair :-)
  • lost_soul 15 Aug 2005 16:01:16 9,369 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, Sillothian got a cheque to me very quickly for my PSP games (which shoul be with him tomorrow - Royal Mail willing).
  • pjmaybe 15 Aug 2005 16:02:13 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Everyone I've ever done swaps with on here has been fast, efficient, courteous and has managed to not spill jam/semen/marmalade all over their manuals or games.

So woo and indeed hoo to 'em all!

Peej
  • Lutz 15 Aug 2005 16:04:00 48,854 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Had a nice, and expectedly "smooth" trade with Smoothpete.
    Clive Dunn also posts fast. :)

/is probably missing people.
  • smoothpete 15 Aug 2005 16:07:35 31,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lutz wrote:
    Had a nice, and expectedly "smooth" trade with Smoothpete.
    Clive Dunn also posts fast. :)

/is probably missing people.
    Why thank you ;) Ditto!
  • ProfessorLesser 15 Aug 2005 16:08:41 19,417 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In the spirit of things, and just to express thanks once again, Murbal managed to get very reasonably priced Disgaea and PS2 8MB Mem card to me efficiently and on the same day.

Spectral posted me his copies of Xenosaga Ep. I and Polarium (shrink wrapped and shiny-new) mid-wednesday afternoon for my LttP and Paper Mario 2. Received next-day.

Both transactions reeked of helpfulness and a certain unwilling to displease. Excellent stuff.
  • lost_soul 15 Aug 2005 16:11:24 9,369 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I mustn't forget kincaide and the PS2 I bought from him. No problems there and it's by far the most used of my consoles.
  • Singularity 15 Aug 2005 16:13:06 2,463 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Peej, Clart and kdsh7 have all provided me with hassle-free swappage. (: ))
  • Deleted user 15 August 2005 16:13:27
    In the past I have found all the following posters to be quick, efficient and wholly trustworthy when it comes to selling stuff:

Peej
    Lutz
    deem
    Murbal
    Brokenkey
    Slurpy J

Apologies if I missed anyone. Say so if I have, and I'll add you to the list.
  • lost_soul 15 Aug 2005 16:14:03 9,369 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    k.o.t.i wrote:
    Cubby and Tengu are great.
    This isn't the "people I've had pleasurable sexual experiences with" thread, koti :-)
  • boo 15 Aug 2005 16:20:36 11,949 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    HairyArse came up with the Bongo wonga in double quick time and also arranged for one of his minions (!) to collect the goods.

A big EG thumbs up.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Deleted user 15 August 2005 16:21:52
    Boo bought me loads of bongo drums and kept a hold of them for the 6 months it took me to pay for and collect...oh wait......shit what have I done ;)
  • Deleted user 15 August 2005 16:24:27
    In the past I have successfully dealt, positively too, with:

Rhythm
    Peej
    Boo
    Rutty
    Angel_Treats

But that Mike Hunt, he never sends stuff on time! :p
  • Deleted user 15 August 2005 16:30:13
    The only reason I didn't send you anything in the post is 'cos of the arse spankings you gave me on PES4, boyo! You should be sending me stuff to help me get over the humiliation.

Tut.
  • boo 15 Aug 2005 16:37:06 11,949 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Slurpy J wrote:
    Mike_Hunt sent my Rez game real sharpish.

Hairyarse, Peej, Lutz, Tengu, Boo, Angeltreats, Fruitsalad, Exctox and KOTI have never sent me anything, and for this, I dislike them. I mean, a nice surprise gift every now and again wouldn't go astray. Astray is very similar to ashtray. I think maybe I have spelt astray wrongly, thus casuing it to be very similar to ashtray.

No address!

I had a boxed US SNES with a mint copy of Chrono Trigger which kept getting under my feet, so I thought 'Send it to Slurpy!', but I hadn't got your address, so I gave it to the Charity shop.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Murbs 15 Aug 2005 16:38:16 22,591 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    -ProfessorLesser
    -Kalel
    -Starchild
    Have all sent me money in exhange for goods, and I would happily take their money again.

