I am 35 and I have my 1st ever driving lesson in the morning Page 5

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next
  • bad09 25 Sep 2017 14:11:37 7,971 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Ror

I think now the first one is out the way I'm fine. I know I made mistakes (though to be honest I think I'm being a little too hard on myself as well as my instructor thought I did really well for a first lesson) but now quite keen to get in a car and improve rather than fearing the driving itself, once I had a feel of what's required to operate one I was over that hump....until I do roundabouts!
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 25 Sep 2017 14:15:56 10,338 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Roundabouts are easy. Just remember you have right of way when waiting to get on the roundabout, so anyone on the roundabout should stop. Check left on approach, flash your lights twice and enter quickly pulling the wheel sharply to the left as you accelerate into the flow.
  • Ror 25 Sep 2017 14:16:46 16,267 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @bad09 Possibly a bit better to be slightly over-critical than overconfident - as you said, you're keen to improve, and that's a good thing.

And yeah, that's what I mean by saying the first lesson is probably the hardest, as you're kind of jumping in at the deep end. Though what helped me was to remind myself that people do this when they're seventeen, and we're all fucking idiots at that age ;)
  • bad09 25 Sep 2017 14:19:51 7,971 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Roundabouts are easy. Just remember you have right of way when waiting to get on the roundabout, so anyone on the roundabout should stop. Check left on approach, flash your lights twice and enter quickly pulling the wheel sharply to the left as you accelerate into the flow.
    You're either joking or an Audi driver :)
  • bad09 25 Sep 2017 14:21:01 7,971 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Ror

Yeah, when I think back to all my thick as shit mates at seventeen that passed I must have a chance at least :)
  • captainrentboy 12 Oct 2017 21:20:46 1,666 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Passed my driving test today (First attempt) at the grand old age of 35.
    The tosser made me go through the most horrendous local route possible, and even threw in an emergency stop towards the end.
    I'd like to say it was flawless, but I built up a rather impressive 11 minors. :)
    All done now though, don't have to worry about that shit again. (The waiting time is around 12 weeks for my local, which was one of the reasons I was dreading failing)
  • Ror 12 Oct 2017 22:41:43 16,267 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wahey, congrats!

/first timer hi five
  • Jyzzy-Z 12 Oct 2017 22:51:38 2,174 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Congrats. Enjoy driving for a few months until nuclear Armageddon
  • Ror 12 Oct 2017 23:06:35 16,267 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hey, at least now he can drive out to the countryside to wait out said nuclear fires and get stuck in the resulting apocalyptic gridlock with the rest of us
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.