Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Page 3

  • Page

    of 39 First / Last

  • Derblington 21 Apr 2017 12:22:53 29,613 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    That, and people saying a positive review means EG aren't credible, because obviously it's impossible that anyone might enjoy playing it. Impossible!
    Haha! It's sitting at around 94 on Metacritic - it's got positive reviews everywhere.

    Edited by Derblington at 12:23:29 21-04-2017
  • rice_sandwich 21 Apr 2017 12:24:27 3,229 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Only 3 points less than Zelda.
  • Gaol 21 Apr 2017 12:24:58 3,221 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You can't write off the negativity just as spec wankers. It's a resolution upgrade on an old game at full price. It's a superb game and when I get a switch I'll buy it, but it's fair to criticise.

    Imagine Sony released PS5 and the only boxed software worth owning was 4K remasters of uncharted and driveclub. The only stuff worth owning on Switch are Wii U ports and it's not going to change for months. I've loved Nintendo since Game and Watch but fact is they havebeen getting an easy ride recently, the Switch was clearly rushed to market.
  • beastmaster 21 Apr 2017 12:29:27 17,589 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah but not many people have had a Wii U previously? I had one and I've never fucking used it. I can't get off this bloody machine! I'm fine with ports of Wii U games.
  • onemoresolo 21 Apr 2017 12:32:01 41 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gaol wrote:
    You can't write off the negativity just as spec wankers. It's a resolution upgrade on an old game at full price. It's a superb game and when I get a switch I'll buy it, but it's fair to criticise.
    It isn't just a resolution upgrade. It's effectively a GotY version with all the DLC, additional characters, a proper battle mode (a huge upgrade), the addition of gameplay tweaks such as double powerups and the nerfing of fire hopping etc.

    As somebody who owns the Wii U version with the DLC, I'm still getting this version. There's enough here to justify 40, before even mentioning the option of playing on the go.

    I don't understand the criticism to be honest. If you own it on Wii U, you don't have to buy it again.
  • UKRaver1980 21 Apr 2017 12:33:01 41 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Gaol wrote:
    You can't write off the negativity just as spec wankers. It's a resolution upgrade on an old game at full price. It's a superb game and when I get a switch I'll buy it, but it's fair to criticise.

    Imagine Sony released PS5 and the only boxed software worth owning was 4K remasters of uncharted and driveclub. The only stuff worth owning on Switch are Wii U ports and it's not going to change for months. I've loved Nintendo since Game and Watch but fact is they havebeen getting an easy ride recently, the Switch was clearly rushed to market.
    What like uncharted collection, last of us remastered?
  • beastmaster 21 Apr 2017 12:34:24 17,589 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Can't wait to see the reactions to the Essential ARMS and Splatoon 2 reviews.

    Probably won't be...but you never know!
  • Gaol 21 Apr 2017 12:34:46 3,221 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well I did use mine, quite a bit. My kids still do.
  • Gaol 21 Apr 2017 12:36:19 3,221 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    onemoresolo wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    You can't write off the negativity just as spec wankers. It's a resolution upgrade on an old game at full price. It's a superb game and when I get a switch I'll buy it, but it's fair to criticise.
    It isn't just a resolution upgrade. It's effectively a GotY version with all the DLC, additional characters, a proper battle mode (a huge upgrade), the addition of gameplay tweaks such as double powerups and the nerfing of fire hopping etc.

    As somebody who owns the Wii U version with the DLC, I'm still getting this version. There's enough here to justify 40, before even mentioning the option of playing on the go.

    I don't understand the criticism to be honest. If you own it on Wii U, you don't have to buy it again.
    Then you understand it perfectly. As a Wii U owner, there's no reason to buy a Switch at present unless portable play is a huge thing.
  • Gaol 21 Apr 2017 12:38:33 3,221 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UKRaver1980 wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    You can't write off the negativity just as spec wankers. It's a resolution upgrade on an old game at full price. It's a superb game and when I get a switch I'll buy it, but it's fair to criticise.

    Imagine Sony released PS5 and the only boxed software worth owning was 4K remasters of uncharted and driveclub. The only stuff worth owning on Switch are Wii U ports and it's not going to change for months. I've loved Nintendo since Game and Watch but fact is they havebeen getting an easy ride recently, the Switch was clearly rushed to market.
    What like uncharted collection, last of us remastered?
    Try reading and thinking before posting.
  • beastmaster 21 Apr 2017 12:41:04 17,589 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They delayed it for when Zelda was ready so I don't think it was rushed as such.

    They seem to be doing rather well from it all.
  • UKRaver1980 21 Apr 2017 12:41:49 41 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Gaol wrote:
    UKRaver1980 wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    You can't write off the negativity just as spec wankers. It's a resolution upgrade on an old game at full price. It's a superb game and when I get a switch I'll buy it, but it's fair to criticise.

    Imagine Sony released PS5 and the only boxed software worth owning was 4K remasters of uncharted and driveclub. The only stuff worth owning on Switch are Wii U ports and it's not going to change for months. I've loved Nintendo since Game and Watch but fact is they havebeen getting an easy ride recently, the Switch was clearly rushed to market.
    What like uncharted collection, last of us remastered?
    Try reading and thinking before posting.
    Try using your memory a bit then post. The PS4 (and xbox one) were remaster machines or games you could still get past gen.

