War Of The Worlds - Musical Version Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • OptimusPube 4 Nov 2012 21:12:46 3,078 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Colour me interested, I've been a big fan of the album for nearly my entire life and was a little sceptical on this new generation thing but on seeing the trailer it looks fantastic, bit silly getting excited over such a short trailer but they could have really killed it, hopefully it will get a whole new generation interested .

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC˛

• MysteryLamb 10 Dec 2012 19:51:48 525 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Saw the live show of this yesterday in Sheffield.

The new cast are great, Neeson is spot on as the narrator and even Marty Pellow couldn't spoil it! The real star was Ricky Wilson (from the Kaiser Chiefs) as the artillery man. 2 Very bombastic hours. The 3d hologram was a bit disappointing having being vaunted as an amazing peice of new technology it just looked like normal video footage to me but that could have been because I was too far back to get the full effect.

The music felt richer but very much the same beast as the original - which is a good thing.
  • Folant 10 Dec 2012 20:07:43 1,247 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Seeing it on Saturday.

:-D

Few bits that still need to grow on me on the album, Forever Autumn and Spirit of Man, but it's a great listen still.

And yes. Neeson is awesome. No question.

I'm right by the front when I go, hopefully I'll get a better holographic effect than you experienced and it's not a 2D flat image like they did with 2pac.
    And the new Heat Ray. :-D

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Rusty_M 10 Dec 2012 20:59:57 4,706 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The prospect of a heat ray in a theatre sounds genuinely scary. I know it'll just be some cool effect, but still!

I would love to go and see this.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Folant 16 Dec 2012 01:11:23 1,247 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No, it was actually fire. An actual flame coming from the fighting machine. I felt the heat. It was awesome.

Just got back. Great show. They were filming for the DVD there too. (O2)

Never seen the queue for the tube so packed after. Right back up crowding at the entrance.

Hope they your again next year.

• Nanocrystal 16 Dec 2012 01:29:44 1,036 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dogme wrote:
    palmoff wrote:
    My dad's got the old Vinyl one, not for sale unfortunatley.
    It scared the bejesus out of me, it's only been in the last few years that i can listen to it it without being freaked out.
    I'm glad someone else said this :) My dad also had the album on vinyl when it originally came out and he played it a lot, sometimes deliberately to scare me as well :o
    Same here.
  • HitchHiker 16 Dec 2012 08:20:32 2,776 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The New Generation has been available on Spotify for a while. Heard it through once but it's not quite the same as the original.
  • Folant 14 Nov 2013 18:28:00 1,247 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    New tour next year.
    /woot
    http://www.herald.ie/news/brian-thrilled-with-war-of-the-worlds-role-29754889.html

• Gruff 14 Nov 2013 18:59:47 2,882 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I was so disappointed that the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds didn't have the alien walkers sound affects going OOOOOooooooo LAAAAAAAAAaaaa

Missed opportunity

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• BeardedGamerUK 14 Nov 2013 19:22:30 1,467 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I would like to see a film based on the album :D Films have been made out of nearly every other musical, so why not this one!
  • Maturin 14 Nov 2013 19:30:05 3,032 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BeardedGamerUK wrote:
    I would like to see a film based on the album :D Films have been made out of nearly every other musical, so why not this one!
    I'd love a big budget version of the original book - with the correct setting - using Jeff Wayne's music.
  • Folant 21 Nov 2013 18:14:26 1,247 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There is a CGI film due soon I think. Can't remember the specific details but there's something about that.

Got my tickets for next year booked.
    Dec 13 at the o2, block A1.
    \o/

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next