of 9 First / Last

• Alastair 11 Feb 2018 20:01:07 21,543 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    All the cool kids are playing on PS4...
  • funkstar 11 Feb 2018 21:18:30 3,246 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @sid92 did i already invite you to the squad? i only got your friend request today and i havent been on!
  • sid92 11 Feb 2018 21:21:46 3,468 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    funkstar wrote:
    @sid92 did i already invite you to the squad? i only got your friend request today and i havent been on!
    Yeah sorry dude I was in a group with brokenkey and a few others, I thought that was the official EG group but there isn't much activity in it.
  • funkstar 11 Feb 2018 21:25:27 3,246 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    if you join the squad session from the main menu it'll say 'eurogamer' and my username. There are about 20 of us in the squad at the moment (max of 50), mostly because its hard to coordinate people being able to accept my invites to the session when they are playing with friends etc.

Max in one session is 16. I dont think I've ever been on and there's been nobody, but the squad stuff is a little half-baked (though once you're in, you can just join the session from the front menu and it'll create one if nobody is online)
  • sid92 11 Feb 2018 22:08:35 3,468 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Okay, cheers Funk. I will try and join tomorrow. My first MH but I have absolutely fallen for it.

Need to start using some different weapons but I love my Switchaxe too much :)
  • funkstar 11 Feb 2018 22:17:02 3,246 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @sid92 send me a psn message when you're about to go on and (providing im not in the middle of dinner or something) i should be able to invite you to the squad and get you at least if not do a few quests!
  • sid92 11 Feb 2018 22:21:56 3,468 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Will do :)

Should be on tomorrow evening.
  • oldschoolsoviet 13 Feb 2018 22:50:55 6,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, started a second squad with the few of us on tonight (mainly to tee up sid), and if you see us on over the weekend, give me a message and I'll get the invites out. Easy enough to switch and such, so hopefully that'll cover the gaps if anyone still needs an easy squad session search option.

It is fun to see where others are at too, and helps my experimenting with different weapons. Think I need more practice with the longsword though - didn't find the endboss any more fun than with the lance.....

Bowguns though, phwoar. Starting to feel the mix of firepower, auto-guard and throwing out powders.

Tempered Toby can fucking do one though. :)
  • funkstar 13 Feb 2018 23:14:16 3,246 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    huh i never got any message from sid tonight?
  • gooner77 14 Feb 2018 08:27:52 1,245 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @oldschoolsoviet

thanks for your help last night with the Rathians.

Very impressed with your armour collection too. :)
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Feb 2018 08:38:13 1,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Will be on tonight, i seemed to miss Robthehermit yesterday which was a shame, i must have been mid mission or something. Got to rank 27 on xbox and did all the limited bounties so will spend a bit of time on PS4 tonight (got my full leggy/dragon king patch armour ready). Not sure whether i want to progress with the story now or fuck about in high rank a bit more first.
  • Alastair 14 Feb 2018 08:52:47 21,543 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I did the Rathian rathalos quest to get the bandit mantle, which I then used during the pukei pukei fight.
    Also got the palico shield spire gadget.
    And the hog in a frog outfit for poogie.
  • gooner77 14 Feb 2018 08:59:46 1,245 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Alastair how do you get hog in a Frog? 😂
  • brokenkey 14 Feb 2018 09:19:03 9,388 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Poogie just runs away whenever I get near it (red exclamation mark over the top) :(
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Feb 2018 09:24:23 1,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I havent touched any of the optional missions yet :/ i should do so at some point.
  • Alastair 14 Feb 2018 09:47:45 21,543 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    gooner77 wrote:
    @Alastair how do you get hog in a Frog? 😂
    Once Poogie is your friend - loads of hearts after you cuddle him - do a cuddle and then pick him up.
    Walk over towards the botanical research bit and towards the ancient tree. Head towards the lamp thing on the right and the controller should vibrate. Put Poogie down and he will snuffle about and dig up the costume.
    There's also way to the left of the monster research guy, one near the trader guy and then one up the top, through the back of the armoury, on a lookout platform.
  • Alastair 14 Feb 2018 09:48:30 21,543 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Poogie only finds one thing per cuddle, so you'll need to head out on a quest/expedition.
  • gooner77 14 Feb 2018 12:01:24 1,245 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Poogie only finds one thing per cuddle, so you'll need to head out on a quest/expedition.
    Thanks for that. Still lots of cool unlockable stuff nearly 50 hours in. Capcom are good at this sort of thing when they aren't rinsing you for DLC
  • funkstar 16 Feb 2018 13:50:40 3,246 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Well, started a second squad with the few of us on tonight (mainly to tee up sid), and if you see us on over the weekend, give me a message and I'll get the invites out. Easy enough to switch and such, so hopefully that'll cover the gaps if anyone still needs an easy squad session search option.

