PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - Xbox One Page 15

• Page

of 19 First / Last

• Derblington 3 Jan 2018 17:21:36 30,192 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    2old4disshit wrote:
    Looks like the sort of game where you wander around trying to find people to shoot, get killed in a matter of seconds then have to spend the next 20 minutes watching the remaining players go through the same thing. Am I right?
    No.

Edited by Derblington at 17:22:02 03-01-2018
  • Fake_Blood 3 Jan 2018 17:22:46 8,051 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    I don't even think it came from from there, however with so many variants out there, do tell us if there's an easier way of cutting to the chase.
    But this OG thing is not making it easier is it? You guys says OG when you mean the xbox one, meanwhile for the rest of the internets OG means the 2005 xbox.

In any case, if there was a gangster in the console space it'd be the gamecube.
  • Derblington 3 Jan 2018 17:28:03 30,192 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Surely it's XO or X One or just One, One S or S, and One X or X? But its not really a big dal to call it the OG, though weird a bit wrong it's still obvious which console you're talking about in context to the thread.
  • telboy007 3 Jan 2018 17:45:25 2,191 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No it's the _ or S or X.

Edited by telboy007 at 17:46:57 03-01-2018
  • ChiefGB 3 Jan 2018 19:49:01 7,548 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mores to the point it's just stupid that there's needed to be 3 variants up to now so I blame ms. Or in the style of cliffy b, let's blame PUBG as well.
  • telboy007 3 Jan 2018 20:12:07 2,191 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I blame Brexit and trump.
  • dai_bonehead 3 Jan 2018 22:52:07 428 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well I never! Got a second place finish tonight. This game is compelling!
  • StaffyDog 4 Jan 2018 01:17:54 1,430 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really donít know what the fuss is about this game because Iíve totally lost interest and havenít played it in over a week. If it werenít a digital download it would have been traded by now.
  • ChiefGB 4 Jan 2018 10:14:36 7,548 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Are you playing solo or at least duos? Makes a massive difference playing with others, fills in those inbetween moments nicely. Calling things out and covering each other.
  • ModoX 4 Jan 2018 12:24:30 3,024 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's like two different games. Solo is an intense sneakathon, duos or squads is like a ridiculous funny moment generator.
  • telboy007 4 Jan 2018 12:57:56 2,191 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Due to your complete lack of skills.
  • ModoX 4 Jan 2018 13:00:17 3,024 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @telboy007 Been carried to any chicken dinners recently?
  • telboy007 4 Jan 2018 13:17:55 2,191 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hell yeah. But have come 2nd off my own back (from hiding until there was only one other left).

Edited by telboy007 at 13:18:18 04-01-2018
  • jaangus 4 Jan 2018 13:27:02 5,283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Had the most mental solo game on this yesterday I had literally no bullets left and was in the final 2. Luck was ob my side or the guy I was against must have been blind as I managed to loot a corpse practically infront of him and get 15 bullets which just enough to get my chicken dinner.

In that game I had 4 8xs scopes which seems ridiculous as in squad games we rarely find them with 4 of us albeit I didnt have an assault rifle till the last 15 people or so.

I seem to have great positioning (luck) in solo but less so in doubles or squads.

Best chicken dinner for me yet 7 kills with sod all ammo for the last 15 people or so.
  • ModoX 4 Jan 2018 13:44:52 3,024 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How the shitting hell do you kill 7 people? I can barely hit one, let alone kill seven!
  • Vortex808 4 Jan 2018 13:46:09 11,857 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The last few solo games where I have managed to get into the last ten have all ended in boring cars trying to squish people fests.

I arrived in one of the last circles in a car having stumbled across one on my way, but foolishly popped out to try to shoot someone and got run over by someone else!

Should have stayed in the car like a boring twat too. :(

I don't know what the appeal of the cars is beyond racing to the circle to give time to loot. I have killed a few drivers quite easily when they have tried to run me over, but only when I have spotted them in time. Usually when you hear a car it's too late, unless you have a rock/tree/building near to prevent squishing. I used to hit the ground and hope they hadn't seen me, but more often than not, they must have already lined up on me and I was easy squashed meat.

I need to try squads as I'm sure it'd be much more fun, but still feel like I am learning the ropes and don't want to hold a decent squad back just yet!
  • jaangus 4 Jan 2018 13:58:45 5,283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @ModoX 8x scope helped. I dropped my sens and dead zone to 3 couldnt hit a barn door before altering my sensitivity. I also avoid shotguns like the plague they 1 shot me I 1 shot thin air. To be honest I was lucky to survive the first minute of that game vectored someone down and had about a tenth of my health left.

I always try and have 1 spray gun and 1 single shot think that game I had a vector and m16. Attachments make a difference always vertical over angled grip.

Edited by jaangus at 14:05:39 04-01-2018
  • ModoX 4 Jan 2018 14:01:38 3,024 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @jaangus Oh nice ok, I might try that. Do you have a general game plan for each match - what's your typical drop, mid-game, final approach etc?
  • 1Dgaf 4 Jan 2018 14:02:58 4,940 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    I need to try squads as I'm sure it'd be much more fun, but still feel like I am learning the ropes and don't want to hold a decent squad back just yet!
    Don't think too much about pairing with a 'decent' squad. Decent people will always give someone time to improve, which is more important than ability. Plus helping new players can be rewarding.

