Monster Hunter World Page 2

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• Alastair 21 Jun 2017 13:34:20 21,000 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Not in a position to watch the video just now.
    Are Insect Glaives in?
  • INSOMANiAC 21 Jun 2017 13:50:13 4,467 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @UncleLou I've watched a fair bit and it's definitely a full blown MH, it has some 'quality of life improvements' such as not using the paintballs and being able to farm stuff as you run past it, I dont think the net or the mining are in either. These things are a bit disappointing but some of the environmental stuff and ecosytem stuff they've put in is amazing, I was sceptical at first but I really do now think this is going to be an excellent MH, I think sometimes we can get stuck in our ways and complain about not having nets etc. The one thing I do not like is that you can warp back to the camp at any point and change your full armour set while there (assuming you're not in combat)

Some things seem like they're dumbing down for a casual audience but I'm convinced they're just making it a little more sleek and refined, at the end of the day it's still MH and it's still going to be hard as fuck 200 hours in.

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 13:51:22 21-06-2017
  • INSOMANiAC 21 Jun 2017 13:56:50 4,467 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mrharvest wrote:
    Malek86 wrote:
    Anyway, it was about time we got a Monster Hunter game on PS4.
    Not only PS4 - this is due to come out on XBox1 and PC! You're probably right about MH5. I guess this one is like Frontier Online 2?
    This is being made by the guy who makes all the main line MH games, he's stated that it is MH5 in all but name as they didn't want people new to the series on Console/PC to feel like they've missed out several game.
  • Deleted user 21 June 2017 14:01:47
    Why is this game not out yet :(
  • AaronTurner 21 Jun 2017 15:02:02 9,563 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Graxlar_v2 wrote:
    Why is this game not out yet :(
    Patience, 2019 isn't too far off.
  • mrharvest 7 Jul 2017 12:36:46 5,448 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEmrY8Yng6U

Another video of the demo mission, if anyone is interested.
  • oldschoolsoviet 7 Jul 2017 19:14:50 6,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yep, the English version cleared up a few points. Namely that "scoutflies" can fuck off. :D Think it's been mentioned elsewhere that they're an option like the damage values, thankfully. The mantle system looks interesting, depending on variations, and I still like the set changing mid-quest.

Sometimes there a lots of changes to games from 'structured' E3 demo footage, but this doesn't need many at all. Big likes from me.
  • mrharvest 8 Jul 2017 05:33:33 5,448 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm not sure how I feel about the set changing mid-hunt. It feels like a quality of life improvement but on the other hand, part of the appeal was those surprise moments when you find yourself ill equipped and just having to make do with what you've got. Same with the *ahem* scout flies - they simplify the game flow but wasn't part of the charm that you had to actively use your noggin' to figure out where the enemy was going to go?

Otherwise I really dig the level design and the use of elevation. Also the removal of load screens? Yes please!
  • oldschoolsoviet 8 Jul 2017 06:42:40 6,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    For an old hand, it was definitely the learning of behaviour, and movement pattern that formed the key part of the hunt. Knowing where a wounded monster would limp off to to set up traps in advance etc. Scoutflies are not for me, but if it helps out newcomers, I'm all for it increasing the audience/accessability.

Part of me fears it'll devolve into "chase the green" groups rather than planning ahead though. Why learn if it's handed on a plate ?

Reading that pastebin link on the previous page has me sad at no village though - hoping the lobbies will at least be towns of some fashion.
    I need taverns and comedy cat chefs dammit !
  • ZuluHero 8 Jul 2017 18:22:02 5,945 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I do like that they kept the jump and cling on and stabby stabby from MH4. And the spiderman rope seems pretty fun too!
  • brokenkey 8 Jul 2017 18:33:22 9,128 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:

Part of me fears it'll devolve into "chase the green" groups rather than planning ahead though. Why learn if it's handed on a plate ?

