Monster Hunter World Page 67

• Page

of 77 First / Last

• Graxlar_v3 13 Feb 2018 12:28:24 1,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    If you're talking insect glaive, you need to fire the insect at the monster to fill the vails.

Some good vids on u tooob.
    C'mon... He mentions charge blade in the post.
  • H1ggyLTD 13 Feb 2018 12:29:21 8,487 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh.

Sorry.
  • GarlVinland 13 Feb 2018 12:34:03 2,666 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    I finished the LR story last night. \o/
    So many side quest bits and bobs that I want to do, as well as progressing the main questline:
    - Rathian and 'los to get the bandit mantle
    - Ecology hunting to get a couple of the trophies
    - Bow practice
    - SA practice
    - Poogie costumes
    - Getting enough Boulder Bones to make all the Dragonbone weapons
    Think I'm 7 assignments away from that. Just downed Paolumu.

What rarity of weapon are you able to craft at that point? I just assume that as you've killed Zorah Magdaros at that point the story is over and everything is unlocked, but I'm gonna guess I'm wrong there.

Want the Cera Coilbender bow.
  • Devilligan 13 Feb 2018 12:52:47 497 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ecu

I've not played much charge blade, so not the best person to tell you.

I know you have to attack the monster first with your sword to charge it up. Then, when it's glowing you have to put the charge either into your shield or axe, to do elemental attacks.

This should explain all you need to know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoGn9vSVv6I
  • Alastair 13 Feb 2018 13:02:21 21,543 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:

What rarity of weapon are you able to craft at that point? I just assume that as you've killed Zorah Magdaros at that point the story is over and everything is unlocked, but I'm gonna guess I'm wrong there.

It's just the end of Low Rank.
    There are plenty of High Rank quests I think, and still new monsters to meet.

I think I have Rarity 4 weapons.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Feb 2018 13:05:40 1,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Alastair wrote:
    GarlVinland wrote:

I think the second Zorah mission is the end of the tutorial
  • PazJohnMitch 13 Feb 2018 13:10:40 13,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I did Zora MegaASS 2 yesterday and do not appear to have opened High Rank yet.

I assume it will kick in as soon as I do an Expedition in the first area which is my next task.
  • Alastair 13 Feb 2018 13:18:22 21,543 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    I assume it will kick in as soon as I do an Expedition in the first area which is my next task.
    I assume this too.

It was bedtime, so I chucked the old PS4 into rest mode and went to brush my teeth.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Feb 2018 13:28:05 1,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    I did Zora MegaASS 2 yesterday and do not appear to have opened High Rank yet.

have you spoken to the chief?
  • ecu 13 Feb 2018 13:36:58 80,327 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Devilligan nice one, cheers.
  • GarlVinland 13 Feb 2018 13:47:06 2,666 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    GarlVinland wrote:

Cheers, rarity 4 is only a step up from mine and should include the Diablos bow, which makes me happy.

Now I just need to stop upgrading so much and running out of money. I thought it would be plentiful!
  • Alastair 13 Feb 2018 14:37:10 21,543 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    Now I just need to stop upgrading so much and running out of money. I thought it would be plentiful!
    Farm Might seeds for money.
    And do the Rathalos and Rathian quest that you get from the Armory lady to get the bandit mantle. Then, when you attack monsters they will drop more shiny materials.
  • robthehermit 13 Feb 2018 15:01:53 6,368 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I tried and failed to take down the Legiana at lunchtime. Think I'm going to need some help with that one, as it was the time limit that got me not the beastie.
  • brokenkey 13 Feb 2018 15:08:46 9,388 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:

Farm the Triple Threat event via SOS search. Take and remember to wear Bandit Mantle, pick up everything that drops on the floor, sell all the quest rewards and you'll clear 30k per run. Takes 5 minutes.
  • GarlVinland 13 Feb 2018 15:10:48 2,666 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Alastair Thanks, got the whole evening to try to get out of low rank, and also figure out what might seeds are. :)

I've probably missed a ton of stuff, tying crafting to the radial menu seems like a good idea, my supply box is full of herbs, bugs and stuff I've never given a second look at. Which considering there are different coatings for arrows, I should probably figure out soon. Damage is pretty pitiful so far.

Edited by GarlVinland at 15:14:10 13-02-2018
  • Alastair 13 Feb 2018 15:16:00 21,543 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    GarlVinland wrote:

Farm the Triple Threat event via SOS search. Take and remember to wear Bandit Mantle, pick up everything that drops on the floor, sell all the quest rewards and you'll clear 30k per run. Takes 5 minutes.
    Isn't there a HR limit to join that? I don't think I am high enough to do the quest myself.

I need to get in on this SOS search thing - there's a trophy tied to it...
  • Alastair 13 Feb 2018 15:16:58 21,543 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    I tried and failed to take down the Legiana at lunchtime. Think I'm going to need some help with that one, as it was the time limit that got me not the beastie.
    I found it surprisingly easy with the Insect Glaive.

Maybe it's just because I am a badass mutha!
    /does complicated fingers thing
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Feb 2018 15:18:36 1,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @robthehermit i am free this evening if you want
  • Alastair 13 Feb 2018 15:19:38 21,543 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Oh yeah. I should be in the squad session tonight if you want to marvel at my IG grace and poise.
    :)
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Feb 2018 15:20:34 1,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    i will be trying out a charge axe, so expect me to be mostly useless lol
  • Khanivor 13 Feb 2018 15:22:00 43,542 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Nothing new there then
  • robthehermit 13 Feb 2018 15:23:29 6,368 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cheers guys. Unfortunately I won't be on until around 11ish (I have to wait until Mrs H has gone to bed), I'll definitely give you a shout if you're still about though.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Feb 2018 15:24:35 1,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @Khanivor thanks sin :)
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Feb 2018 15:25:02 1,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @robthehermit yeah, i will be around at 11ish if you want a hand :)
  • Khanivor 13 Feb 2018 15:25:07 43,542 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    /bow
  • Rivuzu 13 Feb 2018 15:34:31 16,954 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Triple threat is six star, so should be possible as soon as you enter HR.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Feb 2018 20:36:11 1,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Xbox hunter rank 26
  • Bambot 14 Feb 2018 09:17:37 992 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    GarlVinland wrote:

Sell quest rewards? Is that something I should be doing? I never look at them and just assumed I should hoard everything for making stuff. I've not bought or sold a single thing, was assuming maybe I could sell my old armour, but the completist in me likes having full sets of everything stashed away...
  • brokenkey 14 Feb 2018 09:21:59 9,388 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Well in this case the rewards are pretty much the same over and over - you can see how many of each you have in storage (between 30-60 for this mission for me), and so that's probably enough for any armour and 1 or 2 weapon trees).

Farming this last night, shortest run was 30 seconds - I didn't get as far as the monsters before the SOS teammates had completed it. Still got 20k in rewards though :)
  • y2rich 14 Feb 2018 09:23:42 3,223 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Flog whatever you don't need plus all the trade-in items. Only things worth keeping are the gems/plates from monsters and any materials you know you need for armour/weapon upgrades you're lining up. Sitting on almost a million zenni selling all the old crap I don't need
  • Page

of 77 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.