Enjoying something when someone involved in making it turns out to be a sex pest, criminal, arsehole Page 12

• Page

of 24 First / Last

• Reallysorry 10 Nov 2017 15:18:58 697 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @MrTomFTW I never really liked him because he did such a good job as a heel but he had some of the best matches ever and I can't watch any of them back, can't even listen to his theme music and my girlfriend bloody loves the song.

Also Watkins from lost prophets probably impacted me the most I'd seen them several times at tiny shows when they were just breaking in & shinobi vs Dragon ninja is one of my favourite all time songs but I can't listen to it anymore as the first thing that pops into your head is that scum bag.
  • JamboWayOh 10 Nov 2017 15:20:24 3,396 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @thelzdking

You fucking what?! Narc!
  • robthehermit 10 Nov 2017 15:31:31 6,187 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I can't say that I have a problem with watching stuff where the it has since been revealed that the star is a scumbag. It just doesn't factor into my enjoyment, and regardless of what goes on behind the scenes you shouldn't let it change what you see when you watch a film. I wouldn't be inviting Kevin Spacey round for a cup of tea anytime soon, but I'd happily sit down and watch K-Pax or Usual Suspects etc.

Mrs Hermit is a bit more discerning than me though, and will stop watching something if it's revealed that the star is a twat. She also thinks that I have the emotional range of a teaspoon.
  • Psychotext 10 Nov 2017 15:47:29 62,028 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I feel differently, because in a lot of cases it's their success and popularity that's given them this power... and I've helped with that shit by being a fan / buying their films etc.

Plus I definitely agree with the arguments on people like Woody Allen / Louis CK, where their personal lives have fed directly into their art.
  • Chug666 10 Nov 2017 15:54:35 341 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Reallysorry I'm the same with Lost Prophets- went to see them loads in 2000-2003 and Shinobi was one of my top Uni albums. I've not binned the discs (yet) but there is no way I could listen to them and relax/enjoy them now.
  • Fake_Blood 10 Nov 2017 16:02:52 7,844 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    robthehermit wrote:
    macmurphy wrote:
    Itís not really a joke. Itís true. A lot of films we were brought up on, no meant yes. If they try and fight you off, hold them roughly and keep kissing and eventually theyíll melt like butter.

They twigged that wasnít the case a few years back, but it was a cinematic staple when I was a kid.

Itís not funny, itís just the way it was. Like inappropriate touching and rock stars doing statutory.
    This is very true. Try rewatching the bond films. Sean Connery is proper rapey.
    This thread really needs a soundtrack.

I'm just going to keep this ball rolling.

• JamboWayOh 10 Nov 2017 16:36:47 3,396 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That song Young Girl is well paedo. What the fuck was Gary Puckett thinking when he wrote that?
  • spamdangled 10 Nov 2017 16:49:44 30,995 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    I wonder if the Spacey stuff was an open secret in Hollywood and that's partly why Netflix and Ridley Scott are so quick to wash their hands of him. Like 'sorry son, you've been caught now and we all know what that means, games up'
    His sexuality was an open secret for sure. Apparently he likes to go cruising in London.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 10 Nov 2017 17:06:41 4,731 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    robthehermit wrote:
    macmurphy wrote:
    Itís not really a joke. Itís true. A lot of films we were brought up on, no meant yes. If they try and fight you off, hold them roughly and keep kissing and eventually theyíll melt like butter.

They twigged that wasnít the case a few years back, but it was a cinematic staple when I was a kid.

Itís not funny, itís just the way it was. Like inappropriate touching and rock stars doing statutory.
    This is very true. Try rewatching the bond films. Sean Connery is proper rapey.
    This thread really needs a soundtrack.

I'm just going to keep this ball rolling.

• Your-Mother 10 Nov 2017 18:59:52 744 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    So, Louis CK just admitted it's all true.
  • Your-Mother 10 Nov 2017 19:02:33 744 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    I want to address the stories told to The New York Times by five women named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and one who did not.

These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was O.K. because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isnít a question. Itís a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly. I have been remorseful of my actions. And Iíve tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now Iím aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position. I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didnít want to hear it. I didnít think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it. There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with. I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I admired their work.