!
    are those bugs just the same as the psychic skill, or using a paintball?
  • Alastair 9 Jul 2017 00:22:36 21,000 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I would say so. But I guess the bugs are always there, rather than wearing off like a paintball...?
  • UncleLou Moderator 18 Aug 2017 10:34:26 38,869 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    New video. I like what I am seeing:

• ChiefGB 18 Aug 2017 13:13:46 7,381 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Need to catch up on all this, only seen the announce trailer.
  • shamblemonkee 22 Aug 2017 19:47:52 17,698 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    *chucking money at the screen*
  • Rodderz 22 Aug 2017 21:10:55 2,898 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've somehow managed to have never played a Monster Hunter game before, but everything I've seen of this looks brilliant so far and has pushed it up to being one of my most wanted games for 2018.
  • oldschoolsoviet 19 Sep 2017 10:40:14 6,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's always been a background and the teasing of a story/world through item descriptions and hints (almost in a Souls fashion now I've thought about it), so it'll be interesting to see how they handle it. I'm already asking myself if the "Commission" mentioned are the actual Guild renamed, or an offshoot, a rogue faction....

Guessing it'll be fairly standard plotwise, okay, but I'm getting huge Lost Planet 2 flashbacks, and that's a good thing for moi. Lost Planet chaos+Monster Hunter+improved online+lances= :D

More importantly, was that a Chameleos ? The (greyish?) NagaKura can do one, but I loved those Chameleos armours. Fuzzball looks to be annoyingly frustrating however.....

HYPE RAISED
  • Alastair 19 Sep 2017 10:40:20 21,000 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It would be nice to get a release date hint...
  • LittleSparra 19 Sep 2017 10:43:23 7,122 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    28/1/17, on PS4/XB1. Dunno about PC. Probs same?
  • oldschoolsoviet 19 Sep 2017 10:47:58 6,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just saw the front page, missed it in the trailer doh.

January ! Woo ! A few months earlier than expected (and I hoped for given how finished it looked).

Ed: comments are saying a few weeks delay for PC.

Edited by oldschoolsoviet at 10:48:41 19-09-2017
  • MrFlay 19 Sep 2017 10:54:34 3,625 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No Switch version? Pretty weak from Capcom given that the series is still alive due to 3DS.
  • UncleLou Moderator 19 Sep 2017 10:55:09 38,869 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Not a lot of hype for this, somehow, is there? I think it looks terrific, but this thread barely has two pages, and there aren't a lot of comments on articles about the game, either.
  • UncleLou Moderator 19 Sep 2017 10:57:03 38,869 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:
    No Switch version? Pretty weak from Capcom given that the series is still alive due to 3DS.
    There have been rumours that Sony has paid Capcom not to make a Switch version. I don't think there's any evidence whatsoever, mind.
  • brokenkey 19 Sep 2017 11:31:21 9,128 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Not a lot of hype for this, somehow, is there? I think it looks terrific, but this thread barely has two pages, and there aren't a lot of comments on articles about the game, either.
    Its going to be on the playstation stand, playable, at EGX this week. Capcom are shitty though at user engagement. It should have its own stand.
  • MrFlay 19 Sep 2017 11:36:10 3,625 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    MrFlay wrote:
    There have been rumours that Sony has paid Capcom not to make a Switch version. I don't think there's any evidence whatsoever, mind.
    It's certainly plausible given Sony's track record and the marketing deal Capcom has with them.
  • Malek86 19 Sep 2017 11:40:19 6,440 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I still find it hard to believe, because why would they let them make an Xbox version then?

These are always "rumors". But where exactly these rumors come from, nobody ever knows. Chances are, it was just some guys on 2ch.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:40:59 19-09-2017
  • LittleSparra 19 Sep 2017 11:45:34 7,122 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not that I think that story holds any credence, but the logical response would be 'the Xbox is not a competitor in Japan'.

But yeah, just make it exclusive, eh.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.