Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 81

• Page

of 86 First / Last

• Peew971 7 Oct 2017 13:02:23 6,965 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Actually in D2 it's not a bad strat to cap all points, not really the same game as D1.
  • ecu 7 Oct 2017 13:49:34 80,052 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    In D2 you should be capping all points if possible in control.
  • ModoX 7 Oct 2017 14:03:03 2,824 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do you not just flip spawns the same as in D1? I did control this morning on the raid map and we held C and B nicely until some idiot when and got A and we came all undone. We still won but for a few minutes after our lead got eroded quite significantly.
  • JiveHound 7 Oct 2017 14:10:27 8,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The game encourages you to get all three so I think it's probably a risk reward thing
  • bbvDJC 7 Oct 2017 15:08:33 1,981 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ModoX wrote:
    Do you not just flip spawns the same as in D1? I did control this morning on the raid map and we held C and B nicely until some idiot when and got A and we came all undone. We still won but for a few minutes after our lead got eroded quite significantly.
    I think it depends on how coordinated you are, as well as the opposite team. If you manage to cap three points they have the option to storm one or spilt push the other two which can be easily defended against.
  • Bichii 7 Oct 2017 18:39:06 102 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Whoop. Just got my second ever platinum!
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Oct 2017 18:56:24 232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    Nice, I just need to get round to doing my Titan and I will have my second platinum.
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Oct 2017 18:58:07 232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    It depends on the map. Emperor's reprieve capture point A has a clear advantage over C so you don't want to capture C and let people into A.
  • 1Dgaf 7 Oct 2017 20:38:06 4,908 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm at level 81 after equipping my most powerful items.

Is anything supposed to happen now? I thought I unlocked some ability to make things or something.

Also, I've got two copies of the same exotic helmet, one level 284 and one 234. If I combine them, will I end up with a more powerful helmet overall?
  • Frogofdoom 7 Oct 2017 21:10:26 5,969 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not sure about the logic of capping all 3 when playing with randoms, you have a team of 4 and the time you have the power play is minimal and you usually lose 2 points straight away. I can understand it with an organised team but you arent even talking to them so there is no coordination. 2 holding a and 2 holding b would win and stand a good chance of holding as people rarely attack in groups of more than 2. Could be wrong as I havent done much destiny PvP compared to some but its a sound strategy in other shooters.
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Oct 2017 05:06:52 232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    @1Dgaf hey idgaf,

If you have hit 281 you have unlocked modding with banded. Time to go nuts buying blue mods in s hope of getting a purple. I would also suggest now looking for the guns you like the most.

Lastly, you are a good level to start running nightfall/raid so go to your clan/friends and start asking if there are any games going. It is just a case of finding the guns you like and doing the weekly milestones from now on in a hope of getting 305.
  • ModoX 8 Oct 2017 07:37:09 2,824 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The helmet at 234 is useless now - dismantle it for materials.
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Oct 2017 08:11:51 232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    Oh yeah, also do that
  • telboy007 8 Oct 2017 13:08:41 2,021 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah infusing isnt combining, one item improves the power level of the other. Also watch out for armour/weapons with purple mods. If you use them to infuse you lose the mod and the power level it infuses to will be 5 lower.

Fun.

Edited by telboy007 at 13:09:02 08-10-2017

Edited by telboy007 at 13:09:21 08-10-2017
  • 1Dgaf 8 Oct 2017 16:21:52 4,908 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 Thanks grax. I'll start buying random mods.

I've not been able to play for a couple of weeks, but I hope to get back online a bit more often next week.
  • Peew971 9 Oct 2017 08:15:15 6,965 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Only buy mods if you hate glimmer :)
  • ozthegweat 9 Oct 2017 08:22:57 1,584 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @telboy007 They could easily display the power level of the item as "293+5" for example, to let you know you're infusing an item with a legendary mod.
  • TheRealBadabing 10 Oct 2017 00:38:50 1,722 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    OK, I'm calling it now.

Soon there will be an Eververse item that will allow you to reset (some/all of) your weekly quests. Things like flashpoints will be repeatable if you spend some cash.

