• Page

of 73 First / Last

• oldskooldeano 27 Mar 2017 23:04:31 2,832 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
  • Kichii 27 Mar 2017 23:45:22 406 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I wonder how much content there will be? 1h 47minute campaign then stuff full of bull shit bounties and re used areas? Then the other 1h 12minutes of story will be released as part of the two part 39.99 season pass? Sadly I'm probably not that wrong. :(
  • Khanivor 28 Mar 2017 02:47:59 43,248 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    After Civ Destiny is my favoritist game ever. I'm super excited for the sequel. This coming from an aged and jaded gamer who doesn't get much thrills from gaming anymore.

Hopefully the new engine and toolset will allow Bungie to keep adding content and do the simple things - likemore and varied bounties- which were apparently such a challenge with their old tools.
  • telboy007 28 Mar 2017 03:05:08 1,998 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LittleSparra wrote:
    telboy007 wrote:
    Last City is on fire mother fuckers.
    Yeah i saw that. Maybe the Traveler splooged everywhere?
    Gooey!
  • ubergine 28 Mar 2017 03:29:13 7,359 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm interested to see whether they can do anything to address the first game's problems, but given that it, bafflingly, has its fans, Activision might not sense a need to.
  • cov 28 Mar 2017 07:21:23 1,696 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    yeah right I mean I spend most of the day chewing my fist

*dribbles*
  • TitanWarlord93 28 Mar 2017 08:03:18 149 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Since I had bought the first Destiny at launch nearly 3 years ago, I had spent hundreds and hours playing it through including expansions spanning over 2 years.

At first I thought it was a lot of fun but as time goes by it does go downhill slightly before the TTK released whereas it got interesting again.

Hoping Bungie will address the issues in the first instalment for the sequel to make the experience even better so I can play hundreds of hours again.
  • TitanWarlord93 28 Mar 2017 08:03:18 149 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Since I had bought the first Destiny at launch nearly 3 years ago, I had spent hundreds and hours playing it through including expansions spanning over 2 years.

At first I thought it was a lot of fun but as time goes by it does go downhill slightly before the TTK released whereas it got interesting again.

Hoping Bungie will address the issues in the first instalment for the sequel to make the experience even better so I can play hundreds of hours again.
  • TolandsRancour 28 Mar 2017 08:09:53 1,947 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    After Civ Destiny is my favoritist game ever. I'm super excited for the sequel. This coming from an aged and jaded gamer who doesn't get much thrills from gaming anymore.

Hopefully the new engine and toolset will allow Bungie to keep adding content and do the simple things - likemore and varied bounties- which were apparently such a challenge with their old tools.
    Hopefully they'll create some more jumping puzzles for you! :)
  • Ferx 28 Mar 2017 08:33:47 231 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is making me feel things.
    Now I need to bring my ps4 on vacation so I won't miss the beta
  • TheMilkman 28 Mar 2017 11:45:15 553 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My favourite multiplayer shooter ever, edging out bfbc2. It's not a popular opinion, but I just can't get enough of the movement and all the different weapons etc. It's in no way balanced, and never has been, but that's why I like it.

I'm actually a bit worried they go down the esports/more balanced route for the sequel. I find those kind of shooters really boring.
  • JiveHound 28 Mar 2017 12:27:22 8,436 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Vault of Glass stands as one of the greatest co op experiences I ever had so I'm hoping for more of that. More Raids and more relevant Raids at one time please!

Less gouging the early adopters too please!

I would be happy if ADS was banished too but I fear it's too engrained now. I'll take less stuff to trip over then and a clamber function.
  • JiveHound 28 Mar 2017 12:27:53 8,436 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TheMilkman wrote:
    My favourite multiplayer shooter ever, edging out bfbc2. It's not a popular opinion, but I just can't get enough of the movement and all the different weapons etc. It's in no way balanced, and never has been, but that's why I like it.

I'm actually a bit worried they go down the esports/more balanced route for the sequel. I find those kind of shooters really boring.
    You like it because it's unbalanced? Surely even among casuals it's better to have the full quotient of weapons/tools viable?

Edited by JiveHound at 12:32:25 28-03-2017
  • TolandsRancour 28 Mar 2017 12:42:34 1,947 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I understand what he's saying and I agree! :)
  • JiveHound 28 Mar 2017 12:46:31 8,436 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TolandsRancour wrote:
    I understand what he's saying and I agree! :)
    I get the esport sentiment, that you can focus on balance to the detriment of the mainstream player to make games much more competitive but in a game that's fundamentally a one armed bandit surely you'd want the gun that pops out the bottom to be functionally competitive with other guns of that level?

Otherwise it's a mess.

Thorn being so OP made PvP a joke for a very long time. No one class/weapon should ever be the be all and end all.

Edited by JiveHound at 12:47:18 28-03-2017
  • You-can-call-me-kal 28 Mar 2017 12:50:42 9,424 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The raids were probably the best part of the first game, but also the most problematic. The huge investment of time needed to complete one and the difficulties in finding a committed and capable group to do it with ultimately made that part of the game much more ‘hardcore’ than I think it was ever intended to be. There was a massive gap between the general ‘jump in’ nature of the rest of the game, and the raids.

