Movietyme.com

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • Tomo 29 Jul 2005 11:41:14 13,895 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Movietyme.com

Just noticed this site in another thread, has anyone used it?

Is it really as cheap as it sounds?

EG: 24.99 for MGA delivered (to England)?!

Edit...

Yes, it is true Tomo. They say so on their website.

Is the company reliable? Anyone used them?

Edited by Tomo at 11:41:44 29-07-2005
  • Decoded 29 Jul 2005 11:51:03 4,426 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've used them before and they're okay. They charge your card immediately though and if I remember correctly don't offer refunds if you decide to cancel - you get credit instead.
  • espadachin 29 Jul 2005 11:53:10 2,210 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    yeah they are pretty good, i use them a fair bit for psp and region 3 stuff, pretty good customer service
  • Lutz 23 Sep 2005 13:18:15 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Harsh.

/considers editting out link from 1st post.

;)
  • SlackMaster 30 Nov 2005 14:00:41 3,134 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah heard a little about them on the forum so thought I'd check them out. Their website is a little amature which put me off ordering from them initially but they have some really good prices on DS games.

I got Kirby Canvas Curse and Trauma Centre: Under the Knife for 17.99 each with free first class delivery.

They say 3 to 14 days wait but does anyone who uses them know the average for orders to the UK. Orders placed on CDWOW can sometimes be with you from HK within 3-4 days, where as my copy of Megaman Anniversary from Play-Asia on the NGC took 3-4 weeks (no shit) :(

Edited by SlackMaster at 14:31:21 30-11-2005
  • MetalDog 30 Nov 2005 14:08:59 23,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They can take absolutely ages, particularly if they have to re-order. That's the counter-balance to the prices, but a little patience probably makes it worth it.

I'll let you know if I don't get my order =)

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• The-Button 30 Nov 2005 14:13:30 799 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Decoded wrote:
    I've used them before and they're okay. They charge your card immediately though and if I remember correctly don't offer refunds if you decide to cancel - you get credit instead.
    You can choose whether you want them to bill your card immediately, or if you want them to bill it on dispatch of your items.

I ordered Mario Kart DS from them last Tuesday, and it arrived on Thursday morning. I'll most probably be using them for future DS orders.
  • SlackMaster 30 Nov 2005 14:32:36 3,134 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Button wrote:
    Decoded wrote:
    You can choose whether you want them to bill your card immediately, or if you want them to bill it on dispatch of your items.

I ordered Mario Kart DS from them last Tuesday, and it arrived on Thursday morning. I'll most probably be using them for future DS orders.

In the same week? If so that's pretty quick, they haven't even confimed packing/dispatch of my order yet and it was placed last night so not holding my breath.
  • The-Button 30 Nov 2005 15:02:30 799 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes, in the same week. I placed my order at around 3pm on the Tuesday, recieved the usual order confirmation email almost immediately. The dispatch confirmation email came at about 2.30pm-ish on the Wednesday afternoon, game arrived Thursday morning.

Edit@SlackMaster: The wait for the dispatch email was quite a painful one for me too :p Considering you placed your order last night, I'd expect one either today or tomorrow.

Edited by The Button at 15:05:21 30-11-2005
  • SlackMaster 30 Nov 2005 15:25:50 3,134 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, I've got MK DS to keep me occupied until my goodies come through the post but I've been wanting to play Trauma Center for ages now, and Kirby supposed to be great... Might cave and get Lost in Blue at retail to keep me going. :(
  • MetalDog 1 Dec 2005 11:07:13 23,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My order for Trauma Centre was held at 'Order Taken' for aaaages while I guess they restocked. I got the 'dispatched' message through a couple of days ago and last night it was propped up against my bedroom door waiting for me. So it seems they're very fast once they've actually dispatched, but you may be in for a long wait prior to that.

TC is ace, incidentally. Completely bonkers, but great fun. The magnifying thingy is pissing me off though, it seems to be ultra tricky.

• Huntcjna 1 Dec 2005 11:08:36 13,875 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TC was out of stock across the US for ages I had to wait a long time for mine to be dispatched too but as soon as it was.

Bam 3 day delivery.

Edited by Huntcjna at 11:09:25 01-12-2005
  • SlackMaster 1 Dec 2005 13:03:17 3,134 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My orders still haven't dispatched yet ... might be in for a long wait... am begining to cave and might by Lost in Blue to keep me going. :(
  • MetalDog 1 Dec 2005 13:14:08 23,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Smile, damn you, Lost in Blue is a good game it'll keep you happy enough until TC turns up (unless you hate the slowness, of course).

• The-Button 1 Dec 2005 13:22:18 799 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Surely MK DS will keep you occupied until they arrive, SlackMaster? I don't see myself buying another game until after Christmas!
  • SlackMaster 1 Dec 2005 13:54:12 3,134 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thing is I've been waiting for a whole bunch of titles now for a while then they all become available at once, well over the last few weeks. :p

Yeah Lost in Blue looks ace... but will have to wait some time for Kirby and TC it seems.

