Nintendo sells Rare!!

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Bill-Gates-is-Evil 26 Nov 2002 06:21:45 8,934 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ok, not exactly news, but I think I FINALLY know why Nintendo made the incredibly wise move of giving their very best developer to a competitor...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A18985-2002Nov21.html

Apparently, Nintendo's earnings were 18.97 billion yen for the six months leading up to September.

How much did they sell Rare for, again, you ask? 19 billion yen.

My new theory is that Nintendo sold Rare so they wouldn't be unprofitable next time investors needed a report.

And in OTHER news-- Sega's parent company is considering selling it's part of Sega... but to whom? Microsoft, maybe? Or back to Sega, in which Microsoft just absorbs the whole shebang? Or am I just a lunatic, making too much out of a hunch?
  • AnotherMartin 26 Nov 2002 10:49:07 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And in OTHER news-- Sega's parent company is considering selling it's part of Sega... but to whom? Microsoft, maybe? Or back to Sega, in which Microsoft just absorbs the whole shebang? Or am I just a lunatic, making too much out of a hunch?

Acording to this article at IGN it's Sega who are selling their shares in their parent company (CSK) back to them and that CSK will keep their Sega shares.
  • Deleted user 17 January 2013 21:13:32
    Good bit of business for Nintendo that was.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 17 Jan 2013 21:17:21 38,103 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't bump long dead threads unless you have something worthwhile to add. (This was not worthwhile).

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Deleted user 17 January 2013 21:17:25
    fun times :)
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next