Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 95

• Page

of 98 First / Last

• y2rich 6 Dec 2017 11:43:28 3,165 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Far as I can tell you get 3 adventures and 3 heroic adventures in there a week. All of which might as well be the same thing.
  • Malek86 6 Dec 2017 11:50:19 6,453 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    As far as I can tell, Heroic Strikes are just regular strikes with a higher power level. No modifiers, no differences.

You do get a lot more rewards, but will that matter anymore once you hit the soft cap for gear?
  • y2rich 6 Dec 2017 11:53:13 3,165 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Heroic strikes looked like Nightfall without the timer/modifiers from what I saw yesterday
  • breakablepants 6 Dec 2017 14:40:20 756 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's. Just. Too. Easy.
  • breakablepants 6 Dec 2017 14:43:25 756 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    As always, the new levels look amazing. Plot all a bit pish as usual. Only done half (?) of the new story mode, always the same high quality from the team, but no 'wow' moments so far.

But it's soo bloody easy! Would it be so hard to have a difficulty option (as with D1?) Why the hell would you set it at 200 power when the vast majority of players will be pushing 300?

Once again, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...
  • Bichii 6 Dec 2017 14:51:44 206 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    @breakablepants yeah it is a weird one. My only death in the whole of story mode was from standing in vex sperm when I didn't realise I was covered in it.
  • ozthegweat 6 Dec 2017 16:10:53 1,634 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Top folks have made progress and will soon-ish tell us a timeframe when a PS4 Pro HDR fix will be available:
    https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/938223790005280768

Edited by ozthegweat at 16:12:58 06-12-2017
  • Captain_Toad 6 Dec 2017 21:33:53 389 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    /r destinythegame is a mess.  This hasnt gone down well at all.  Fun to read tho :D
  • Kovacs77 6 Dec 2017 21:40:09 550 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Who named The Vex, do they call themselves that or did we give them them that name? Vex means "to worry, especially about trivial matters". Scary. The story, lore, characters etc in this game are fucking woeful..
  • Malek86 6 Dec 2017 22:23:12 6,453 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And here I thought the story was too easy. I tried an heroic adventure (I'm currently power 308) and it kicked my arse. I made it, but took me half an hour and I died way too many times.

The idea of having special consumables tied to public events and other activities is also interesting, but as long as it's limited to Mercury (the worst patrol area ever), it won't do much good.

Kovacs77 wrote:
    Who named The Vex, do they call themselves that or did we give them them that name? Vex means "to worry, especially about trivial matters". Scary. The story, lore, characters etc in this game are fucking woeful..
    The first game had a tremendous amount of lore, though it was all hidden in the Grimoire. D2 in comparison, by only telling what the game characters can tell, ends up looking empty.

Edited by Malek86 at 22:23:50 06-12-2017
  • ozthegweat 6 Dec 2017 22:29:11 1,634 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Apparently I'm the only one enjoying CoO. The story is cool, the music is great and the visual art is awesome (Mercury before the Vex terraformed it and Progenitor Vex enemy design both especially come to mind). After playing what must have been about 3 hours I'm at the last mission (I think), so plenty of content for me.
  • Malek86 6 Dec 2017 22:38:02 6,453 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's not that I'm not enjoying it. At the least, Heroic adventures will probably last me a while.

However, too much of the new content is only enclosed within Mercury, just like the Plaguelands in ROI. I'd rather they did like in TTK, which added lots of content spread around all areas.

Granted, there's still the second part of the big update coming next week.
  • ozthegweat 6 Dec 2017 23:03:33 1,634 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is more like HoW or TDB. I wouldn't expect an expansion like TTK until next fall when we'll probably see a DLC where The Darkness invades, which would be a perfect excuse to sprinkle content all over the existing maps.
  • y2rich 7 Dec 2017 07:12:42 3,165 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hit 324 Power last night and still have my heroic strike milestones and the raid lair to do (unlocks tomorrow apparently?) I’ll be at the power cap by next week at this rate
  • Malek86 7 Dec 2017 08:54:40 6,453 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Forge would be quite fun, if Mercury didn't only have literally one public event (some smaller events like high-value targets and lost chest sometimes count, sometimes don't, I'm not sure). I'm already tired of those Vex Crossroads and patrol map smaller than Titan.

If they expand the token rewards to all planets, then it might make sense.

Edited by Malek86 at 08:58:42 07-12-2017
  • Telepathic.Geometry 7 Dec 2017 09:27:59 12,418 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's really weird to me that people who don't have the DLC, and who are now locked out of Prestige raids and Prestige Nightfalls aren't complaining more. The normal mode raid and normal mode nightfalls are gonna be bastard hard for them as well. If you're a trophy hunter, fuck you, you can't get the Platinum unless you pay for the DLC.

