PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Page 5

• Page

of 27 First / Last

• INSOMANiAC 14 May 2017 18:13:22 4,466 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Technoishmatt I chnaged the profile so that you can turn around quicker but when you zoom in it slows down to add more accuracy and also added motion controls to fine tune aiming, makes it a lot better
  • funkstar 14 May 2017 19:41:01 3,212 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    basmans_grob wrote:
    lambretta125 wrote:
    Feeling brave enough for some duo/group games now after some practice on solo

steam id - Pac Battlegrounds id - TheNME
    The e.g. discord is where sit at. Unless you are a wee bit pissed
    even if you're a wee bit pissed
  • KD 14 May 2017 23:24:22 1,716 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC I done the same and sorted the controls, so much easier to control I'm actually getting kills now.
  • funkstar 15 May 2017 00:14:22 3,212 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyone who wants to play in a group should come find us on the EG discord https://discord.gg/nyzm6MN
  • urban 15 May 2017 08:51:39 12,991 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @funkstar First thing I've done when getting into work this morning was packing my spare headset, that was extremely annoying when I spotted those 3 guys running along the ridge line above us towards the watchtower and all I could do was a type a vague quick message to you.

Not sure how I died so quickly either, I didn't get knocked down, we were in a shotty exchange, I hit him once close range then he hit me and I insta-died.

I love how it owes to skills you picked up in DayZ and ARMA 3 (spotting tiny dots of players in the distance) and constantly scanning your horizon.

Super fun game but I always shit a brick and miss the one shot I've gotta hit to stay alive :p
  • funkstar 15 May 2017 11:02:04 3,212 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ha good stuff :) yeah I'm terrible at shitting bricks and missing. Also when people are like 'HES BY THE TREE' yeah there's about four thousand trees give me a bearing at least!

In our last game (where you OOM'd) I did manage to survive to 5th I think, after teamkilling your disconnected husk and looting ALL THE GOOD SHIT YOU WERE HOARDING :D

I'm up for more shenanigans. Leolian has hurt his back tho so will be out a few days (can't sit at his pc) hopefully everyone is around in the discord to make organising things a bit easier
  • urban 15 May 2017 13:15:29 12,991 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @funkstar You say I was hoarding good shit, I'd have told you if I had a mic! :p

When we were in that Hospital I was trying to call you over to all the loots I found, they need a 'ping' function or something to call your buddies over without alerting everyone else within miles.

I tried the whole miming thing, I was dancing in front of one of you trying to get of you to follow me downstairs to a SCAR and a UMP, helmets, bags etc eventually I thought fuck this maybe if I shoot at the ground they'll come running...but you just carried on checking your rooms and telling me to shoosh.....sooooo I kept it all \_(ツ;)_/

Time you reckon you'll be on?

Edited by urban at 13:17:56 15-05-2017
  • Ironlungs_76 15 May 2017 13:41:44 142 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Never played a game of this genre before, damn it's fun, tense but fun!

I'm like a rabbit in headlights, getting killed without seeing who's shooting me, but the tension creeping around a building listening out for footsteps is amazing.

Still yet to finish in the top 20 but the experience is keeping me hooked so far more than results.
  • Gl3n Moderator 15 May 2017 13:58:41 6,598 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Was fun last night. Despite urban getting killed off we did well to hang on for 3rd. Trees are the best cover evs.
  • urban 15 May 2017 14:02:18 12,991 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Ironlungs_76 I think the best advice I can give you is keep your arse against the wall (where possible)

Stay on the fringes of the circle, don't rush into it until you have to and always check your flanks and behind you if you cut it find because the chances are someone else has been squeezed closer to you too

Keep the high ground ideally but be aware of your silhouette, don't run exactly along the top of a ridge as you'll be a very attractive target.

Always have cover nearby, constantly scan your horizons (You can hold ALT to scan your horizons without changing your direction of travel/aiming.

Fire first but only if you know you can drop them fast.
  • funkstar 15 May 2017 14:05:55 3,212 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @urban ah not in the hospital game :) I followed your gunshot directions but had the stuff you were pointing at already!

I'll probably be on after dinner... 8ish for sure. May come on earlier before dinner too if others are around
  • urban 15 May 2017 14:12:07 12,991 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Gl3n Yeah I got a bit excited when I saw all 3 of them running along that ridge and went full leeroy jenkins towards that building with frags, stun nades, smokes, firing the whole time one guy was hiding under the staircase and despite me getting a shotty round off on him, he bested me.

Yeah that hill you ended up on was a bit unfortunate, circle reduced the wrong way, if that ridge had stayed in the circle you'd have figured out where the shots were coming from and had cover to boot.

There's always an element of luck when it comes down to the end game.

If I had the option of ridge line, trees in a field and a warehouse to choose from I'd almost always pick the ridge line, but that's just my game style, some people love the twitchy madness of peeking a corner in a warehouse.
  • Ironlungs_76 15 May 2017 14:31:48 142 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @urban

Thanks for the tips! The Alt-look over shoulder thing I figured out by accident!