It is fun to see where others are at too, and helps my experimenting with different weapons. Think I need more practice with the longsword though - didn't find the endboss any more fun than with the lance.....

Bowguns though, phwoar. Starting to feel the mix of firepower, auto-guard and throwing out powders.

Tempered Toby can fucking do one though. :)
    hello i am still here, been a bit busy this week! bit of a shame i couldnt just assign a new leader, but yes probably a better idea you are squad leader. i'll ping you a message at some point so i can get in the new squad!

Alastair, can you update the first post in case someone stumbles upon it later?
  • Alastair 16 Feb 2018 14:52:11 21,543 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So, are we running two squads in parallel, or dropping the first one?
  • Graxlar_v3 16 Feb 2018 14:56:22 1,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I just think we should migrate over to OSS's
  • oldschoolsoviet 16 Feb 2018 16:28:04 6,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ahh, but you can have both squads running. It was a sorta quick fix to get sid amongst us, and I've only managed adding a few others, mostly addicts like myself in the high double digit HRs. :)

See, you can easily search for the first squad, and then the second if you don't find anyone. Think the "active squad" parameter doesn't matter that much, as long as you have membership for both.

(don't put pressure on me, not after last night's tired debacle of a performance lol)

Today has seen a vast improvement thankfully. Perhaps use funkstar's original as the casual, fun squad, and mine for the end-game grind ? Better chance of having similar HRs I suppose....
  • Graxlar_v3 16 Feb 2018 16:33:46 1,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    what happened last night?

did you get carted by a jagras?
  • oldschoolsoviet 16 Feb 2018 16:48:20 6,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Carted three times, twice in one quest. Once is bad form for me.....

Started off with a 75k (doubled to 150k with voucher) Dodo/Azure/Bezel triple, farmed a few Dodo for my bowgun, and five tempered Odo/Legiana investigations, clearing the weekly bounty. Lots of decorations to play with now.

Got a nice Ya-Ku/Diablos investigation that we could farm tonight for the other weekly stuff ? Better than all the Kirin quests stacking up......
  • Graxlar_v3 16 Feb 2018 19:06:46 1,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Carted three times, twice in one quest. Once is bad form for me.....

Started off with a 75k (doubled to 150k with voucher) Dodo/Azure/Bezel triple, farmed a few Dodo for my bowgun, and five tempered Odo/Legiana investigations, clearing the weekly bounty. Lots of decorations to play with now.

Got a nice Ya-Ku/Diablos investigation that we could farm tonight for the other weekly stuff ? Better than all the Kirin quests stacking up......
    Tempered monsters are part of the weekly Now?
  • President_Weasel 17 Feb 2018 13:45:08 12,344 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I got a PS4 to play monster hunter. See also a psp , and I think two DS type things? I am pretty sure my ID is PresWeasel
  • funkstar 17 Feb 2018 15:51:59 3,246 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    invited weasel to the original squad and i pointed him towards your squad as well OSS

i also missed your invite and then had to log off :[

Edited by funkstar at 15:53:53 17-02-2018
  • oldschoolsoviet 17 Feb 2018 16:02:06 6,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    "I'll get you my pretty..."
  • funkstar 17 Feb 2018 16:10:27 3,246 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    "I'll get you my pretty..."
    haha you see what a pain in the arse it is :D
  • oldschoolsoviet 18 Feb 2018 00:05:47 6,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Fucking top banter tonight, even with Progguitarist's (knew it was an old reg) kid popping in offering us drugs and cookies.

Nothing beats Kirin chasing Chris for his former partner's skin though ! Good times :D
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.