And God knows what happens to them when the next DLC rolls out, and the so called (fucking meaningless) "power level" goes up another thirty levels to lock them out of normal mode raids, and regular nightfall as well.

This is obviously an oversight on Bungie's behalf, right?

Still, I'm surprised that there isn't a thread about this...
  • GarlVinland 7 Dec 2017 09:28:41 2,314 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished the DLC campaign, and a few adventures. Didn't like it. I feel like I've been running the Infinite Forest forever. The only encounter I even remember is the last one. Plus, there are only 5 new exotic weapons, and 4 of them are essentially reskins!

I feel vaguely ripped off. :confused:
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 7 Dec 2017 09:33:28 2,118 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My word, the expansion has been getting an absolute critical mauling. Brown-trousers time at Bungie/Activision?

I did end up buying Destiny 2 (heavily discounted), but have only dabbled around a bit with the story campaign (think I was level 11 last time I played). Bungie's community engagement seems to have been utterly awful and a good example of how to turn a difficult patch into a full blown crisis. Compare and contrast the approach taken by Creative Assembly for another game which has had a tricky post-launch period.
  • LittleSparra 7 Dec 2017 09:33:59 7,153 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's that Destiny feeling.
  • y2rich 7 Dec 2017 09:35:11 3,165 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Malek86 I’ve been doing public events and opening chests in the EDZ and getting Forge materials? Only done the Mercury one twice and never since getting access to Forge stuff
  • Supra_Hans 7 Dec 2017 09:53:30 101 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    It's really weird to me that people who don't have the DLC, and who are now locked out of Prestige raids and Prestige Nightfalls aren't complaining more. The normal mode raid and normal mode nightfalls are gonna be bastard hard for them as well. If you're a trophy hunter, fuck you, you can't get the Platinum unless you pay for the DLC.

And God knows what happens to them when the next DLC rolls out, and the so called (fucking meaningless) "power level" goes up another thirty levels to lock them out of normal mode raids, and regular nightfall as well.

This is obviously an oversight on Bungie's behalf, right?

Still, I'm surprised that there isn't a thread about this...
    It absolutely boggles my mind how this is not a bigger deal. I bought D2 on PC, played for a week or two, then was away for 3 weeks, came back and within a week, would have been locked out of all the content - had I not bought the expansion.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 7 Dec 2017 09:57:52 2,118 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Supra_Hans Looking around, Kotaku have done a prominent piece on it and it features heavily in Destructoid's review of the expansion. EG seem to be behind the curve on it, but I'm guessing that's for time-zone reasons? They'll surely cover it today...
  • Captain_Toad 7 Dec 2017 09:58:32 389 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    What's keeping EG so long in reporting on this?
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Dec 2017 09:59:14 771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Oli - Today at 9:56 AM
    we're looking at the expansion of course but the primary point of interest for us it the second patch which is due next week (I think? I'm not the Destiny expert)
    we won't be weighing in on the state of the game until we've seen that
    given the XP controversy etc the key story is the gameplay changes at the moment, not the new content

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 10:00:16 07-12-2017
  • Supra_Hans 7 Dec 2017 10:00:46 101 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hopefully this gets more traction then. It's pure bullshit - absolute worst kind of anti-consumer, exploitative behaviour I can think of. You sell someone a game, and then essentially hold bits of it to ransom after 6 weeks if they don't pay you more.
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Dec 2017 10:00:59 771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    which i disagree with but then i have made my thoughts clear on the state of the DLC in other avenues.
  • Supra_Hans 7 Dec 2017 10:03:55 101 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 cheers - just seen this. Weirdly he was replying to TungstenPirate - also me! Supra_Hans (or variations thereof) are my older account names.
  • y2rich 7 Dec 2017 10:04:08 3,165 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Amusing thing about all this is, how many people this actually effects? I’d imagine anyone pushing for Prestige level content is the sort of player that already had the DLC pre ordered/were buying it anyway.
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Dec 2017 10:07:52 771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    The being locked out of content thing is not new with Destiny though... its a model they have carried out constantly throughout Destiny 1 with Nightfall's and heroic story missions/strikes being unavailable unless you buy the new shiny.

ITs a disgusting practice but meh... only thing different is you are locking people out of an achievement.
  • PazJohnMitch 7 Dec 2017 10:10:03 13,020 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/07/destiny-2-curse-of-osiris-review-less-of-the-same-7138972/
  • Page

of 98 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.