    Edited by UKRaver1980 at 12:43:25 21-04-2017
  • rice_sandwich 21 Apr 2017 12:42:25 3,229 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @beastmaster

    I'd guess essential for Splatoon 2 and recommended for ARMS. I reckon ARMS has a lot more depth to it than there seems to be at first glance.They'll shut down the Wii U servers at some point (end of this year) so it'll be essential for Splatoon fans to move on to the Switch.
  • Derblington 21 Apr 2017 12:45:24 29,613 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gaol wrote:
    Then you understand it perfectly. As a Wii U owner, there's no reason to buy a Switch at present unless portable play is a huge thing.
    Or if you just want one.

    There's no "need" to buy a game console ever. If *you* can't justify the purchase of a Switch, that's ok.
  • Gaol 21 Apr 2017 12:46:19 3,221 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UKRaver1980 wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    UKRaver1980 wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    You can't write off the negativity just as spec wankers. It's a resolution upgrade on an old game at full price. It's a superb game and when I get a switch I'll buy it, but it's fair to criticise.

    Imagine Sony released PS5 and the only boxed software worth owning was 4K remasters of uncharted and driveclub. The only stuff worth owning on Switch are Wii U ports and it's not going to change for months. I've loved Nintendo since Game and Watch but fact is they havebeen getting an easy ride recently, the Switch was clearly rushed to market.
    What like uncharted collection, last of us remastered?
    Try reading and thinking before posting.
    Try using your memory a bit then post. The PS4 (and xbox one) were remaster machines or games you could still get past gen.
    No shit. And you're saying they are the only thing worth owning on PS4? Or that the console launched on the back of ports?
  • Armoured_Bear 21 Apr 2017 12:48:42 20,466 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gaol wrote:
    onemoresolo wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    You can't write off the negativity just as spec wankers. It's a resolution upgrade on an old game at full price. It's a superb game and when I get a switch I'll buy it, but it's fair to criticise.
    It isn't just a resolution upgrade. It's effectively a GotY version with all the DLC, additional characters, a proper battle mode (a huge upgrade), the addition of gameplay tweaks such as double powerups and the nerfing of fire hopping etc.

    As somebody who owns the Wii U version with the DLC, I'm still getting this version. There's enough here to justify 40, before even mentioning the option of playing on the go.

    I don't understand the criticism to be honest. If you own it on Wii U, you don't have to buy it again.
    Then you understand it perfectly. As a Wii U owner, there's no reason to buy a Switch at present unless portable play is a huge thing.
    There are reasons, as always it's a personal decision based on how important those reasons are to you.
  • Gaol 21 Apr 2017 12:50:39 3,221 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    Then you understand it perfectly. As a Wii U owner, there's no reason to buy a Switch at present unless portable play is a huge thing.
    Or if you just want one.

    There's no "need" to buy a game console ever. If *you* can't justify the purchase of a Switch, that's ok.
    Yes and I haven't. All I'm saying is that as someone who has bought every Nintendo console since the first Gameboy, it's justifiable to be disappointed that the Switch offers nothing new and that Nintendo's output is dwindling and becoming more reliant on rehashes. BOTW was brilliant, but they had external help with that too.
  • Derblington 21 Apr 2017 12:50:46 29,613 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gaol wrote:
    No shit. And you're saying they are the only thing worth owning on PS4? Or that the console launched on the back of ports?
    That was an early criticism of the PS4.
  • UKRaver1980 21 Apr 2017 12:53:19 41 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Gaol wrote:
    UKRaver1980 wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    UKRaver1980 wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    You can't write off the negativity just as spec wankers. It's a resolution upgrade on an old game at full price. It's a superb game and when I get a switch I'll buy it, but it's fair to criticise.

    Imagine Sony released PS5 and the only boxed software worth owning was 4K remasters of uncharted and driveclub. The only stuff worth owning on Switch are Wii U ports and it's not going to change for months. I've loved Nintendo since Game and Watch but fact is they havebeen getting an easy ride recently, the Switch was clearly rushed to market.
    What like uncharted collection, last of us remastered?
    Try reading and thinking before posting.
    Try using your memory a bit then post. The PS4 (and xbox one) were remaster machines or games you could still get past gen.


    No shit. And you're saying they are the only thing worth owning on PS4? Or that the console launched on the back of ports?
    Yes. The biggest games on the system were Battlefield 4, Ghosts and Assassin Creed 4. All available on the previous gen just with a bit of polish on the new gen. Unless of course you considered Knack or Killzone SF "must play" titles? The PS4 was ridiculed in its first year and half of life and it wasn't till Bloodborne launched that you saw a real game worth owning the system for.
  • THFourteen 21 Apr 2017 12:53:22 46,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ARGH I WANT THIS

    AND I WANT A SWITCH

    someone buy my oculus rift please
  • Derblington 21 Apr 2017 12:55:59 29,613 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gaol wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    Then you understand it perfectly. As a Wii U owner, there's no reason to buy a Switch at present unless portable play is a huge thing.
    Or if you just want one.

    There's no "need" to buy a game console ever. If *you* can't justify the purchase of a Switch, that's ok.
    Yes and I haven't. All I'm saying is that as someone who has bought every Nintendo console since the first Gameboy, it's justifiable to be disappointed that the Switch offers nothing new and that Nintendo's output is dwindling and becoming more reliant on rehashes. BOTW was brilliant, but they had external help with that too.
    I'm not sure how having external help matters? They'd never built an open world game so they worked with people that had the experience. That's fairly smart. Are you suggesting that they should entirely work in isolation because that would somehow be better?
    There are very few studios that work entirely alone anymore. Outsourcing is hugely common. All of the first party studios under each manufacturer work together on tech and tricks. All of Ubisoft's and EA's studio cross-collaborate. Welcome to game dev from 2010.

    I've bought every Nintendo console since the Gameboy, including multiple versions of DS's and now a Switch. There are people such as yourself that feel disappointed for reasons but you're a tiny minority of the Nintendo criticism. You barely register.

    Edited by Derblington at 12:56:35 21-04-2017

    Edited by Derblington at 12:57:43 21-04-2017
  • DangerousDave_87 21 Apr 2017 12:57:26 2,689 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'd triple dip on Switch for Spelunky and Fez at full price. :D
  • Gaol 21 Apr 2017 12:58:57 3,221 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UKRaver1980 wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    UKRaver1980 wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    UKRaver1980 wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    You can't write off the negativity just as spec wankers. It's a resolution upgrade on an old game at full price. It's a superb game and when I get a switch I'll buy it, but it's fair to criticise.

    Imagine Sony released PS5 and the only boxed software worth owning was 4K remasters of uncharted and driveclub. The only stuff worth owning on Switch are Wii U ports and it's not going to change for months. I've loved Nintendo since Game and Watch but fact is they havebeen getting an easy ride recently, the Switch was clearly rushed to market.
    What like uncharted collection, last of us remastered?
    Try reading and thinking before posting.
    Try using your memory a bit then post. The PS4 (and xbox one) were remaster machines or games you could still get past gen.


    No shit. And you're saying they are the only thing worth owning on PS4? Or that the console launched on the back of ports?
    Yes. The biggest games on the system were Battlefield 4, Ghosts and Assassin Creed 4. All available on the previous gen just with a bit of polish on the new gen. Unless of course you considered Knack or Killzone SF "must play" titles? The PS4 was ridiculed in its first year and half of life and it wasn't till Bloodborne launched that you saw a real game worth owning the system for.
    I take your point that it took a while for superb exclusives. But I don't think the software support for PS4 in the first year is comparable to the Switch, there's simply too much third party support on the PS4. The next big release is what, Splatoon?
  • Armoured_Bear 21 Apr 2017 13:02:45 20,466 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gaol wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    Then you understand it perfectly. As a Wii U owner, there's no reason to buy a Switch at present unless portable play is a huge thing.
    Or if you just want one.

    There's no "need" to buy a game console ever. If *you* can't justify the purchase of a Switch, that's ok.
    Yes and I haven't. All I'm saying is that as someone who has bought every Nintendo console since the first Gameboy, it's justifiable to be disappointed that the Switch offers nothing new and that Nintendo's output is dwindling and becoming more reliant on rehashes. BOTW was brilliant, but they had external help with that too.
    The part in bold is all nonsense.
  • DangerousDave_87 21 Apr 2017 13:03:46 2,689 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I was going to make some lame joke about Ultimate Chicken Horse being the next big Switch release, but it actually looks rather good.
  • the_milkybar_kid 21 Apr 2017 13:04:34 6,088 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @THFourteen December isn't that long away.
  • onemoresolo 21 Apr 2017 13:05:05 41 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gaol wrote:

    Then you understand it perfectly. As a Wii U owner, there's no reason to buy a Switch at present unless portable play is a huge thing.
    Did you read the bit where I said I am a Wii U owner, and bought a Switch and MK8 Deluxe? So there are reasons. Maybe not enough for you currently, but I'm sure there's a good percentage of cross-ownership between Wii U and Switch even at this early stage.

    Anyway, this has little to do with the topic at hand of MK8.
  • GuybrushThreepwood 21 Apr 2017 13:05:39 1,243 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    That "outside help" was from monolith software which are owned by Nintendo (bought a decade ago), so hardly "outside".

    The switch is a lot of fun with new ways to play and easier ways to play quickly. If you don't see it as such then fine, don't get it. I had the wii u and had bought most of the games, but i will rebuy the ones i still want to play for this. I'll not buy splatoon as I'm pants at it, Mario Kart looking better and with more things to do in it and portable I'll get in the end.
  • THFourteen 21 Apr 2017 13:05:51 46,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    @THFourteen December isn't that long away.
    And i do have tens of 3DS games to play in the meantime.
  • the_milkybar_kid 21 Apr 2017 13:10:08 6,088 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @THFourteen And you'll have potentially the best starting line up of games for a console... Ever?
  • Page

    of 39 First / Last

Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.