• Page

of 7 First / Last

Next
  • Tomo 30 Dec 2012 18:17:51 13,878 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Bump.

I should probably get a new mouse. My MX510 collects finger poo at an astonishing rate these days, the pads have come off and it's basically an OAP.

Any recent views on good mice? I don't want to spend more than 40 quid really. I think I'm after a decent gaming mouse, but I don't want it to look like a fucking fist-sized Transformer.
    Oh and wireless would be preferable. Is it still believed that wireless mice are rubbish for gaming? Or is that an old wives' tale?
  • WoodenSpoon 30 Dec 2012 18:27:47 12,275 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The cheaper wireless mice I've tried have been useless for games, they all felt really imprecise and unreliable.

The Logitech G700 works fine, and it doesn't look like a spaceship or have an etching of a scorpion or any of the other retarded stuff you see on 'gaming' mice. I have a feeling it's quite pricey though.
  • Tomo 30 Dec 2012 18:29:51 13,878 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmm. 60 quid on Amazon. Still looks like it's about to take off at any minute.

Razer Orochi is also 60 notes, any experience with that?
  • WoodenSpoon 30 Dec 2012 18:33:58 12,275 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nah afraid not :(
  • THFourteen 30 Dec 2012 19:04:24 32,855 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have a Razer Orochi which I LOVE. Its not rechargeable, and it doesn't auto-switch off if that sort of thing bothers you, but the two AA batteries last for a good long time, and I use wall-rechargeable types.

Its quite small compared to most gaming mice, and only has 4 extra side buttons (which I never use anyway).

I use it with both my laptop and my gaming PC.
  • Tomo 30 Dec 2012 19:52:44 13,878 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ack. That is a glowing review. Hmm.

Tempting. Wireless and a decent gaming mouse. Would be ideal for my laptop too...

Think I'm about swayed...
  • THFourteen 30 Dec 2012 20:28:00 32,855 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There are some good reviews on amazon.co.uk actually. both for and against though
  • jagg3r 30 Dec 2012 20:50:48 1,027 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    The cheaper wireless mice I've tried have been useless for games, they all felt really imprecise and unreliable.

The Logitech G700 works fine, and it doesn't look like a spaceship or have an etching of a scorpion or any of the other retarded stuff you see on 'gaming' mice. I have a feeling it's quite pricey though.
    Its a great mouse, been using it for over a year now in games like Bf3 & mw3, lovely comfy fit and easy customise.very precise, quality.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Next