Weinstein sexual harassment accusations Page 2

• Page

of 13 First / Last

• JamboWayOh 12 Oct 2017 17:10:56 2,529 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    ...another story about some big star who raped Corey Haim which led to his suicide...
    It's more or less known that this was Joel Schumacher. Corey Feldman has been pretty overt about it.
    I did not know that, I thought it was Charlie Sheen.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 Oct 2017 17:13:15 9,821 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah I edited that post. Seems that's lot of conflicting rumours. Probably best not to speculate.
  • anephric 12 Oct 2017 17:16:25 2,699 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And, of course, this stuff has been going on for decades. Allegedly, Barren Weatty and Nack Jicholson had an underage shagging club in the 70s, which led directly to Polanski doing what he did.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Oct 2017 17:17:05 2,529 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Regardless the Hollywood machine is pretty Grim it seems. It's so odd that a lot of this stuff is such an open secret that's been largely ignored.
  • Daryoon 12 Oct 2017 17:34:23 5,867 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Regardless the Hollywood machine is pretty Grim it seems. It's so odd that a lot of this stuff is such an open secret that's been largely ignored.
    Isn't that always how it is, though?
  • JamboWayOh 12 Oct 2017 17:36:01 2,529 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I suppose.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 Oct 2017 17:38:17 9,821 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's how these things work. If everyone knows then everyone is complicit, and then everyone is at risk.

There have been plenty of whistleblowers in the past as well, but it just gets ignored somehow.
  • RGeefe 12 Oct 2017 17:43:21 84 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nobody is coming out of this looking good. Ironically, it may do the younger Hollywood actors some good if they haven't been involved.

Though it does make Quentin Tarantino look ridiculously suspect.
  • anephric 12 Oct 2017 17:45:45 2,699 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tarantino's always been a sleaze. He used to brag about how many strippers he'd banged.

All of this is just sleazy though, not illegal. There's a difference between skeezing on desperate young things trying to sleep their way to the top and running down a hallway masturbating over Rose McGowan and paying her off afterwards.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 12 Oct 2017 18:34:24 430 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    anephric wrote:
    And, of course, this stuff has been going on for decades. Allegedly, Barren Weatty and Nack Jicholson had an underage shagging club in the 70s, which led directly to Polanski doing what he did.
    Don't forget Errol Flynns flying fuckers!

"Okay, so I’m going to play this little Indian kid in Rudyard Kipling’s tale of Kim and Errol Flynn is going to play the other guy. While they’re building the sets, I come onto the sound stage with my mother and the studio teacher, the perfect Norman Rockwell portrait of middle America – sixty-three years old, sweet, giving, a long-suffering spinster with the rimless glasses and high lace collar. She was terrific with her rosy cheeks. Didn’t even have to blue her hair; she had her own natural white hair. She and my mother were flanking me.

Errol Flynn came up to me. Somebody said, “This is Dean Stockwell.” Of course, he’s bigger than me, and with this gleam in his eye, he looked down at me. He stuck out his hand and said, “Hi. Have you had your first fuck yet?”

There was a moment, it lasted an eternity, where both my mother and the teacher were going “Brrrr,” like pigeons with a gnat up their ass, blushing and doing everything but bleeding on either side of me. Flynn is still staring at me, waiting for me to answer him, but I didn’t know what the word meant. I’m just looking at this guy, thinking, I finally found a friend, a father."

Edited by whatfruitlivesagain at 18:41:37 12-10-2017
  • Tomo 12 Oct 2017 18:42:43 15,543 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Some awkward videos of BAffleck doing the rounds as well, sleazing and feeling up women on camera.
  • elstoof 12 Oct 2017 19:39:12 18,493 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    anephric wrote:
    Are you sure you don’t mean Rolanski? Poman Rolanski?
  • anephric 12 Oct 2017 20:16:54 2,699 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My lawyer has advised me to say yes.
  • anephric 12 Oct 2017 20:26:11 2,699 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And also to take a hit of the little brown bottle in his shaving kit.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Oct 2017 23:45:53 2,529 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So Rose McGowan has come out and claimed that Weinstein raped her. Holy Fuck.
  • spindizzy 13 Oct 2017 01:11:44 7,645 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    She's been suggesting that since day one, no? She couldn't be explicit about who it was because she presumably had to sign something when she got paid. But she said her ex sold her film to the man who raped her.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/rose-mcgowan-raped-studio-head-1201889536/

But it was pretty clear who she meant.

