Forza Motorsport 7 Page 8

• Page

of 15 First / Last

• ModoX 1 Oct 2017 06:35:02 2,924 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @secombe oh, really? I might just do that! Although I think if I don't barge through that one guy who goes five seconds a lap faster than everyone else will be so far down the road by the time I get to second that I'll be stuck doing roughly similar lap times and not catching up. I'll definitely give it a go though.
  • brainbird 1 Oct 2017 09:30:57 2,547 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wait what? Barebones Rivals mode and no Test Drive mode? What were they thinking?
  • DodgyPast 1 Oct 2017 10:37:57 9,240 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TPReview wrote:
    Just picked this up, GT is TPSou if anyone wants to do some races. I'm by no means great, a very casual racer!
    Added.

Anyone else can add dodgypast.
  • ModoX 1 Oct 2017 12:15:13 2,924 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Added :)

I'm on the Formula E series, which is cool, though even these can't keep their feet planted. I'm not sure how they are in real life but I expected an open wheel racer like that to be fairly grippy.

Anyway, I bumped it up to long races and have had two races - one I slowly picked my way through and ended up taking first a couple of laps before the end. The other I slowly picked my way through, and when I got to third about halfway through the race the other two were already 20 seconds up the road, so I dunno. It's much better, but I'm still not sure what the point of the SP format is in this, it's not racing so it's not all that satisfying.

I feel like I'm supposed to drop the difficulty and just trounce the competition, like that's the way they want you to play it.
  • TPReview 1 Oct 2017 12:39:39 1,220 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yup, I've always had that problem in Forza, on Medium I end up way out in front by the second lap, anything harder than that the slighest mistake makes me come last, I almost wish there was an option for some rubberbanding to make it closer every race.

I know it's not appropriate in simulation games but I kind of love the way The Crew/NFS seem to do it where the AI is super aggressive and good up until the end of the last lap, when you have a decent chance to make a comeback and win.

(Edit: By 'good' I mean they can win, not that they're smart or realistic)

Edited by TPReview at 12:40:09 01-10-2017
  • secombe 1 Oct 2017 20:26:25 1,453 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Really, really struggling with the difficulty level, itís killing the enjoyment of the Forza Cup for me. Iím on the second tier of events now, on ĎHighly Skilledí I was lapping the shortish Prague track 8 seconds per lap quicker than the Drivatars (its only a 1:30ish lap!) Yet on Horizon 3, Highly Skilled is a fairly serious challenge for me even with the more forgiving handling model. The next level up sees the first few cars just drive off and it takes some serious barging to gain enough early ground to stay in touch.

Im no driving god either, usually the very definition of average on leaderboards in fact.

On Highly Skilled Iím now doing ĎLongí races and rolling slowly down the start straight until Iím dead last, then every overtake has to be clean otherwise I give the place back (and clean isnít easy due to the appalling driving standards of the Drivatars). That at the very least makes the first 2/3rds of the race entertaining before I pass the leader.

Edited by secombe at 20:27:39 01-10-2017

Edited by secombe at 20:30:31 01-10-2017
  • Andee 2 Oct 2017 01:15:09 974 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Seems there's a fairly significant XP exploit at the moment. The Dodge Ram vip car has a 7500xp per race bonus on the test track. So with the new time limit mode that you can select for free play races, you can just keep re-running a 30s race on the test track.

Always feel conflicted about doing stuff like that. Seems like cheating. But with micro transactions incoming to help obtain some of the cars locked behind the grind, it could be a useful alternative.

Suppose it allows you to get some benefit out of the misleading and otherwise pointless VIP pass.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Oct 2017 06:57:54 30,781 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sounds fun.

Why race in a racing game when you can do that.
  • SYS64738 2 Oct 2017 08:04:34 4,859 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The more I hear about this game from first hand player experiences the more I'm thinking to just stick with Horizon 3.

A game this expensive being infested with micro transactions and free to play like gameplay elements is inexcusable for me. Really hate content being artificially locked away like that.

Will wait a bit more how badly it's implemented, hopefully it can largely be ignored.
  • ModoX 2 Oct 2017 08:18:38 2,924 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are microtransactions definitely coming? There's none in the game as it stands right now.

I tried online last night - what a disaster! Tracks like Rio and Long Beach are just a series of pile ups, and I was getting bouts of lag as well. I wouldn't mind but it does this weird thing where all of a sudden my game will go into slow motion and then suddenly speed back up to normal, so I flew straight into someone's back end as a result.
  • SYS64738 2 Oct 2017 08:30:25 4,859 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I read a few bits and bobs on the Forza forums about how the game appears to be designed with them in mind - those crates and certain "boost bonuses" (sorry I can't remember what they're called exactly in game) only being temporary rather than permanent, and how much grinding is required to unlock stuff.

Apologies my post above reads as if they're a fact while I was merely assuming things, although I would expect certain buy-to-win mechanics to appear once the cheapskate edition releases this week.

Also what I find pretty cheeky is that apparently the Ultimate edition includes all car DLC for the next 6 months only - I'd say many people didn't read that small print and will be massively disappointed, but didn't they do this with previous titles too?

Edited by SYS64738 at 08:32:29 02-10-2017
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Oct 2017 08:48:41 30,781 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The car pass has always been that length.
  • SYS64738 2 Oct 2017 08:55:14 4,859 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Suppose plenty other consumers must find that good value then, otherwise MS would probably stop offering it.
  • Nitrous 2 Oct 2017 09:04:55 1,553 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If I'd had know the VIP stuff was being changed I wouldn't have got the digital deluxe edition. Too late now.

