Forza Motorsport 7 Page 12

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• secombe 8 Oct 2017 08:06:19 1,452 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Formula E is not how I expected it, they brake traction when you so much as look at them. I was 4 seconds a lap off Expert AI until I took it really easy in the corners and kept off the power until I was almost completely straight again, it felt so much slower but my lap times tumbled, once I had that nailed theyíre brilliant and carry some serious speed through the bends.

Itís good that there is a tangible difference in how each type of car needs to be driven. I love the BTCC cars, you can drive the wheels off those things (much like real life, I imagine)

Edited by secombe at 08:07:01 08-10-2017

Edited by secombe at 08:07:32 08-10-2017
  • ModoX 8 Oct 2017 09:04:14 2,893 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I was shocked at those too, I'm not sure how they are in real life but I expected far more grip. Formula 70s are slippy too, as are Formula Ford, though they have no rear wings. I have Indy Car coming up so curious to see how they are. So far grip seems almost directly correlational to weight.

Edited by ModoX at 09:46:36 08-10-2017
  • StarchildHypocrethes 8 Oct 2017 09:21:08 30,724 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I tried the Indy Car rivals event and it handles really well. Plenty of grip round Road America any way.
  • Nitrous 8 Oct 2017 10:43:26 1,524 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    69 laps round spa. 240k.
    Nearly 3hours to complete though.

22 races
    47 cars owned
    7 hours driven
    94mph average
    3mil in credits.
  • ModoX 8 Oct 2017 12:24:22 2,893 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are you doing that just for the rewards or do you just enjoy it? I love spa but that sounds like torture!
  • Nitrous 8 Oct 2017 14:16:53 1,524 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @ModoX

No that was the showcase event but I decided if I was going to do an endurance event might as well set it to extra long and get a rare but ultimately worthless achievement and XP/cash.

Wont be doing that again though. Pitted twice and finished with shot tires and an empty tank but won eventually.
  • ModoX 8 Oct 2017 14:32:16 2,893 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Nitrous Ah right, nice. Did I see someone earlier in the thread say the AI don't pit?
  • Nitrous 8 Oct 2017 14:44:33 1,524 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @ModoX yep, different event.
    They did pit in my race. Not all on the same lap but the last to stop was on lap 22/23 which was when I made my stop as fuel was around 10% and tires 70/60% warn.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 8 Oct 2017 15:11:37 1,895 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finally got to play this, having got back from the US this morning. Haven't slept since noon yesterday (UK time), so perhaps not ideal conditions...

Overall, it's ok, I think. The feel of the driving on a pad is still the best around. The career structure is good, as are the quality of life features we now take for granted from Forza (though Gran Turismo and some other competitors still don't match them).

A few irritations as well, though. Performance in-race is superb (as it bloody well should be on an i7 6700K and a 1080 Ti, but there's a lot of stuttering on menus and in cutscenes. In fairness, this has been a feature of all of the XB1 Forza games as well, but given it wasn't in the PC version of Horizon 3, it's annoying to see it here.

The AI is terrible. Seriously, it's time to let the drivatars die.

In-game economy does feel a bit stingy. Hate the loot crates thing.

But overall, yeah, it's pretty good. It's become clear to be, however, that Horizon rather than Motorsport is now where my heart is.
  • secombe 8 Oct 2017 16:01:57 1,452 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Drivatar system is inherently flawed, because ramping up the difficulty just seems to artificially increase their speed on straights to makeup the lap time. Itís hilariously bad in Unbeatable, same class/homologation whatever yet they can put a good 30-40mph over you on a long straight.

The difficulty level is all over the shop, on the same difficulty vs the same opponents I can annihilate them within a few laps at Silverstone (they are appalling through Maggots) yet struggle to make the podium the next race somewhere else. If itís looking too easy Iíll stop mid way and let the top 10 past and try and take them all again before the end.
  • ModoX 8 Oct 2017 16:41:55 2,893 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They're rubbish on any fast corners it seems, as they slow down way too much. I always notice a weird approach to corners as well, they quite often brake far later than I do (to the extent where if I brake with them I go careening off the track), but then continue to slow down throughout the corner so I'm veering around them at the apex.
  • JiveHound 8 Oct 2017 16:46:11 8,942 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you want lols then Long Beach is hilarious. They can't get round the track at all.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 8 Oct 2017 16:50:09 1,895 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Poor AI handling of high-speed corners has always been a Forza trait. I can certainly remember it in 3 and 4, where it was always their biggest weakness, even on the higher difficulty settings.

My main irritation with the drivatar system is, as secombe says, that the difficulty tuning is completely fucked. There always seem to be a couple of drivers on the track who just ignore whatever difficulty setting you've chosen and definitely seem to be cheating within the bounds of the game's physics.