The hardest regret to live with is what youíve done to hurt someone else. And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them. Iíd be remiss to exclude the hurt that Iíve brought on people who I work with and have worked with whoís professional and personal lives have been impacted by all of this, including projects currently in production: the cast and crew of Better Things, Baskets, The Cops, One Mississippi, and I Love You, Daddy. I deeply regret that this has brought negative attention to my manager Dave Becky who only tried to mediate a situation that I caused. Iíve brought anguish and hardship to the people at FX who have given me so much The Orchard who took a chance on my movie. and every other entity that has bet on me through the years. Iíve brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother.

I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen. Thank you for reading.
  • elstoof 10 Nov 2017 19:02:35 18,669 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    spamdangled wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    I wonder if the Spacey stuff was an open secret in Hollywood and that's partly why Netflix and Ridley Scott are so quick to wash their hands of him. Like 'sorry son, you've been caught now and we all know what that means, games up'
    His sexuality was an open secret for sure. Apparently he likes to go cruising in London.
    Goodness, really? So is that what the whole mugged-while-walking-dog-in-Clapham-common-at-4am story was actually about?
  • M83J01P97 10 Nov 2017 19:02:35 7,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Your-Mother wrote:
    So, Louis CK just admitted it's all true.
    Yep, at least heís not trying to cover anything up or shift blame. But he can now fuck off and hopefully never return to our screens.

Edited by M83J01P97 at 19:03:25 10-11-2017
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 10 Nov 2017 19:07:37 4,731 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Your-Mother Was half of this his draft award acceptance speech and he's just tagged some BS about how he thought being an abuser was cool at the start?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 10 Nov 2017 19:09:48 11,053 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Best he could have said in the circumstances really.
  • neilka 10 Nov 2017 19:10:51 20,596 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Does WH Smiths do "Sorry I Wanked At You" cards?
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 10 Nov 2017 19:16:09 4,731 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    "Sorry I got caught and ruined your careers, I have just learnt this week that apparently women don't like you locking them in a room while you wank at them"

fuck that creep
  • Fake_Blood 10 Nov 2017 19:20:23 7,844 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Extra points for using the word dick in an apology.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 10 Nov 2017 19:21:15 552 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Utterly devastated about the Louis CK thing today.
  • elstoof 10 Nov 2017 19:21:52 18,669 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Why
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 10 Nov 2017 19:23:05 4,731 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/59yjna/worst-take-of-the-week-louis-ck-vs-giles-coren

Does my boyfriend post here?

I know youíre upset, but the "this one really hurts" line isnít doing you any favours . . . Your "surprise" and "hurt" is part of the web that enables this sort of shit to carry on Ė men like CK use their work, their influence and their success to cover for them.
    Edited by simpleexplodingmaybe at 19:24:15 10-11-2017
  • M83J01P97 10 Nov 2017 19:25:09 7,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes... why?

Heís another one whose had rumours circulating around him for a while. Amy Poehler asked for him to no longer be part of Parks and Recreation And was written out after they planned for him to be a long term character on the show... there was never any explanation why but you can read between the lines now.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 10 Nov 2017 19:25:21 11,053 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Why
    Because he's the best stand up in the world and we probably won't see him again? Because his show is great and we won't see it again?
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 10 Nov 2017 19:36:47 4,731 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah but he's a king creeper so your life will be better without any subtextual pro-abuse undertones to the stuff you watch instead
  • Fake_Blood 10 Nov 2017 19:37:34 7,844 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Back to songs you couldn't release in 2017.

• RelaxedMikki 10 Nov 2017 19:40:30 2,268 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have just watched Louis CK for the first time on YouTube. Never seen him before.

I realise that I am being biased because I know in advance that he is a willy waver, but he is not making me laugh.

We'll be alright without him.
  • elstoof 10 Nov 2017 19:41:37 18,669 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Heís a fucking stand up ffs, his ďartĒ has a shelf life of one tour schedule. Who gives a fuck if he disappears now, heís only going to either become irrelevant or transition into game show hosting at some point
  • DrStrangelove 10 Nov 2017 19:41:48 11,191 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
  • anephric 10 Nov 2017 19:45:05 2,743 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Even Danny Elfman was at it. I've often wondered what was going through his mind when he wrote this. I think he came up with some half-assed explanation/apology about being mindlessly provocative.

https://vimeo.com/47162346
  • DrStrangelove 10 Nov 2017 19:45:09 11,191 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @RelaxedMikki & elstoof

I disagree, I think Louis CK was much funnier than everyone else.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 19:45:43 10-11-2017
  • Page

of 24 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.