They should have been more upfront about changes. Micro transactions will be coming but that's sometimes in the future as the usual tokens.

Hopefully I'll enjoy the game.
  • Globalmeltdown 2 Oct 2017 09:58:28 602 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Nitrous it's a brilliant game, I really love it, so much better than PC 2. I still think Drive Club is the best racer that I've ever played but Forza 7 runs it close 😀
  • secombe 2 Oct 2017 12:11:12 1,453 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Iím not a graphics whore in the slightest but I donít think itís that pretty. The AI cars look terrible (game breaking immersion terrible), particularly when itís anything but sunny, itís like they all have matte paint and are completely uninfluenced by the environment.

Interesting to see what DF comes up with as the comparison shots Iíve seen but FM6 ahead by some margin.

Edited by secombe at 12:12:16 02-10-2017
  • ModoX 2 Oct 2017 12:18:46 2,924 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Globalmeltdown I've seen you racking up the hours on my friends list! Agree that DriveClub is fantastic.

Out of interest, are you on a wheel? I'm wondering about the comparison with PCars2.
  • Globalmeltdown 2 Oct 2017 13:20:31 602 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ModoX hi mate, I'm on the controller for all racing games, would love a good wheel but not a viable prospect with my health problems. Forza feels good with a controller so I'm happy 😀
  • Captain_Toad 2 Oct 2017 15:18:51 389 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    What time does the pleb version unlock at?

Seems the whole world is having a meltdown over the VIP version.
  • Andee 2 Oct 2017 15:24:56 974 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If it works the same way as the ultimate edition then it should be midnight here in the UK, as the game unlock was based on your local time.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Oct 2017 15:25:13 30,781 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Midnight I'd imagine.

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that paying extra for a deluxe/special/ultimate/vip version of a game is actually a bit of a waste of money.
  • drawfull 2 Oct 2017 16:53:24 53 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @ModoX I play on a wheel and never got on with PC1. The handling in PC2 is miles better but I would say F7 is easier to drive.

The FFB in PC2 is, in my opinion, better than Forza but I think that's partly because it needs to be since Forza is more arcadey. Using T300 and T3PA for what it's worth.

Edit: Check out ISRTV's review of PC2, has a couple of good tips for the FFB settings.

Edited by drawfull at 16:54:46 02-10-2017
  • Drakesmoke 2 Oct 2017 16:54:38 361 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The 'economy' in the game is definitely off. Similar to how Forza 5 was in fact in terms of never feeling you have enough credits.

Colour me very dissatisfied with the handling of VIP also, with the stingy and complicated economy making that hurt more.

The game and the driving is still ace though. The new lighting conditions bring a lot more atmosphere than it's had.
  • ModoX 2 Oct 2017 16:58:33 2,924 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @drawfull interesting. Did you fiddle with the Forza settings? I find almost all the cars in Forza very slippy, even with track cars it seems the fastest way round a corner is to pile into it and control the back end as you go through.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Oct 2017 17:01:23 30,781 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I donít mind them lowering the amount of credits you get tbh. Forza 6 just spunked money at you like it had the gush; whereas this sounds like it harkens back to the good old GT2 days of riding round in a banger until you could afford a slightly upgraded sweet ride. The limited edition cars sound like the old GT Used Cars section too, which is kinda cool.
  • ModoX 2 Oct 2017 17:08:50 2,924 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm still finding I own a lot of cars. I've done maybe... six series, and I think I own three times that number of cars. I hate it when I'm drowning in vehicles because they don't feel special at all. FH3 I've barely touched most of the cars in my garage, whereas in F1 I drive the same car for hours on end and I got excited to move from McLaren to Toro Rosso because the cars felt pretty different.

Especially if you're on long races, you'll rack up money in no time.
  • Drakesmoke 2 Oct 2017 17:12:36 361 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    I donít mind them lowering the amount of credits you get tbh. Forza 6 just spunked money at you like it had the gush; whereas this sounds like it harkens back to the good old GT2 days of riding round in a banger until you could afford a slightly upgraded sweet ride. The limited edition cars sound like the old GT Used Cars section too, which is kinda cool.
    Horses for courses and all that...but as I become increasingly time poor I want to just have fun. I have a job for the grind IRL!
  • drawfull 2 Oct 2017 17:21:42 53 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @ModoX Yes. There's a post on the previous page with a link to the official forums. If you follow that link, there's another link within that that takes you to the t300 settings I'm using and tips for other wheels too:

Mine:

Axes: all 0 / 100 (handbrake 0/ 999,999,999)
    Via Scale - 100
    FFB Scale - 90
    Steering Sensitivity - 100
    Linearity - 50
    FFB Understeer - 5
    FFB Min Force - 80
    Wheel Damper - 0
    Center Spring - 0

Thrustmaster App:
    900 degs
    Overall 90
    Constant 100
    Periodic 100
    Spring 0
    Damper 0
    Auto-center - by the game

The Porsche in the demo and John Works Mini both feel accurate (for a game) with those settings. Out of the cars I've unlocked they're the only two I have had in real life.
  • Globalmeltdown 2 Oct 2017 19:12:21 602 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't forget to use the Forza hub to claim credits for Forza 7, I got 400,000 yesterday and more coming soon on the hub 😀
  • Nitrous 2 Oct 2017 19:45:28 1,553 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Globalmeltdown

Yep I'll be loading up the forza hub tomorrow or tonight. I had loads of download money messages in FM6 and had a silly amount of money
  • Page

of 15 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.