Going prone in bushes, waiting patiently only to see the blue circle approaching and all sense goes out of my head, dashing headlong across open ground....something to work on methinks :)

How do you alternate firing modes (burst/single/full auto etc)? Not figured that out yet.
  • urban 15 May 2017 14:32:50 12,991 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Ironlungs_76 B

http://battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki
  • Ironlungs_76 15 May 2017 14:36:04 142 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ta! Will read up there :)
  • funkstar 15 May 2017 22:36:40 3,212 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    good games tonight with Bovril, Urban, Gl3n and Reacher. I believe I proved how shite I am really, although I did get 2 kills with one shot right at the very end (I didn't even know this was possible!)

Edited by funkstar at 22:38:26 15-05-2017
  • Gl3n Moderator 15 May 2017 23:27:33 6,598 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nah was GG's.

Got my second solo chicken dinner on my last run. Parachuted way off course to the bunker, maybe a third the width of the map. Cleaned the place out and took a quiet route into the circle. Managed to secure the drop and an M249 and crept further picking off a few stragglers with the 8 times SKS. Final circle managed to flank around a tree using the dip in terrain and unloaded into the guy's back.
  • urban 16 May 2017 08:27:33 12,991 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think we need to get better at firefights in this, I learned a lot from that warehouse of exactly where not to sit, it was only after someone came in that I realised I didn't have clear lines of fire.

Also when we we came 4th in that tiny circle I got a little carried away again, chucked a stun grenade at them when what I should've done is capped one immediately.

More solo runs for me I think and jumping where everyone else jumps to get some shooting practice.
  • Reacher 16 May 2017 11:18:33 2,578 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks for the games last night. Sorry about my poor tactical idea of running across the open road space on the last one.

I would suggest landing in slightly less popular areas at the beginning though, getting armed, then moving in.

Edited by Reacher at 11:19:55 16-05-2017
  • Reacher 16 May 2017 11:20:41 2,578 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ironlungs_76 wrote:
    @urban

Thanks for the tips! The Alt-look over shoulder thing I figured out by accident!

Going prone in bushes, waiting patiently only to see the blue circle approaching and all sense goes out of my head, dashing headlong across open ground....something to work on methinks :)

How do you alternate firing modes (burst/single/full auto etc)? Not figured that out yet.
    Press "B"
  • Reacher 16 May 2017 20:48:26 2,578 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    On for a few games this evening with Pac if anyone wants to join us.
  • urban 17 May 2017 11:55:00 12,991 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I had a fair few solo games last night, not with the objective of winning but simply to learn more about the gunplay because I think we can all agree it's a bit weird.

I made a run for an airdrop in my car and a Jeep went flying by, I decided to chase him and ultimately he crashed and killed himself :)
  • Reacher 17 May 2017 12:31:08 2,578 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I ran a guy over in with my buggy last night. His body stayed stuck on the car and acted as bullet shield as I drove about town.
  • hypoBla5t 17 May 2017 12:54:13 2,233 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That happens to me IRL all the time.
  • Reacher 19 May 2017 16:11:13 2,578 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been making the top 10-15 regularly now and have been picking up more and more kills per round. I landed in the military base for fun earlier, it was good. I just need to make that final push to go for the wins.

I have noticed a lot of people are starting to use the vehicles on the map just as battering rams looking for stragglers on the edges of the map as it pushes in.
  • Technoishmatt 19 May 2017 16:52:53 2,073 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Reacher Yeah, game needs a forward roll / dodge or something :)
  • Reacher 19 May 2017 17:13:52 2,578 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Technoishmatt wrote:
    @Reacher Yeah, game needs a forward roll / dodge or something :)
    Nah, people would just abuse that all the time. You'd en up fighting a team of tumbleweeds across the plains.
  • Technoishmatt 19 May 2017 17:16:24 2,073 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Disagree, respectively :), a roll would make your movement verry predictable, so at the longer ranges this game normally has, you would have time to line up your shot.
  • Reacher 19 May 2017 17:22:44 2,578 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Technoishmatt wrote:
    Disagree, respectively :), a roll would make your movement verry predictable, so at the longer ranges this game normally has, you would have time to line up your shot.
    I'm not doubting that, it would just look silly and be annoying. the vehicles aren't that much of a nuisance anyway, you can spot the ones simply looking to run down because they don't stop to search buildings.
  • Gl3n Moderator 20 May 2017 01:17:20 6,598 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    3rd chicken dinner :D

Duo, in the central farmy area. Ending involved a pair hiding in the toilet, us outside. Lobbed a grenade in killing one, my partner shooting a random straggler and a quick SCAR burst into the third and final enemy. Felt so pro and orchestrated, in reality a heavy dose of luck.
  • Page

of 27 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.