Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Page 2

• Page

of 11 First / Last

• wuntyphyve 12 Jun 2017 16:19:33 9,486 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I see what you are saying. Just feel completely different myself. Besides, you get to pilot those giant mechs and shoot with the laser gun so... I feel they used all that they laid out on the table.

I still think Doom made just as many concessions to modern gameplay tropes and both games were essentially modern shooters with classic skins. Dooms levels where fairly linear as well, the only need to explore was find the collectables hidden around the levels (another modern concession I may add - the original had no collectables for the sake of it), apart from that, the way was always clearly signposted. As to TNO, I thought it transcended its potential compared to earlier Wolfenstein efforts. As far as I'm concerned if the new one follows the same direction as TNO I will be one happy bunny.

But we are merely comparing opinions. Neither of us is wrong, just have different expectations.
  • wobbly_Bob 12 Jun 2017 17:59:55 4,212 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really loved The first. Funnily enough I was thinking just a few days ago about Wolfenstien as it popped up on my Facebook memories. I thought to myself, I would love me a sequel to that and lo and behold! I iz well up for it blud.
  • Tomo 12 Jun 2017 19:03:36 15,588 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Tbh, that didn't do as much for me as I expected. First two are great 7/10 games. Really fun, but not exactly innovative. This looks like more of the same tbh, although the USA setting is definitely interesting.
  • Switch024 15 Jun 2017 13:44:30 2,021 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Seems a few at e3 got access to a 30 minute demo of the start of the game and there's quite a few articles doing the rounds.

Some of it's a bit spoilerific so I won't go into detail other than to say that general opinion is the game is indeed completely mental and awesome.
  • Ror 6 Oct 2017 19:52:03 16,573 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seeing as this is coming to Switch now, it's going to need some advertising.

Oh. Here we go.

• riceNpea 6 Oct 2017 19:56:03 928 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really looking forward to the contuation of a really good story and fun gameplay to back it up.
  • JamboWayOh 6 Oct 2017 19:56:11 3,328 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nice.

I'm really looking forward to this game out of the many released this Autumn/Winter period. I've preordered it for the cheaper price on offer, bit annoying that unless you preorder it you miss out on the free dlc.
  • FuzzyDucky 6 Oct 2017 19:57:40 2,551 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Ror wrote:
    Seeing as this is coming to Switch now, it's going to need some advertising.

Oh. Here we go.

:D
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 6 Oct 2017 20:42:33 2,705 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Nice.

I'm really looking forward to this game out of the many released this Autumn/Winter period. I've preordered it for the cheaper price on offer, bit annoying that unless you preorder it you miss out on the free dlc.
    Articles I saw a few months ago said the preorder bonus season pass prequel will also be included in the season pass unless that has changed since then. I like the look of the game but will likely wait myself as too much I want and not enough funds at the moment.
  • wobbly_Bob 6 Oct 2017 21:10:56 4,212 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Iv really want to get this. I loved the first loads. It had it's faults but was great fun. It's amazing how we went to saturated with single player fps games to it now being fairly rare.
  • superbob85 6 Oct 2017 21:30:27 7,975 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Some of the guns in this game look completely mental.
  • Malek86 6 Oct 2017 22:33:44 6,297 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I would like to get this game too, but the first one was among the most nauseous first person shooters I've ever played this side of Far Cry.

The videos I've seen for the sequel don't look like things have been imporved either. Still too much view bobbing and generally moving like a drunk.
  • Ror 6 Oct 2017 22:36:26 16,573 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This and Mario on the same day /o\ I'm leaning toward this, as I quite keenly feel the need to disintegrate some Nazis at the moment.
  • JoelStinty 6 Oct 2017 22:42:47 5,826 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I didnít really get in with the first (reboot). But I loved doom. So Iím really intrigued to see how this plays.

Found a new love for single player first person shooters again, currently playing through Titanfall 2 and itís great.

Having said that Iíll be getting Mario instead, initially anyway.

Looking forward to the salty comment section from our resident nazi sympathisers that seem to frequent the website too come review day.
  • Ror 6 Oct 2017 22:57:51 16,573 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They put a short new ad up on Twitter today and out came the "won't someone please think of the Nazis" sentiments. That's where I nabbed that gif up above from earlier :)
  • DreadedWalrus 16 Oct 2017 04:56:00 1,559 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    They put a short new ad up on Twitter today and out came the "won't someone please think of the Nazis" sentiments. That's where I nabbed that gif up above from earlier :)
    It's even worse now. They posted this tweet today, and people on the Steam forums and on Reddit are really annoyed by it.
  • MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 16 Oct 2017 06:40:49 47,191 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMN1C1GXUAAxKhg.jpg

THE SALT MUST FLOW

Edited by MrTomFTW at 06:41:08 16-10-2017
  • cowell 16 Oct 2017 07:01:21 1,351 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I laughed my ass off when I saw that tweet and the replies. Well played Bethesda.

