Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 102

• Page

of 103 First / Last

• wuntyphyve 29 Jan 2018 12:49:52 9,793 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's such a shame. I'm already seeing the end of my D2 grind (which I haven't even started) yet D1 just keeps giving and giving. Just finished Kings Fall for the first time last night. It was immense, and still to try the 390 version. Wrath of the Machine is getting done on friday. D2 does have some awesome parts to it though and I'm actually quite enjoying the way the weapons work now, even though I do still prefer D1s weapons. Has Bad JuJu made it in to D2?
  • GarlVinland 29 Jan 2018 13:05:48 2,652 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bad Juju would be crazy OP in D2, so it hasn't made it in. Hard Light, MIDA, Telesto and Jade Rabbit are in but all have been nerfed to some degree, I think.
  • Switch024 29 Jan 2018 17:05:48 2,161 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think a lot of the D2 criticism is fair, I've been playing a bit of D1 again recently an it's just a lot more fun to play.

Weapons are more rewarding to play around with, exotics feel more powerful. Armour has perks that actually do interesting things that can change your playstyle.

The gameplay also feels faster, you move quicker, your super is up more often and your abilities charge faster.

Going back to D1 has just confirmed to me how disappointing sequel this is.
  • GarlVinland 29 Jan 2018 17:19:23 2,652 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is there still much of a community playing D1? I've held off from going back to it, partly because my characters would have so much catching up to do anyway, and partly because I'm worried how D2 would look in comparison.

I'm coming to the end of meaningful content for D2 though so might just go back to 1 for the power trip and loot grind.
  • wuntyphyve 29 Jan 2018 17:43:10 9,793 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @GarlVinland it still seems packed tbh. I joined a clan which currently seems to be raiding and playing most nights. Having more fun with the game now than I ever have before.
  • Malek86 29 Jan 2018 18:44:26 6,718 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Telesto has actually been improved since D1 (it's my main equip now), but it takes a power weapon slot rather than a secondary slot, so that was to be expected really.

I do see a lot of people still playing D1, however compared to the pre--D2 days, I see many more players below level 40. I think at this point most people still playing are those who are going through the story now (or players making new characters).
  • Switch024 29 Jan 2018 22:00:49 2,161 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I really didn't realise how much I missed secondary weapons and heavy machine guns.

Having a sniper rifle as a heavy has ruined them in D2, I can count on one hand the number of times I've chosen one over a rocket launcher.
  • Malek86 30 Jan 2018 21:19:09 6,718 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Did they nerf exp point gains (again)? I feel like my bar was increasing a lot slower than normal today, considering the weekly 3x bonus.
  • Switch024 30 Jan 2018 22:41:18 2,161 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think I read in the patch notes that they reduced the amounts required but I've not had a single level up this evening, that's despite playing a good amount of iron banner.
  • breakablepants 31 Jan 2018 12:40:16 773 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @GarlVinland It's not even the parallel development process that seems strange; how the hell did they not see the flaws in the game when they playtested it?

Check the credits sequence when you complete story mode - hundreds of playtesters. Did nobody give any feedback about the game compared to D1? Nobody went "the way you are doing shaders is complete pish" or "hey guys, love what you've done with autorifles, but you've made sniper rifles and shotguns totally pointless"?

I get that with a game like Destiny, it will evolve over time. But it's the underlying changes that seem to have had big repercussions. Eververse is annoying but irrelevant to the core gameplay is where the problem lies. Changing weapons from heavy to secondary may seem to be retrograde but I think it would encourage a lot more variation in gameplay than there is at the moment.
  • GarlVinland 31 Jan 2018 13:29:03 2,652 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Switch024 wrote:
    I think I read in the patch notes that they reduced the amounts required but I've not had a single level up this evening, that's despite playing a good amount of iron banner.
    How many matches/wins do you reckon it takes to level once in IB? I quite fancy the Hunter IB armour but probably won't find much time this week. The Titan IB ornaments look pretty good too.

@breakablepants it's just a catalogue of poor choices. There is absolutely no reason I should need 2 assault rifles in my loadout, but playing Titan and using the War Rig makes it optimal. Just extremely boring.

I was playing around with loadouts last night, and the number of incredibly boring weapon perks was shocking. 90% seem to be, extra damage on last bullet, or extra damage after reload. Things you wouldn't even notice if a number didn't pop up on screen to tell you.
  • breakablepants 31 Jan 2018 15:47:12 773 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I played 7 rounds of IB last night, only won 2, but that was enough tokens for one item of armour, and halfway to the next. I did complete the daily IB tasks, so assume that boosted the token numbers I got. Stats are showing that I've completed 24% of the required games for the week already.

Doesn't look like I will get all of the ornaments as the one for grenades / melee is a real grind for my play style.

Can't really see that any of the weapons are worth spending tokens on.

I'm not clear on how the tokens work; is it better to spend directly on an item with tokens/shards, or give them to Shaxx and get engrams? Do you get better/different stuff that way?
  • GarlVinland 31 Jan 2018 16:37:52 2,652 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Damn I can forget about getting anything this week then, I'm usually bored of Crucible after 2 rounds. :) And I also heard that the grenades ornament is a real grind, saw some say they were on 5% after a day's play.

Oh well, I'll just stick to my Titan's medieval knight look!
  • Switch024 31 Jan 2018 16:37:58 2,161 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @GarlVinland Yeah not long I think around 20 tokens is a level. You get 2 for a loss and 5 for a win, with the daily milestones giving you 15.

