• Page

of 34 First / Last

• ChiefGB 9 Nov 2017 00:09:34 7,313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SiroccoJetProp wrote:
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    First game was pretty epic.

Grafix seem to have been nerfed a bit though. Presentation, too.

No campaign, Malek.

You assumed wrong, Cheese.
    I've been playing the campaign in the trial...

And graphics on XB1X, at least, are amazing
    HD textures??
  • HarryB 9 Nov 2017 01:04:37 7,180 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Do you mean 4K? Youíd sure as hell expect HD textures!
  • ChiefGB 9 Nov 2017 08:11:49 7,313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, yeah lol, ok. UHD textures then. This is the first game I need to decide which side I fall on.........and there's pre order dlc sitting on this damn it.

WE NEED THESE HARD QUESTIONS ANSWERED!!!

;)
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Nov 2017 09:19:36 30,742 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is so much better when you're not playing any of the prequel guff.

I might be back on board...
  • KD 9 Nov 2017 11:43:43 1,760 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The single player seems pretty cool, didnt get far into it.
  • H1ggyLTD 9 Nov 2017 22:50:27 7,739 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The first level of the campaign just bugged right out for me.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 10 Nov 2017 00:15:14 30,742 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Whilst the campaign doesn't necessarily do anything spectacular in the first 3 missions you get in the trial, I like the Tie Fighter: The FPS (with added Tie Fighters) setup of it and it is definitely giving me a massive Star Wars erection.
  • H1ggyLTD 10 Nov 2017 08:22:21 7,739 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Whilst the campaign doesn't necessarily do anything spectacular in the first 3 missions you get in the trial, I like the Tie Fighter: The FPS (with added Tie Fighters) setup of it and it is definitely giving me a massive Star Wars erection.
    I got to a stage where I had to clear out some rebel scum before it would let me interact with the console, but one of them stayed alive on the floor, shouting stuff while I shot him, refusing to die, so I couldn't progress.
  • ChiefGB 10 Nov 2017 23:38:54 7,313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I've played the first two levels and some mp so enough to pass some opinion as it stands.

The graphics are very crisp, definitely a step up from the pro by some margin inc the textures and filtering especially, however that was a beta so it's unclear how the finished pro will stand up but it's a very good start.

There's some horrible artifacting due to compression in the cutscenes which really takes some of the sheen away in sp. the worst bit of all is the actual title credit that looks disgusting on my tv (lg oled and could be making it look worse). The acting seems fine and you can already sense a bit of dissension in the ranks as it were, the gameplay isn't doing anything new yet and it's maybe a little basic in today's world but it seems like it's weaving an interesting alternative arc in amongst familiar Star Wars beats.

The mp really does feel better balanced for me in the moment to moment stuff and I was surviving many more 50-50 encounters then when I played it previously (beta)
    Although I still can't get a hero for shit lol.

It's still maybe not the next big thing but also not quite the fuck up it was risking being from my earlier feelings.
  • mojo2 11 Nov 2017 06:34:15 2 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @H1ggyLTD I slaughtered that one with grenade. Felt crazy.
  • KD 11 Nov 2017 06:53:41 1,760 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The changes to multiplayer seem like a band aid, I don't personally want to spend this much time unlocking it all.

• Ultrasoundwave 11 Nov 2017 08:57:01 5,602 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished the first 3 chapters of the campaign (which is all EA Access allows you to play) and done about 3/4 hours of multiplayer.

First of all, on the One X, this game looks stunning. The last Battlefront looked amazing.....this looks better, which is mind blowing. The environments are ripped straight out of the films and itís genuinely jaw dropping at times.

Gameplay-wise youíre not looking at anything dramatically different from the first game. Theyíve changed the power up system but Iím not sure itís well balanced.
    Basically you earn coins for every action, earning more coins more quickly if you play well. Youíll earn about 1000/1500 for a 3 player kill streak but then it will cost between 6000 and 8000 to unlock a hero (Kylo Ren, Yoda, etc).

So basically, good players will become great players and the bad players will stay bad.....which isnít ideal. My advice for n00bs is to try and play the objective because you can pick up some decent coins without worrying about K/D ratios.

Definitely some balancing issues, but itís a lot of fun. If you even remotely like Star Wars you should enjoy it.

The campaign has surprised me a lot. It opens with a stealth mission which is immediately engaging because it plays so differently from the MP. The story is interesting and it just feels wrong (in a good way) killing rebels and chumming up with storm troopers.

Took me about 2 hours to do the first 3 chapters and there are 13 chapters all together, so it would seem that itís quite a chunky campaign too, which is unexpected but also very pleasing.

Definitely looking forward to playing more of this....
  • paulboy81 11 Nov 2017 09:48:30 225 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone else having trouble with matchmaking when partied up with friends?

As a group we just get dumped into an empty server time and time again, which no one subsequently joins.