MK is a great game but I've not taken it online yet *cos can't get the WI-FI dongle* and my mates don't have it yet, so I'm flying through the different 'cc' classes in single player.

Edited by SlackMaster at 13:57:22 01-12-2005
  • SlackMaster 1 Dec 2005 19:32:07 3,134 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ok, not to proud of myself, but buckled under the weight of having to wait for my games from movietyme and brought 'Lost in Blue'... *playing... starves in first 5mins*
  • ProfessorLesser 1 Dec 2005 19:52:48 19,356 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone know how these guys might fare for pre-ordered imports?

My patience in waiting for Animal Crossing: Wild World will probably wear thin very quickly indeed.
  • SlackMaster 1 Dec 2005 20:01:35 3,134 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    Anyone know how these guys might fare for pre-ordered imports?

My patience in waiting for Animal Crossing: Wild World will probably wear thin very quickly indeed.

Well don't know about the other forumites but my order has been sat on order taken for the last two days... not packed or sent yet! :(

They are the cheapest site that I've seen for DS games tho.
  • MetalDog 1 Dec 2005 20:16:58 23,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SlackMaster wrote:
    Well don't know about the other forumites but my order has been sat on order taken for the last two days... not packed or sent yet! :(

They are the cheapest site that I've seen for DS games tho.

Took 'em about too weeks to send mine, so you do need to be patient. Cheap is teh win, though, if you want to be able to afford more than a couple of games.

• ProfessorLesser 1 Dec 2005 20:18:31 19,356 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone recommend faster import delivery service? For the sake of about a fiver, I'd rather have it 3 days late compared to 14.
  • thefilthandthefury 1 Dec 2005 20:42:10 24,988 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Movietyme have always been very fast for me.

I ordered Trace Memory from them, and I was playing it about three/four days later.
  • MetalDog 1 Dec 2005 20:43:44 23,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Movietyme have always been very fast for me.

I ordered Trace Memory from them, and I was playing it about three/four days later.

Once they dispatch they're super fast, yeah. I think it's just a case of what their stock levels are like.

• Diorama 9 Dec 2005 13:47:06 1 posts
    Registered 9 years ago
    I ordered Animal Crossing WW a couple of days back, but I don't know when I will get the dispatch email. I guess that's the price to pay for not having so large a price to pay.
  • thefilthandthefury 22 Mar 2006 10:26:54 24,988 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hey, quick question all. If I order a White PSP from Movietyme, is there a chance I will have to pay import tax? I never have on anything from them before. Most things I've ordered appear to have been sent from within the UK, though I'm not sure.
  • harrisimo 4 May 2006 15:50:08 383 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just a little story about MovieTyme, for anyone who is thinking of importing stuff.

Given that Age of Empires:Age of Kings on the DS is not out here till August, and I reckoned it would be the ideal DS game for a flight to and from Majorca next month, I found it on MovieTyme for a very reasonable price.

Two days after I ordered it, a parcel pops through the letterbox from MovieTyme.... containing Princess Peach DS. Hmmm. I email them to complain and they are very apologetic, and polite with it. Send it back FreePost and they email me a few days later to say they've received it back, and will dispatch the right game this time. Next day, right games arrive.

Was very impressed. OK, so they ballsed up the original order, which is annoying, but they were really quick to put it right, and kept in constant communication throughout.

I got BrainTraining for 12.99 and Age of Empires:Age of Kings cost 19.99, including P&P, so there's no doubt they're cheap. Would use them again.
  • Murbal 4 May 2006 16:24:35 22,092 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just used them for the first time to get Brain Training. Gave me no reason not to use them again!
  • Razz 7 May 2006 14:44:50 61,091 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've just made my first order with these guys, I'm loving this already! Great site, easy to use, and I can order POPCORN with my orders :D

Going to ordering from these guys alot more :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Tomo 9 Jun 2006 00:30:19 13,895 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jesus. This fucking site. I should have learned my lesson last time.

They've said there's a delay in my Tetris DS order, so I want to cancel the order. I click the link in my email and get to my accounts page. It says:

"To cancel an order click Request Cancellation and follow the instructions on the next page."

But where the hell do I click Request Cancellation?! Can't see the fucking button! :/
  • Deleted user 9 June 2006 00:42:05
    I too have had no problems whatsoever with these guys. I've had Brain Training and, um, 4 copies of New Super Mario Bros. from them and they've always delivered with a week, easily. In fact I'm pretty sure within 3 or 4 days at the absolute most.

By the way, although it's a hijack, I'd also like to mention that I recently realised I'd also pre-ordered NSMB from Videogamesplus.ca months and months and months ago and forgotten to cancel when I found it 7 cheaper at Movietyme. As such, it got sent to a different address by VG+ but I got on the emailblower immediately and got a reply from their customer service guy that he was on his way down to the post office to intercept the parcel and have it sent to my new address, which he duly did. So pretty good service from them, too!

Movietyme seems to be cheaper though ;)
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous