Destiny 2 Page 3

  • Page

    of 14 First / Last

  • H1ggyLTD 28 Mar 2017 13:13:52 6,040 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Of course they'll want a part of the esports pie.
  • cov 28 Mar 2017 13:16:30 1,656 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mmm still not convinced about the mechanics being unbalanced ... trials was more about practice team play and map control. you had the same issue back in the day a team who practised all week and had good comms would wipe a casual team just as badly with a completely level game playing field.
  • JiveHound 28 Mar 2017 13:18:25 7,756 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Graxlar_v2 wrote:
    @JiveHound a problem with that and the existing problem with the raids is they require everyone to be on point and not make a mistake. The amount of wipes caused by a momentary lapse in concerntraction by one member (usually me) has made them a lot less enjoyable than they could have been

    By bascially creating a solo queue, you are making it more likely to create situations where 1 person fucks up the game for 5 others.
    Totally, but you have to bear in mind that people will feel disgruntled for feeling like They're missing out so it suits Bungie to remedy it somehow. A niche game can focus on the hard-core contingent but a mainstream AAA needs everyone on board.

    I've felt the frustration of the weak link, sometimes I've been that but I wouldn't want a dulling of the intensity, especially as you are encouraged to keep playing it for rewards. Eventually you master it if the rewards are good enough.

    Heists in GTAO are another example of a game that hinges on the weak link being strong enough. Now that's frustration.
  • JiveHound 28 Mar 2017 13:20:43 7,756 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TolandsRancour wrote:
    Huh?

    I... didn't say that at all!

    Destiny isn't an eSport shooter (I like eSport's and eSport shooters) but I'm glad that this one is just for fun and not to be taken too seriously, the balance is out of whack for obvious reason's but that doesn't mean you can't use what you want and still be competitive or have fun.
    So you're having fun despite the imbalance?

    I'm sorry for seeming facetious but your argument is holier than Jesus cheese.
  • JiveHound 28 Mar 2017 13:24:10 7,756 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    cov wrote:
    mmm still not convinced about the mechanics being unbalanced ... trials was more about practice team play and map control. you had the same issue back in the day a team who practised all week and had good comms would wipe a casual team just as badly with a completely level game playing field.
    They may be more balanced now, in fact last time I played it seemed in a good place.

    However Bungie have struggled with keeping all primaries viable since launch and Jelly being the win button and main attribute coveted in potential raid players upset the community for ages.

    The lack of balance in Destiny is absolutely not a positive.
  • Graxlar_v2 28 Mar 2017 13:35:48 6,087 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    See my journey into destiny saw me trying out MP for the first time ever. It was very accessible for a first timer and that was great. I then played Halo 5 MP and when i went back to destiny the cracks started to appear and it become less and less fun as i began to notice the issues.
  • TolandsRancour 28 Mar 2017 13:42:11 1,878 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @JiveHound your creating a conflict where there isn't t a conflict. Destiny is unbalanced due to the single player bleeding into the MP, because of this Bungie have categorically stated that this isn't a 'competitive' game and more of a casual one.

    I like it because it's fun and as I've previously stated it progresses your character for the other activities.

    If I want a competitive or balanced game I play something else... I don't understand how enjoying something for what it is makes me 'Holier than Jesus cheese'
  • telboy007 28 Mar 2017 13:53:20 1,877 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do people still play this game?
  • Graxlar_v2 28 Mar 2017 13:55:38 6,087 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    telboy007 wrote:
    Do people still play this game?
    :D
  • cov 28 Mar 2017 20:02:34 1,656 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @JiveHound

    mmm don't want to gang up on you with tolands (and I hate agreeing with him) but its not the negative that it is made out to be. If you want a fully balanced everyone equal pvp there are plenty out there no need to play destiny.

    Primary balancing is because of two good things 1) ongoing adjustment to ensure a level playing field based on stats will always go one way and the other until it finds a balance 2) new weapons. Small price for both to have periods of time where one gun is slightly better than the rest and obviously affects the above.

    Class/ability balancing I always felt was a non issue and that they were actually very well balanced considering the amount of variables.

    Never felt the need to change class, sub class or weapon in pvp tbh. But as grax pointed out I came late to pvp because I was a hardcore competitive mofo who got very irate if I felt MP was unbalanced by even an iota

    heh
  • Ror 28 Mar 2017 20:10:57 15,113 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Teaser

    Full reveal trailer on Thursday.
  • cov 28 Mar 2017 20:23:00 1,656 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    well that hits the spot :D
  • Graxlar_v2 28 Mar 2017 20:23:34 6,087 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    So much HYPE
  • ChiefGB 28 Mar 2017 20:24:50 6,484 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That was spot on, fantastic.
  • Tryhard 28 Mar 2017 20:28:47 12,019 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You can get a broom now to sweep floors.


    Sold.
  • Kichii 28 Mar 2017 20:48:54 338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Anything that has blues in it and Mal equals win for me. :)
  • Malek86 28 Mar 2017 21:05:36 5,600 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nice teaser. It makes it look like they might be going for a more comedic/adventurous tone for the sequel.

    Then again, it's just a teaser.

    Edited by Malek86 at 21:05:43 28-03-2017
  • wuntyphyve 28 Mar 2017 21:12:34 8,621 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have to say that was quite awesome.
  • LittleSparra 28 Mar 2017 21:59:55 6,042 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Obligatory, but eh, gameplay please. Mal being Buck being Cayde-6 is 'lol great character [because the game has no other characters]'.

    Full trailer plz!
  • ChiefGB 28 Mar 2017 23:31:03 6,484 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, full trailer needs actual gameplay or its all just fluff really, the tone was fantastic though, and cayde was far more animated then before. I'm assuming that wasn't in game model footage anyway, but it could have been I spose as its no longer cross generation.
  • Ror 28 Mar 2017 23:38:46 15,113 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nah, it's CG. Gameplay would be nice, but I'm guessing it'll be a live action/CG thing. I really liked this one, so I wouldn't mind.

    We'll probably see a full gameplay reveal at E3, and it'll be nice to see how it looks now it's no longer tied to old-gen systems.
  • TheMilkman 28 Mar 2017 23:56:39 542 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @JiveHound Yeh, it's ridiculous.

    There's no real argument for and against, I just like it. There's so much bullshit in it I can see how it annoys people, but it just doesn't bother me. It feels like it's not even trying to be balanced.
  • H1ggyLTD 29 Mar 2017 06:53:08 6,040 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Who's this cayde guy?
  • telboy007 29 Mar 2017 08:27:20 1,877 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Hunter at the vanguard table getting annoyed at guardians standing on it.
  • breakablepants 29 Mar 2017 08:37:46 659 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Who's this cayde guy?
    What Telboy said. He's also the dude that gives you all the initial missions in TTK story mode.
  • breakablepants 29 Mar 2017 08:40:20 659 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Loved the teaser. Definitely in the style of the live action trailers they've done previously - there will be gameplay ones to follow.

    Did anyone try the updated Crota's End last night? Any major changes, or just harder?
  • telboy007 29 Mar 2017 08:46:12 1,877 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We didn't we far enough to find any changed bits.
  • ChiefGB 29 Mar 2017 10:22:45 6,484 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I did see on a stream that they've disabled the outside window ledge in the last area. I would assume they've removed the bridge cheese methods also.
  • Graxlar_v2 29 Mar 2017 10:23:43 6,087 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    So PS4 exclusive content again :(
  • LittleSparra 29 Mar 2017 10:26:48 6,042 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    For The Players.
  • Page

    of 14 First / Last

Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.