Also when the usual story about how UK boxes sales of all this one are down vs the previous game, i'm sure we can look forward to a KiA post about how it's failed due to their marketing. (Ignoring all the other games that have done the same due, digital transition, seasonality etc etc etc)

Edited by cowell at 07:27:05 16-10-2017
  • Malek86 16 Oct 2017 10:25:32 6,297 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm pretty sure sales will be up. The previous game launched without too much fanfare (Wolfenstein as a series had been in a rut, and id was coming from Rage), but then had great critical reception and thus stayed in the charts for a while.

The sequel should benefit greatly from the increased awareness.

Mind, I'm not buying until I see a camera bob slider in the options.

Edited by Malek86 at 10:28:43 16-10-2017
  • Ror 16 Oct 2017 14:42:03 16,573 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I saw that ad last night. Advertising for this is absolutely top drawer, and the reactions (and astonishing lack of self-awareness) to it are absolutely hilarious/horrifying.
  • waggy79 16 Oct 2017 18:46:36 1,800 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pre-ordered the pc version for 25 notes yesterday. Flitting between this and Odyssey are going to be a match made in heaven for me. Roll on the 27th.
  • MrFlay 16 Oct 2017 20:41:14 3,589 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hilarious that you have a bunch of fascist white supremacist pigs getting pissed off by marketing about killing Nazis in a game. Some of them claim they are definitely not Nazis. However they are still offended because they think the marketing is referring to them despite the fact that they are definitely not Nazis. Their ideology, behaviour and symbols might be fascist but they are not Nazis.

Edited by MrFlay at 20:42:49 16-10-2017
  • Malek86 20 Oct 2017 18:48:04 6,297 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    On a side note, I asked the official Wolfenstein account on twitter about the possibility of motion sickness options. Never got an answer. I take it that's not a good sign.
  • grassyknoll 20 Oct 2017 20:07:07 625 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm more excited about this than Mario Odyssey. Just loved everything about the original. Really hope this is a hit for Bethesda after the terrible year they've had with such great games (Dishonored and Prey specifically).
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 20 Oct 2017 20:09:26 1,897 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Malek86 This is a big-ish deal for me as well. I don't know what it is with modern Wolfenstein games and head-bob. I didn't find The New Order *too* bad, but the 360-era reboot was fucking awful. I normally just don't get motion sickness from games and am even fairly resistant to it in VR. But that game had me retching after 30 mins. Walking down a corridor was like being at sea in 50-foot swells.
  • Vortex808 20 Oct 2017 20:20:33 11,684 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Did Dishonored not sell well? It was great, even if it took me ages to get round to playing it.

I am totally getting this after loving the previous game, but will wait to buy it until dec/jan when i get a one x.

And hopefully persuade the missus for a new telly.

:)
  • Malek86 20 Oct 2017 20:25:49 6,297 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Rogueywon weird, I had much more trouble with the recent reboot than the 2009 game. I mean, that one wasn't great either, but New Order just felt like BJ was constantly and irredeemably drunk.

I don't even understand why developers keep doing it. Pretty sure I don't sway my head like that when walking or even when running.

Devs: we include head bobbing because it's more realistic
    Me: so you think walking like this is realistic

With a bit of exploration, it sounds like something that could make a good article someday.

Edited by Malek86 at 20:35:08 20-10-2017
  • grassyknoll 20 Oct 2017 20:58:58 625 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Vortex808 Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider did terribly sales wise. It seems like people on consoles either go for 1. What their friends have / are playing online or 2. Huge open world games that are hundreds of hours long. Well paced campaigns and good mechanics no longer sell games. :(
  • Vortex808 20 Oct 2017 21:09:14 11,684 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sad news. Dishonored 1&2 were great and if Death of the outsider hadn't come out so hot on the heels of me finishing 2, i would have got that too. Will probably get it later though.

Personally, open world-y games can do one. Dragon age inquisition, Mass effect andromeda, destiny and the division have been some of the biggest disappointments i've played this gen. Far cry has got stale too.

Bah.
  • JamboWayOh 20 Oct 2017 21:14:08 3,328 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah currently playing mass effect Andromeda now and my god, it's absolutely littered with fetch quests. Looks like a game made in 2017 plays like one made in 2010. I'm looking forward to wolfenstein purely it's because it's single player, focused and I really appreciated how the original didn't outstay its welcome. I've never understand people's obsession with a map full of busy work icons. That's where the new star wars game is obviously heading after it got delayed to be 'retooled'.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 21:16:52 20-10-2017
  • Page

of 11 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.