This is all so sordid and awful.
  • SpaceMonkey77 13 Oct 2017 03:22:10 921 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wow! I'm not one to read the papers for these kinds of things for good reason. What an awful mess & devastating for those involved. Just what do you say or do? Rose, I hope you & others are gonna be okay. If true its super brave to come out & say something, but also career destroying of asteroid/life proportions. The dark power of some over others is clear. Many no doubt live in fear, for while most are about making their arts, there are probably those who could damage & end lives. All the best to you, or whatever you do in life recovering from this mess

Someone mentioned the Coreys. When I was growing up, I was a big fan of the Coreys, Haim & Feldman, especially after Lost Boys (one of the first movies purchased in our house in the VHS era) & they used to be big & their comedy was fun back in the day. Great teen comic talent & they bounced well off of each other, or individually. As the years went on though something went wrong, which the remaining Corey alluded to, but could not talk about, now I see why. I like many, was super gutted when Haim died, but good to still have Feldman around, & I see why he's not really acting much these days, unless in smaller projects, which is a pity. Haim is still missed & I think what happened to Haim, Feldman still carries great scars from, as they were good friends.

But I digress, I don't like this kind of ill life destroying stuff, & ill like seeing anyone in pain, rich or poor, but it also shows that fame & fortune can sadly come for some at a great price.

I'll lastly add here that my view is my own & not associated with others, for a very good reason. Make arts, earn, be happy & don't be stupid ill.

Edited by SpaceMonkey77 at 04:09:55 13-10-2017
  • Quacktastic 13 Oct 2017 08:32:53 22 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    SpaceMonkey77 wrote:
    Rose, I hope you & others are gonna be okay.
    I'm sure she'll be along soon to thank you for your time.

I'll lastly add here that my view is my own & not associated with others, for a very good reason. Make arts, earn, be happy & don't be stupid ill.
    Yeah Harvey, don't be stoopid ill blud, don't be getting real freaky naughty ya big alleged rapist!

Edited by Quacktastic at 08:34:25 13-10-2017
  • Lukus 13 Oct 2017 08:56:00 20,819 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Harvey Weinstein touched my bum inappropriately.

/misunderstands thread title
  • reviewer 13 Oct 2017 08:57:43 4,640 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The head of amazon studios now suspended.
  • SpaceMonkey77 13 Oct 2017 10:42:58 921 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A sour, horrid topic indeed, so I'm going to rest my view on this awfulness there. I'm not going to accuse anyone, for I don't live out there. Since I'm not there & can't know what they are going through, so yeah. Enough from me, for I'm no gumshoe & I'll leave you guys to chat on this one.

Apologies to my friends.

Edited by SpaceMonkey77 at 10:46:35 13-10-2017
  • minky-kong 13 Oct 2017 10:49:11 13,135 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SpaceMonkey77 wrote:
    for I'm no gumshoe
    Come now, don't do yourself down so much! I'm sure you can crack this case!
  • the_milkybar_kid 13 Oct 2017 10:50:40 5,915 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah. You've got your own problems to worry about, right? How's the tin foil holding up?
  • JamboWayOh 13 Oct 2017 10:58:32 2,529 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    God, the indiscriminate use of commas and ampersands was making my eyes bleed. Comes in to shit up a thread and leaves after saying pretty much nothing. Classic SpaceMonkey77.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 11:06:50 13-10-2017
  • Addy_B 13 Oct 2017 10:59:15 1,135 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    He starts talking gibberish again when he goes 2 days without any child eating.
  • ubergine 14 Oct 2017 08:42:23 7,431 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are there ever any complaints about physically attractive sexual predators? or are they always some slug who got rejected from Jabba's palace?

I mean, statistically there's got to be some fuckable creeps around, but you only hear about your Cosbys, Weinsteins and Soviles
  • nickthegun 14 Oct 2017 09:07:56 71,645 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Its terrible, but when they said his wife had left him and then showed a picture of her, the first thing I thought was 'what first attracted you to multi-millionaire Harvey Weinstein?'.

I'm sure he has a great personality. When he's not raping people.
  • H1ggyLTD 14 Oct 2017 10:10:28 7,498 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not convinced her or his buddies were entirely in the dark, either.
  • challenge_hanukkah 14 Oct 2017 10:29:26 5,055 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    At least this horrific turd of a human being is eating some humble cake.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/tory-mp-sir-david-amess-retracts-horrifying-comments-about-harvey-weinstein-and-blames-his-staff-a3658411.html
  • Technoishmatt 14 Oct 2017 15:14:12 1,955 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thing is - this terrible stuff has been rampant across many industries for decades. Only reason we "care" about it in Hollywood is because we all feel like we know the people involved and the actors involved have a platform with lots of voice - although of course the important feature in this is that the power that the execs and others have over the actors meant that they couldn't really speak up individually.

But we're not going to "care" about the lawyer, or financial consultant, or whatever else, that is also getting this treatment.
  • Page

of 13 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.