Call Of Duty: WWII (COD 2017) Page 8

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• StrayBezza 5 Nov 2017 11:32:56 980 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Oh. Sorry my brain is frazzed. All of it is good. I mean, the campaigns not gonna win any awards but its engaging and fun and looks great. Multiplayer is a return to its roots and all the better for it. Zombies is zombies.
  • CompetitiveDad 5 Nov 2017 12:12:47 7,320 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Addy_B wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5

I've just sold splatoon 2 elsewhere and have a £5 voucher for Argos so pretty much just have to add a tenner myself. So yes bought it. I'm only interested again due to it being back to WWII. Like you it's mainly campaign and zombies.

So I assume the stupid jetpack jumping and all the wall running shit has gone?
    My mate, traded in Overwatch, BF1 and COD remastered as I own them all digitally and we both added £5.50 each to pick this up. :)
  • Mark1412 5 Nov 2017 12:51:13 1,155 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've quite enjoyed the single player, which is the first time I can say that since MW. Online seems do be down more than it is available but what I've played is better than the last one I played, which I think was Ghosts.
  • Addy_B 5 Nov 2017 12:59:49 1,676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Wife has just dropped it off so will give it a whirl tonight.
  • ChiefGB 5 Nov 2017 13:03:40 7,310 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Stealth, I'm a rich man post ;)
    Stealth, I don't have a 4K TV post.
    Err I've quite a nice 4k tv thankyou

Edited by ChiefGB at 13:04:41 05-11-2017
  • beastmaster 5 Nov 2017 13:14:24 17,589 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    ChiefGB wrote:
    I mean me. It's not all about you :-)
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 5 Nov 2017 13:25:14 1,927 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Jesus, PC performance is amazing. 4k/ultra/max-AA and I'm averaging 100fps. It's not the absolute prettiest game around, but it's no slouch either.

I have plenty of complaints about CoD in general and CoD:Carefully-Selected-Bits-of-WW2-Where-The-Goodies-Are-Already-Winning in particular, but the rest of the industry could learn a few lessons about technical optimisation from these guys.

Edit: Seriously, look at that FRAPS counter.

Edited by Rogueywon at 13:54:54 05-11-2017
  • cheese101 5 Nov 2017 14:00:39 725 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Jesus, PC performance is amazing. 4k/ultra/max-AA and I'm averaging 100fps. It's not the absolute prettiest game around, but it's no slouch either.

I have plenty of complaints about CoD in general and CoD:Carefully-Selected-Bits-of-WW2-Where-The-Goodies-Are-Already-Winning in particular, but the rest of the industry could learn a few lessons about technical optimisation from these guys.

Edit: Seriously, look at that FRAPS counter.
    Mechanically the game hasnít changed in 10 years, I donít expect anything other then buttery smooth performance considering the amount of time this engine has had the opportunity to be optimised.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 5 Nov 2017 14:10:05 1,927 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @cheese101 That's true, but it's still a decent looking game. We've seen plenty of releases over the last 12 months which look worse than this but where my PC (i7 6700K / 1080 Ti) has struggled to hold 60fps at maxed settings.
  • JamboWayOh 5 Nov 2017 14:41:52 3,376 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm sure I remember Ghosts being badly optimised as well as looking pretty bad, I'm pretty sure Black Ops 3 was the same on pc. As far as I know advanced warfare and infinite warfare (christ, who comes up with these names a 3 year old?) ran like hot butter.
  • ChiefGB 5 Nov 2017 18:19:53 7,310 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    ChiefGB wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    ChiefGB wrote:
    I mean me. It's not all about you :-)
    Haha, sorry dude read it the wrong way, must be next on the list then?
  • reggy72 5 Nov 2017 20:09:26 618 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have not played a COD game since whatever stupid one my son had with jet packs and wall running or a poor mans version of excellent Titan Fall, I think it had a rendition of peodo Spacey in it, maybe that's another shitty COD? thought it was shit especially online.

But today I thought I'd give it a go, as WW2 isn't exactly known for its wall running jet pack bollocks. And its pretty good, sure it is not going to win any awards but it seems pretty solid in the campaign and the online TD seemed to hark back to simpler COD games, sure I'm bloody useless at it but overall I'll stick with it for a while as it actually fun to play.
  • Addy_B 5 Nov 2017 20:33:21 1,676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    How's the online connectivity (on PS4)? I keep hearing reports that it's garbage at the moment.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 5 Nov 2017 20:35:48 1,927 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Played a couple of hours of campaign and I think I like it. Sort of. It's not brilliant, but it is highly competent. I still wish they'd chosen some less familiar sections of WW2, but hey ho, this is the most mainstream series in existence so expecting it to be daring is definitely unrealistic.

I'm a pure campaign-only CoD player. If I do end up liking this one, the it will end up breaking a like/don't like cycle that's run for years. I've not liked two consecutive games in the series since CoD4: Modern Warfare and World at War. Since then, we've gone MW2 (hated), BlOps (liked), MW3 (disliked), BlOps2 (liked quite a lot), Ghosts (hated - the only one I didn't finish), Advanced Warfare (liked), BlOps3 (mostly disliked), Infinite Warfare (liked quite a lot). A bit like that good-film-shit-film cycle Star Trek had going for more than a decade.
  • cheese101 5 Nov 2017 21:12:07 725 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Having a lot of fun sniping in war mode. Very impressed so far
  • beastmaster 5 Nov 2017 22:59:00 17,589 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's a lot of fun. Me and my mate have been taking turns in Team Deathmatch.

