A new Let's Play YouTube channel

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Moth_Pope 19 May 2017 18:01:07 17 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hi everyone. Just a quick one to say my friend and I have started a YouTube channel and we'd love for you to check it out. It'll be mainly let's play features to begin with but we have some cool ideas planned for other content.

In short, we're two British guys (I'm from England and Lewys is from Wales) who have been best friends for 20 years going through some games, old and new, and sticking it online.

I know there's a million of these out there... but we're hoping our bond could set us apart a little bit from other channels. We've been meeting up each week and playing games together in person our whole lives so we're basically just doing what we've always done but recording it as we go. Hopefully that feeling comes across to the audience. We're also not going for the "perfect" run or commentary on games. Just whatever we feel like.

At the moment we're going to be hitting 2 episodes a week, Monday and Friday, and sticking to the 25-30 minute mark where possible. All recorded and exported in HD. We made everything - logo, video overlays, graphics etc - ourselves so I hope the presentation comes across well.

If you feel like it, please check us out and let us know what you think. Feedback (good and bad) is really important to us as we want to get a good quality feel to everything. Listening back through while editing I already realise I really need to speak more clearly and slow down a bit... working on that!

We're starting off with a play through of Resident Evil 1 HD and the first episode has just gone up here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5vaVu2QEag

I'm not usually one to talk about this stuff but I feel this audience might be interested. Cheers!
  • mal 19 May 2017 18:58:19 28,505 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You need some better microphones if you're going to witter on that much ;)

Also, I know the story in these games is bobbins, but I found it a bit much keeping up with your chat while being bombarded by subtitles.
  • Moth_Pope 19 May 2017 20:02:39 17 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mal Thanks so much for your feedback :) Haha, we'll definitely be wittering on a lot so microphones is something we'll look into. It's definitely the thing that stood out to me while editing.

Understand your point about the subtitles. We thought about it beforehand and thought it might make things a bit easier overall but if it's too much we can disable them in future games.

Thanks again. :)
  • JiveHound 19 May 2017 20:07:41 8,948 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    /shudders, 'content'

Edited by JiveHound at 20:07:53 19-05-2017
  • mal 19 May 2017 22:15:30 28,505 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'd suggest for most games (especially non japanese ones where the story might be more worth paying attention to), holding your tongues during cut scenes might be one way to go. A few snide comments won't go amiss, but continuing general chat esp when your brain's automatically reading subtitles for you is a bit OTT. Either ditch the subtitles, or the chat.

Probably once you've done a few of these you'll be less enamoured with the sound of each others voices, and have a better feeling for only jumping in when you've got something funny (or occasionally, useful) to say ;)
  • Moth_Pope 20 May 2017 21:45:12 17 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mal Haha yep there's definitely an excitement about it all when we talk as it's so new to us. Like you said once we're used to it all it'll be controlled I'm sure! Thanks again for taking the time. :)
  • creepiest-lizard 20 May 2017 21:49:40 513 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just what the world needs!
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.