If you've earned 10 ranks ups from previous Iron Banner you can go in and buy all the weapons and armour you straight away, just need to earn the tokens.

The armour ornaments take a bit of grinding but as they're only cosmetic you can play a small amount and walk away with all the gear and weapons.
  • GarlVinland 31 Jan 2018 17:02:16 2,652 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Think I'll skip it this time. Medieval knight trumps samurai (is that what they're going for?) IMO.

Still trying to hunt down Crimson, Telesto and stupidly, the Wings of Sacred Dawn. Will probably end up playing dozens of hours for something you get free in the campaign.

Also, Celestial Nighthawk is life.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 2 Feb 2018 05:22:47 12,421 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Celestial Nighthawk with raid mods and a good tether man is Death! XD
  • breakablepants 2 Feb 2018 10:31:30 773 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Am I right in saying that the reward for hitting the 200 token goal is just another emblem?

If so, colour me I-can't-be-arsed.

Will play enough to get the 2 bits of Warlock armour I don't have, then that's it.
  • GarlVinland 2 Feb 2018 10:40:55 2,652 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm basically logging on once a week to get the Fated Engram, finish my exotic collection, then log off.

Front page has details on improvements to the game. 'Make it more D1', basically.
  • Malek86 2 Feb 2018 13:11:25 6,718 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So the XP gains were indeed bugged this week.

PvP should feel better with the upcoming changes, though in retrospect, they will probably make things harder for newbs. Dunno how to feel about the whole situation. I guess some extra excitement will be good though.

In the end though, I'm really just hoping for DLC2 to see some much bigger changes.

Edited by Malek86 at 13:12:33 02-02-2018
  • ecu 2 Feb 2018 13:42:22 80,325 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    I'm basically logging on once a week to get the Fated Engram, finish my exotic collection, then log off.
    Same here. The game will be get better, but I dunno. No matter what they do it’ll never be better than D1, so at times I wonder why I even care anymore. Sequels are supposed to improve on the original game, and now we’re in a situation where the game launched a worse game than D1, and I’m supposed to get excited about them making the game more like D1 but still not as good.
  • GarlVinland 2 Feb 2018 14:07:31 2,652 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I understand that after D1 they maybe had to develop a sequel to ditch the legacy tech for PS3 etc, but if they ever get the game to a state at least as good as D1, I would love to see them just take the MMO route and release yearly expansions instead of sequels. Never gonna happen though, apparently they're already working on D3, which will probably repeat D2's mistakes, and so on.
  • Malek86 2 Feb 2018 23:00:17 6,718 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They need to mix up the Iron Banner a bit, I'm getting tired of Control.
  • Bichii 2 Feb 2018 23:31:55 380 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I mainly just play maybe one hour of crucible a week. Maybe a raid ever other week. It's fun but I'm never a fan of repeating stuff loads.
  • Malek86 3 Feb 2018 14:42:43 6,718 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just remembered that I had accumulated hundreds of tokens in the past month (since there was no point in using thems), and blew them all today... and now my entire armor set, save for the exotic arms, is Masterworks. I wonder if it really makes a difference. Probably not.

Also could the Taken do this in D1?

https://i.imgur.com/PZH9rpA.png

Edited by Malek86 at 14:55:33 03-02-2018
  • Switch024 3 Feb 2018 19:33:19 2,161 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah I've got full Iron Banner masterwork armour and the bonus is hardly noticeable.
  • wuntyphyve 6 Feb 2018 08:59:55 9,793 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Malek86 Shield each other? Yeah they could.
  • wuntyphyve 6 Feb 2018 09:02:13 9,793 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Silly question. How do I join a faction? Missing my Dead Orbit threads...

Also. I'm not sure I like this game much. The first one continues to be amazing but I am so meh about this it's unreal. Nothing feels right dammit. The weapons, the classes, the armour, the upgrades. Nothing. I miss having to unlock the weapon perks with experience. And have I really maxed out all three subclasses already? In about 10 hours of play? What the actual fuck.

Edited by wuntyphyve at 09:03:04 06-02-2018
  • GarlVinland 6 Feb 2018 09:54:23 2,652 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can only join during a Faction Rally I think. Will need to wait a while.

They stripped out all the RPG elements and complexity and streamlined it, even though those are the things that keep people playing. The game is paddling-pool deep. I reckon this game is already done for and we'll have to wait for D3 for any real change. The problems with the game run down to the core and they would basically need to rework everything to get it to a decent place, and I reckon they've already lost enough players for it not to be worthwhile. Even a Taken King-style expansion built on these foundations wouldn't be enough.
  • LittleSparra 6 Feb 2018 10:00:57 7,677 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I know you guys love Destiny and this is futile and whatever, but let's not pretend it had much in the way of 'RPG elements' or 'complexity'. What it had was better time-sinks: it had a 'better' grind hook (more bars to fill with moderate rewards; looks great by D2 standards, but otherwise I'm not so sure), a less restrictive attitude to its 'competitive' MP design, and, not surprisingly, much more content than a much more recent game.

Edited by LittleSparra at 10:02:34 06-02-2018
  • ecu 6 Feb 2018 10:09:16 80,325 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well that’s the problem isn’t it. The first game was light on RPG elements but it was just enough of a hook. They’ve amazingly stripped it back in D2 where they should have gone in the opposite direction and made it deeper.
  • Page

of 103 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.