Looks like they've got it right this time.
  • Addy_B 6 Nov 2017 01:35:15 1,676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Yeah I've had a few games of tdm earlier. Quite enjoyed it but it's a shame cod doesnt wet my whistle like it used to. I'll start the campaign this week and then after that's done I'll decide whether it's a keeper.
  • solidsneek 6 Nov 2017 09:02:08 379 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I am loving this game multiplayer is same old COD which is not a bad thing by any means and there's no double jump!

Finished the campaign last night looks amazing all round and some of the missions are really gripping. There is a much better variety in terms of mission this time around. I really enjoyed it and look forward to sinking hours in this with MP. I heard bad reviews where people were saying they weren't connecting with the team mates but I genuinely really liked them.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 6 Nov 2017 09:07:47 1,927 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @solidsneek I've a horrible feeling I've been enjoying the campaign more than that in the new Wolfenstein. There's something very badly broken in the world when that happens.

Shall have to keep an eye out for any other signs of the apocalypse. Grateful if people could let me know if they notice the sun weeping blood, or plagues of locusts rising out of the earth.
  • solidsneek 6 Nov 2017 09:12:35 379 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @solidsneek I've a horrible feeling I've been enjoying the campaign more than that in the new Wolfenstein. There's something very badly broken in the world when that happens.

Shall have to keep an eye out for any other signs of the apocalypse. Grateful if people could let me know if they notice the sun weeping blood, or plagues of locusts rising out of the earth.
    Yeah I hear where your coming from. I love the variety of mission type in this although some of it's very samey it just adds life to it.
  • foster2007 6 Nov 2017 11:12:47 217 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any word of this heap of shite coming to Switch?
    Would consider purchasing it on that.
  • Reacher 6 Nov 2017 16:56:51 2,580 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    -HairyArse wrote:
    Reacher wrote:
    I picked it up for my son on Friday and 'borrowed' it for a few games late the same night. I enjoyed it so much , I went and bought my own copy on Saturday evening.

Sadly, the servers were down for most of the night when I was trying to play it online. What I was able to play however, I really liked. I wish the M1 Garand had a bit of a better sound when shooting though. The online was a good laugh.
    So thereís thing called game sharing wherein you buy a game once and you both get it...
    Not in my house. It causes too many arguments ( I have 3 sons). Plus I can't kill them all online if they're using my copy.

That aside, I've spent most of this afternoon stuck on loading screens on the multiplayer. It's terrible. Getting a run of consecutive matches has been impossible.
  • beastmaster 7 Nov 2017 22:54:06 17,589 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Been playing the shiit out of the MP. Brilliant game.
  • Addy_B 7 Nov 2017 23:22:21 1,676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Really enjoying the campaign. It's been many years since I've said that.
  • Reacher 8 Nov 2017 18:38:26 2,580 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been playing "War" most of the afternoon. The Operation Neptune is fantastic.

I've been quite surprised by this game, it's much much better than I thought it would be. A really good take on old school FPS games.
  • cheese101 8 Nov 2017 19:22:28 725 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Itís great stuff. War mode needs to be played. Unfortunately my pal who I do most of my competitive gaming with has decided not to buy it as a colleague told him the game was shit after playing a bit of TDM.

War mode puts a 360 on the formula and excels in providing a lot of fun, engaging moments.

I actually like zombies in this one (thought it was fucking pants before)

Iíd like to think I have exquisite taste in games so for me to be recommending this anyone on the fence should be throwing 40 big ones down on amazon this evening.

Edited by cheese101 at 19:22:44 08-11-2017
  • Addy_B 8 Nov 2017 19:44:10 1,676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    And add another £7.99 on top.
  • Reacher 8 Nov 2017 20:49:17 2,580 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    cheese101 wrote:
    Itís great stuff. War mode needs to be played. Unfortunately my pal who I do most of my competitive gaming with has decided not to buy it as a colleague told him the game was shit after playing a bit of TDM.

War mode puts a 360 on the formula and excels in providing a lot of fun, engaging moments.

I actually like zombies in this one (thought it was fucking pants before)

Iíd like to think I have exquisite taste in games so for me to be recommending this anyone on the fence should be throwing 40 big ones down on amazon this evening.
    If you're on ps4, feel free to add me on for some shooting @Willbert07
  • mangojoe 8 Nov 2017 21:03:33 1,527 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheese is playing on his new Xbox One X
  • Humperfunk 9 Nov 2017 13:21:59 7,012 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Addy_B wrote:
    And add another £7.99 on top.
    Down to £39.99 on Simplygames this afternoon so grabbed a copy. Couldn't resist any longer, love a good CoD campaign and the feedback here and in reviews in general, just had to get involved.

Need to finish Assassin's Creed Origins first though but the way I'm piling through that, can see me starting this very soon indeed.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.