I’d love to see them address that somehow. A halfway house between the raids and the strikes might be good.
  • Graxlar_v2 28 Mar 2017 12:52:45 7,076 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I understand what he is saying and disagree.

The PVP in destiny was massively unbalanced (a by product of inserting RPG elements into a shooter) and not particularly fun.

My wish is for Bungie to release me from the PVP side of things and to give PVP/PVE alternate paths for exotic quest lines.
  • TolandsRancour 28 Mar 2017 12:54:55 1,947 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've found that no matter what the current meta is, all guns are 'viable' if your good enough. With that said it's fun to feel OP sometimes but it's even more fun to use something outside of the meta to kill someone going full blown meta try hard!

I've been rocking a Colavance (scout rifle) since it popped up in the 1st Iron Banner and regardless of balance/meta changes I can still wreck house.

Destiny isn't an eSport shooter, it's a just for laugh's one that filters back into your character's progression.
  • JiveHound 28 Mar 2017 12:56:07 8,436 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @You-can-call-me-kal

Good point. For everyone that lauds the Raids there are others that just couldn't get involved one way or another.

I don't think matchmaking is necessarily the answer, I do think a server browser would be a better idea. At the very least an in game tool to march people up. Some sort of Raid lounge.

That would mean dedicated servers I guess, though a list of current p2p games couldn't be too hard to implement. This is Bungie after all who used to be innovators in the online space.

As you say something similar to Raids of a smaller focus would be good, some Raid mechanics and environments did end up getting used in other events and activities so they made an effort to placate people who felt they were paying for content they couldn't play.

Edited by JiveHound at 12:58:37 28-03-2017
  • JiveHound 28 Mar 2017 12:57:45 8,436 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TolandsRancour wrote:
    I've found that no matter what the current meta is, all guns are 'viable' if your good enough. With that said it's fun to feel OP sometimes but it's even more fun to use something outside of the meta to kill someone going full blown meta try hard!

I've been rocking a Colavance (scout rifle) since it popped up in the 1st Iron Banner and regardless of balance/meta changes I can still wreck house.

Destiny isn't an eSport shooter, it's a just for laugh's one that filters back into your character's progression.
    A stick is good enough if you're good enough.

Not a terribly compelling argument. Also not particularly consistent. Esport is bad but being amazing with shit weapons is good?
  • Ror 28 Mar 2017 12:58:53 16,026 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I did one single Raid - a year-late run through Vault.
  • cov 28 Mar 2017 12:59:28 1,696 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I agree with tolands but horses for courses... means no one is wrong
  • Graxlar_v2 28 Mar 2017 13:00:43 7,076 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @cov you didn't touch the pvp for a year and a half :p
  • Graxlar_v2 28 Mar 2017 13:03:26 7,076 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @JiveHound a problem with that and the existing problem with the raids is they require everyone to be on point and not make a mistake. The amount of wipes caused by a momentary lapse in concerntraction by one member (usually me) has made them a lot less enjoyable than they could have been

By bascially creating a solo queue, you are making it more likely to create situations where 1 person fucks up the game for 5 others.

Edited by Graxlar_v2 at 13:04:36 28-03-2017
  • TolandsRancour 28 Mar 2017 13:04:57 1,947 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Huh?

I... didn't say that at all!

Destiny isn't an eSport shooter (I like eSport's and eSport shooters) but I'm glad that this one is just for fun and not to be taken too seriously, the balance is out of whack for obvious reason's but that doesn't mean you can't use what you want and still be competitive or have fun.
  • cov 28 Mar 2017 13:05:31 1,696 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    heh yup cos I was old school and didn't like idea of classes and different loadouts.. shows what I know :p

pvp was occasionally a bit unbalanced (nowhere near what people claimed) but most things had a counter with some thought. occasional issues with weapons but soon addressed. rather that than no new ones.
  • Graxlar_v2 28 Mar 2017 13:06:09 7,076 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    TolandsRancour wrote:
    Huh?

I... didn't say that at all!

Destiny isn't an eSport shooter (I like eSport's and eSport shooters) but I'm glad that this one is just for fun and not to be taken too seriously, the balance is out of whack for obvious reason's but that doesn't mean you can't use what you want and still be competitive or have fun.
    Just avoid trials right :)
  • cov 28 Mar 2017 13:08:33 1,696 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ow!
  • You-can-call-me-kal 28 Mar 2017 13:09:17 9,424 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The raids either required you to be so experienced and proficient you could easily use something like LFG and just slot in without causing trouble, or you needed to have a regular group that were all at a very similar level so as not to cause internal frustration.

Thanks to some friendly and patient people on here I was able to experience most of the raids a few times, and definitely got a good sense of the fun that was to be had there, but I never got close to the level required to be smashing through raids every weekend.

I don’t mind there being something there for the real hardcore, but again, it just felt like there was something missing in the middle somehow. You can either do a strike for 15 mins or a raid for 6 hours. A one hour mini-raid would go a long way.
  • Graxlar_v2 28 Mar 2017 13:11:30 7,076 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @cov that was not a dig, cov. Stop stirring. My point was when it comes to metas etc it becomes very apparent in trials how unbalanced the game is (more so than any other mode)
  • Page

of 73 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.