I'm always open to playing with people, though I'm still learning.
  • jaangus 4 Jan 2018 14:21:15 5,283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @ModoX solo I just tend to see how it pans out if you get to the last 10 try to let them shoot each other and avoid shooting unless you have to unless you have a silencer.

I just kept dropping school or military base till i got the hang of shooting. Full auto is uselesd at anything about 30 metres or so.
  • ModoX 4 Jan 2018 15:57:27 3,024 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmm ok cheers, I might try that. I did have a couple of games trying to drop in busy areas for practice, but it's super frustrating to have to re-load every couple of minutes, and the bloody world doesn't pup in until 30 seconds after I've landed :)
  • Technoishmatt 4 Jan 2018 16:43:26 2,217 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I use vertical grip for single shooters. Angled for eg UMP. Isnt that the way to do it?

EDIT: oops yes, see Jaangus below, I meant I do the other way round. So vertical on the UMP, angled for the SCAR and M416.

Edited by Technoishmatt at 21:42:55 04-01-2018
  • jaangus 4 Jan 2018 18:19:51 5,283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Technoishmatt vertical grip is better for recoil angled lets you aim down sights quicker and does effect recoil but not as much
  • jaangus 4 Jan 2018 18:38:04 5,283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @ModoX Grenades are handy I always stockpile them also if I have two rifles or smg and rifle I always drop my pistol as its useless and I used to switch to it instead of my secondary.I always keep my full auto gun equipped when looting.

For the final 10 or so I like to have an m16 m4 or scar decent scope and then a ump or preferably vector with extended mags.

As a general rule of thumb if a small to medium building is full of sights and attachments there will be sod all guns. Although they supposedly spawn randomly I always seem to find guns in certain types of houses. The big U shaped ones like in Georgepol have shit loot for me. Quick way of getting off one of those roofs without fall damage is if u look theres a flat bit above the main door.

As a squad we pretty much always go ferry pier if its possible. The school is mental but thats what helped me work out the shooting mechanics.

As solo you may as well drop somewhere mental like military base. First chicken dinner I won solo I hid on a boat till there were about 20 left.

Fair bit of luck involved circle wise

Lb boosts your cars speed and aim for 234 km (straight down) and your chute will pop earlier meaning you hit the ground sooner.

Edited by jaangus at 18:39:24 04-01-2018
  • Technoishmatt 4 Jan 2018 21:49:21 2,217 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It is all about Pochinki. I am pretty much exclusively a Pochinki man now, even more so on xbox one. Basically it is big enough that you can avoid others players (you are rarely alone), but also there is good loot so you shoudl be able to find a gun or two and some armor/health before you need to get into a gunfight. You should also always be able to hear somebody coming (and know whether it is in a building or outside), although you could always get ambushed by somebody just camping a building and peering out windows.

On parachuting - the key is to go straight down at max speed, and then just before your chute is due to open up to stop looking down. For some reason you get a much bigger drop before your chute kicks in, so you hit the ground quicker.

Grenades are indeed useful - but take up a lot of inventory space for some reason.
  • ChiefGB 4 Jan 2018 22:10:49 7,548 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Grenades are great for creating panic in those final stage small zone moments where everyone is generally hiding in trees/tall grass.
  • Pierre2k 4 Jan 2018 23:07:08 945 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I haven't been entirely sold on PUBG, mainly due to it being janky as the concept is still enticing. However, just had my best game.

Like Techno above, I'm all about Pochinki. You always get some decent guns, ammo and kit. Not the best perhaps, but sufficient. I started there, killed 3 people (bringing my lifetime total over about 12 games to 4, so you can see what a difference this was) and finished 2nd! So close, yet so far. Got some decent guns early on and the red dot sight made all the difference. First kill was a guy someone else was shooting at. Never seen who, but when he hide to avoid one guy, I picked him off from quite a distance. 2nd guy ran straight past me and I shot him in the back. 3rd guy was hiding near a house and didn't spot me sneak up on him and shoot him from the doorway.

The end, 1 on 1, was incredibly tense. I had a decent chance, with plenty of ammo and health. Ended with a head on, face to face dun fight, but his sub machine gun overwhelmed my single fire assault rifle. Close, but no cigar.

Moments like that make the game.
  • Pierre2k 4 Jan 2018 23:08:52 945 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Meant to add, I haven't played PUBG since before Xmas so I'm benefiting from the recent patches. It's still pretty poor, but aiming and hit detection definitely seemed better. Miles to go, but far far better than it used to be. Not just because of the kills, but the acceleration didn't seem as out of control.
  • DuvaDan88 5 Jan 2018 04:12:11 569 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I canít get enough of this won 3 chicken dinners in the last 24hrs. I played solo and duo the most and the odd squad game here and there. Iím playing on a X and think for a preview title that doesnít look great on PC itís fine where it is, it will only get better as time goes on.

I like to land somewhere remote and scavenge my way to victory, let the others get the loot for me and take it once I get the kill.
  • Derblington 5 Jan 2018 15:47:17 30,192 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I really enjoy playing this but i can't get my head around the gun feel. Aiming/shooting doesn't feel right and I just can't do it - I lose almost every shootout. I want it to be much snappier but it's just so bad.
  • Page

of 19 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.