-Machiavel
    Has taken my money and sent me a nice shiny game.

No problems whatsoever with any of them and would happily trade with them again in the future.

p.s. Professor - Cheque turned up on Saturday, ta very much!
  • Spectral 15 Aug 2005 16:39:11 5,021 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    For the flipside of my trade with ProfessorLesser, I received his games the same day he received mine, both in excellent condition, a great guy to deal with. I also bought Mario and Luigi from Sephy a few months back and that went through without a problem.
  • pjmaybe 15 Aug 2005 16:39:12 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    boo wrote:
    Slurpy J wrote:
    Mike_Hunt sent my Rez game real sharpish.

Hairyarse, Peej, Lutz, Tengu, Boo, Angeltreats, Fruitsalad, Exctox and KOTI have never sent me anything, and for this, I dislike them. I mean, a nice surprise gift every now and again wouldn't go astray. Astray is very similar to ashtray. I think maybe I have spelt astray wrongly, thus casuing it to be very similar to ashtray.

No address!

I had a boxed US SNES with a mint copy of Chrono Trigger which kept getting under my feet, so I thought 'Send it to Slurpy!', but I hadn't got your address, so I gave it to the Charity shop.

Yeah same here with that mint copy of that pile o' shite Panzer Dragoon Saga I had kicking around.

Binmen must've enjoyed it though.

Peej
  • Tomo 15 Aug 2005 16:41:06 13,998 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Alex Mulford was fine by me!

Waiting for Sephy to post MGA at the moment. I'm counting the hours... Hehe. :]
  • Clart 15 Aug 2005 16:51:11 1,016 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Singularity's stuff was delivered very quickly after our swappage a few months back! Cheers fella!

Oh and an honerable mention for ralphwolfenstein who met up with me and traded me cash for the 2nd Steel Battalion I'd accidentially purchased back in March!

The looks I got on the tube...

Edited by Clart at 16:53:27 15-08-2005
  • StarchildHypocrethes 15 Aug 2005 16:56:20 26,631 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Derbs, Murbal and Sephy have all accepted money or goods from me for their wares. Couldn't complain about any of them, the games all arrived in top condition. Cheers guys :)
  • ProfessorLesser 15 Aug 2005 17:10:47 19,417 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's for future trades as well as past ones though :-)

We could leave a legacy of 5/5 feedback ;-)
  • Deleted user 15 August 2005 17:15:29
    Tomo - posted out my PSP Mercury nice and quick, in good nick too. Nice one fella.

edit - good idea for a thread BTW. Most useful for future reference methinks.

edit - "If the idea catches on, maybe a sticky will prove useful, as I don't think trades are frequent enough to provide the thread with its own bouyancy."

nnnnngh ...... must resist ........ fails .......

"+ 1"

Edited by bdaggers at 17:16:41 15-08-2005

Edited by bdaggers at 17:17:57 15-08-2005
  • Derblington 15 Aug 2005 17:25:52 22,306 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Peej
    Mike Hunt
    Tomo
    Starchild
    Decoded
    Mapster
    Teeth
    koti
    Rutty

Are all absolutely fabulous and I'd gladly take it from them all at once.

There may be more but all the cock makes me dizzy.

Edited by Derblington at 18:04:13 15-08-2005
  • lost-soul 15 Aug 2005 17:34:08 435 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Slurpy J wrote:
    The jist of the thread is, we're all jolly nice people, honest and trustworthy. Hurrah for us all.

Forgot that I bought Mercury off you; that went through without a problem.
  • kentmonkey 15 Aug 2005 20:48:15 20,935 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kdsh7 has been brilliant with the swaps, even finding me a game I was after in a local store and picking it up for me. Real gent.

Peej has also been great with swaps.

Both very quick delivery and great condition when they arrive.
  • Page

of 100 First / Last

Previous