As these quests are the only way to realistically increase light levels post 280 or so, I'm sure they will find a way to monetise it. And it will be a gold mine for Activision.
  • ModoX 10 Oct 2017 08:37:11 2,824 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't see that myself, doing all of your milestones takes a few hours, anyone who plays enough that they have time to complete all their milestones and still want to repeat some or all of them is probably 305 already by now.
  • TheRealBadabing 10 Oct 2017 09:12:31 1,722 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    That's my point. A few hours a week of meaningful advancement is nothing to most players. Done within a couple of days (at most?) then no real reason to play until the next week. With every item having fixed values there isn't even the lure of getting a better drop than the version you already own.

305 is not what it's all about. The Journey is definitely more important but if that journey is only advanced in little chunks once a week then people will have very little to do in the meantime. The cynic in me just can't believe that such a limitation wasn't recognised and marked for exploitation.
  • JiveHound 10 Oct 2017 09:28:30 8,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Having more variety in builds and actually having more control over how you build coupled with more procederally generated content would add longevity. The whole point of these type of games is testing build strategy and mechanical competence. Both of these facts Bungie need to seriously work on imo.

Edited by JiveHound at 09:28:52 10-10-2017
  • ModoX 10 Oct 2017 11:36:20 2,824 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I agree with slayerage's reddit thread, they need to give up on balance. Why can't we become super powerful with ridiculous abilities and guns with crazy perks? Then you could have something with tiered difficutly akin to Diablo's rifts. PvP balance is the only reason, and they don't seem to be interested in doing anything actually competitive with it so why bother?
  • LittleSparra 10 Oct 2017 11:38:58 6,786 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's been obvious since the D1 beta that they're chasing something they can't actually reach.

However, the compromise proved immensely popular, so...
  • telboy007 10 Oct 2017 18:43:19 2,021 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just think, in 2 years time this game is going to be awesome.
  • ModoX 11 Oct 2017 10:44:32 2,824 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @telboy007 it'd be funny if it wasn't true
  • y2rich 11 Oct 2017 11:05:54 3,095 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hit 305 last night and short of chasing the last piece of raid armour I need and one or two vendor weapons I can’t see any point in touching it again until the DLC...
  • GarlVinland 11 Oct 2017 15:37:26 2,062 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    That's my point. A few hours a week of meaningful advancement is nothing to most players. Done within a couple of days (at most?) then no real reason to play until the next week. With every item having fixed values there isn't even the lure of getting a better drop than the version you already own.

305 is not what it's all about. The Journey is definitely more important but if that journey is only advanced in little chunks once a week then people will have very little to do in the meantime. The cynic in me just can't believe that such a limitation wasn't recognised and marked for exploitation.
    This is exactly the problem I'm finding. I've plateaued at 268 and am relying on milestones to edge it up, but only really have time to do the Flashpoint, which is already tedious after a couple of weeks. Literally anything else barring getting the exact piece of gear I want, which never happens, feels like a waste. I can't even grind to buy the piece of gear I want anymore, it's just pouring in time for another chance at a slot machine which rarely pays out. Not that the game isn't fun just to play but the endgame is largely about dragging that number up.

And I definitely second the problem with them dampening the game for balance. I already have Merciless, Wardcliff Coil, MIDA and Vigilance Wing, supposedly 4 of the best exotics, and none of them are interesting the way Thorn or Gjallarhorn were. They've managed to take the character somewhat out of a game with space warlocks and wizards from the moon!

I hope the DLC unshackles the game somewhat, because even though the endgame of D1 wasn't perfect, it still held my attention longer.
  • JiveHound 11 Oct 2017 15:42:10 8,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Front page has finally caught up with Peej then.
  • Billy-Daniels 11 Oct 2017 16:04:14 51 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    In vanilla Destiny everybody wanted to raid mostly because of the loot but the actual raid itself was fun as well. We had around 12 regulars fighting for 6 places or we'd have two teams doing seperate raids.

This kept us playing up to the Dark Below dlc and much further.

Now we struggle to get 3 people together for a raid. The loot is crap and most people realise they can get powerful gear from doing public events. The social aspect of Destiny is the most important part and now that people don't want to raid our tightly knit group has fallen apart. Even the Destiny obsessed members of our group have stopped playing which says a lot about the current state of Destiny 2.

I'm thinking of finally giving Warframe a go, hoping the endgame in that is as good as people say it is.
  • GarlVinland 11 Oct 2017 16:06:01 2,062 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Billy-Daniels Saw this which I found quite interesting.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/8/16438206/destiny-2-future-warframe
  • Page

of 86 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.