Plus it always seems to pick the drivatars with the chavest XBL handles to super-charge, which doubles the irritation.
  • whatthefu 8 Oct 2017 17:31:09 1,006 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chavest handles lol. Annoying
  • Nitrous 8 Oct 2017 17:32:14 1,524 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The A.I in FM6 was awful at long beach especially the start of the track.

I'm currently doing the touring car championship and that's proving difficult in the BMW on unbeatable A.I
  • Fourwisemen 8 Oct 2017 17:41:34 736 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did my first endurance race last night, set to long, 46 laps of Spa.

I managed 23 laps before needing a break and pitted at the half way point. Picked it up a few hours, and several beers later, to finish it off.

All was going great until the last two laps when the tires simply fell off a cliff and I could hardly keep it on track so had to do a second pit stop.

Thankfully the pace of been hitting, even after leaving sobriety, was pretty decent so had the time to spare but still felt genuinely tense. Iíd have been fuming if Iíd had wasted 2 hours to less than a win.

Bottom line though, loved it.

Edited by Fourwisemen at 17:43:08 08-10-2017
  • secombe 8 Oct 2017 17:42:48 1,452 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is anyone getting AI liveries since the patch a few days back? I havenít seen so many dull matte cars since but Iím still not getting liveries.
  • GloatingSwine 8 Oct 2017 18:10:25 3,603 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @JiveHound Long Beach is a huge pile up at the second corner. Also a shit track that can piss off. (See also: Silverstone, Hockenheim)
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Oct 2017 13:54:55 1,895 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Enjoying this a lot more since I set the race length to "long". That makes the races about the right length to catch up with those cheaty-drivatars and also makes some of the boost mods with the more demanding conditions (e.g. 10 perfect turns) a bit less stressful. Plus the huge increase in credit rewards per race you get from that helps a lot.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Oct 2017 20:01:43 30,724 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm enjoying the Formula E cars a surprising amount. They're a lot of fun.
  • ModoX 10 Oct 2017 08:34:49 2,893 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @StarchildHypocrethes you don't find they lose traction too easily?
  • StarchildHypocrethes 10 Oct 2017 08:41:25 30,724 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They do, you just have to be very easy on the brakes. They can carry a load of speed through corners though, you just sort of have to commit. They're entertaining.
  • secombe 10 Oct 2017 12:31:05 1,452 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As above, you have to be ultra smooth with cornering and throttle in the Formula E cars. Brake hard and straight, turn in smoothly and modulate the throttle until youíve straightened up again. Not easy on a pad but certainly do-able.

It feels slower in some ways but you can carry immense speed through the corners without breaking traction. I found a good 4 seconds per lap once I employed a fairly measured, cautious approach.
  • Nitrous 10 Oct 2017 18:30:47 1,524 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I raced one of the open championship races lastnight that allowed me to use and tune any car. The fast and furious SLS I'd tuned to middle S class was being eaten in a straight line by an A class WRX Subaru and BRZ. That should not be happening and that was pro A.I.

The GT sport demo has better A.I so I'm hoping Turn10 adjust the A.I behaviour for Forza 7 sooner rather than later.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 12 Oct 2017 16:33:18 1,895 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hah, so it seems that endurance event in the second tier has just put me up to Forza global rewards tier 9.
  • Nitrous 12 Oct 2017 21:46:30 1,524 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Don't know what's going on but I've just done a race at Bathurst and the frame rate wasn't even in double digits and then parts of the track just disappeared to the point where the A.I was in the gravel trap.

I'll have to upload the video tomorrow. It was bad for the whole race and it continued to the next track at which point I turned it off.

This has only just happened since the recently downloaded patch.
  • ModoX 14 Oct 2017 13:24:36 2,893 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm about to hit a bit of a wall in this, I've done two series in the final cup, I own a car for a third, then the rest mostly have cars that cost well over a mil, and I've only just saved up that amount.

Might get away with it as that's four series, I can do an open one for the fifth, and then I think SP wise I can finish it off with an event or two. Odd though as I'm used to rolling on credits in Forza by the time I'm at 24hrs+ in there.

I think I'll be done at that point though, I'll be pretty far off tier 6 and broke to boot, and I'm ready to get back to finishing F1.
  • solidsneek 16 Oct 2017 22:11:11 379 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Big horizon fan but got to say I am loving 7 at the moment nice mix of arcade style racing with serious racing event. Tracks are good especially too (tunnel section is beautiful) and the graphics especially rainfall -

Wow.
  • superbob85 16 Oct 2017 22:14:35 7,975 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Really think ms are overkill on the forza series far too many getting released. They should take the GT approach.
  • JiveHound 16 Oct 2017 22:19:35 8,942 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't think one every two years is too much.
  • Page

of 14 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.