On our own it's fine...
  • mothercruncher 11 Nov 2017 10:10:34 14,114 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Have you paid for the friend matchmaking crate?
  • ChiefGB 11 Nov 2017 10:18:32 7,313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I agree totally about the good getting better and the bad staying bad, I've seen heroes after about 3 mins yet I feel like I don't have enough time in a whole game. I am a little torn about buying the whole thing as I seem to bounce off of most mp games these days. We'll see how the trial plays out and if I pine after the ten hours (possible) if I had to guess score it now I'd say it's looking at high 7-8 (maybe plus a point if you a fan) too early to have a full impression
  • H1ggyLTD 11 Nov 2017 10:30:02 7,739 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    Have you paid for the friend matchmaking crate?
    :lol:
  • Frogofdoom 11 Nov 2017 10:47:09 6,126 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    40 hours playtime to unlock Vader from gameplay time as it stands. You do get a boost of credits at the start from challenges but they dry up pretty fast and you need those to try and get some cards for your troopers.
  • Ragnor 11 Nov 2017 13:07:14 115 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Good to hear the campaign isn't too shabby. Will pick up SWBF 2 when it's dirt cheap just for said campaign.
  • Ultrasoundwave 11 Nov 2017 17:16:25 5,602 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    I agree totally about the good getting better and the bad staying bad, I've seen heroes after about 3 mins yet I feel like I don't have enough time in a whole game.
    Just to back up the theory :

Just had my best round so far. Picked Assault class and went on a 8 player killstreak (also got some objectives) before getting sniped. Had enough to unlock Darth Maul (which I did) and promptly went on an 18 player killstreak.

Then, after I was killed, I had accrued enough credit to immediately unlock Darth Maul again (but he was taken) so I went as Kylo Ren and racked up an 11 player killstreak.

As I said, the good players get better.....
  • cowell 11 Nov 2017 23:45:59 1,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone heard of anyone stupid enough to think that the 10 hours of EA Access would mean they could just rinse the entire single player campaign...
  • Frogofdoom 12 Nov 2017 07:58:08 6,126 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No, but I have heard of people contacting ea support and getting their 10 hours reset after its run out.
  • Derblington 12 Nov 2017 09:14:39 29,676 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave

This will change with time.
    In playlists I've been put down, as Maul, incredibly quickly, after something like 3 kills.
    Players will identify and focus threats better, plus, with the game planned as a service, there will be numerous tweaks to everything based on statistical analysis and fan feedback.

Day One it's going to be the worst though, yeah.
  • ChiefGB 12 Nov 2017 09:43:08 7,313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I did the hovering over the icon stuff with this yesterday and it said Scorpio assets. Does this mean high res textures confirmed? Probably why it looks so much cleaner than beta on the pro maybe.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 12 Nov 2017 10:20:17 30,742 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    No, but I have heard of people contacting ea support and getting their 10 hours reset after its run out.
    Oooooh, tell me more...

I tried to Google it but all I can find are a sea of people whining about loot boxes/hero unlocks.
  • Frogofdoom 12 Nov 2017 10:27:56 6,126 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There were people on reddit yesterday saying they contacted ea support saying they had a problem with their trial counting down too fast and the support guys reset it with pretty much no questions.
  • Frogofdoom 12 Nov 2017 10:32:28 6,126 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I will say though, I think this really does have potential to be an excellent game but the progression system isn't great. The reviews will be pretty harsh on it due to this as well I think. It feels too heavily like f2p mechanics and I know they are doing the dlc for free but the time to unlock heroes etc is just too high. Maybe its acceptable for future hero releases but Vader being locked behind a grind wall feels pretty wrong to me.
  • sherpa1984 12 Nov 2017 11:02:59 726 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This was my most anticipated game of 2017- it seemed like this game was going to be to Battlefront what Assassin's Creed 2 was to the AC series.

But after a few hours of Origin Access play I've cancelled my pre-order: the graphics and sound are glorious but Dice have done what they always do and turned at least one capture point on each map into a funnelled clusterfuck where grenade-spam is way too rewarding.

I wanted this game to be my chill out game that I stick on when I have 30mins free but I'm mashing my keyboard in rage when I leg it to a point only to be taken out by an explosive.

I know the thermal detonator is pretty iconic in Star Wars but for fucks sake Dice- try a game where you don't put grenades in!!
  • Ultrasoundwave 12 Nov 2017 11:15:02 5,602 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Iím 6 hours into the EA access trial and Iím definitely keeping my pre-order.

The first 3 chapters of the campaign have shown that there could be a genuinely great Star Wars story here - I give DICE major credit for taking the risk of having the main character be on the Empires side, itís genuinely unnerving killing rebels!

The MP definitely needs work but thereís a great online shooter in there somewhere. A couple of inevitable patches and a bit of balancing and itíll be great.
  • Daz190uk 12 Nov 2017 11:28:33 226 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I didnít really like the first one very much. Once I got beyond the ďitís Star WarsĒ moments I thought it was a shallow version of Battlefield.

Iím liking this so far though. The SP seems great and my biggest criticism of the MP was that all the lasers felt the same and they seem to have addressed this and added some gun variety.

Iíve got from a definite no interest to might buy.
  • H1ggyLTD 12 Nov 2017 11:44:50 7,739 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I know this is wrong from a consumer standpoint, but I'm quite happy to just play the role of a droid in a grand battle.

That in itself is a cool Star Wars hit for me.
  • Page

of 34 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.